Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2018, 06:39 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,105,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
the arm is an excuse, its really nothing, Acosta was kicked out because he challenge the president, not asking a question but trying to start a fight
Hm. I wonder. Why did the president call on Acosta in the first place? . . . of the hundred reporters in there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 06:41 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,567,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Wow .... you obviously need an education regarding what assault entails .... any unwanted physical contact can legally consitute assault. It doesn’t require a Chuck Norris style roundhouse kick to the face, or a body slam. Fact is, physical contact isn’t even required .... a statement, or motion, or a gesture suggesting the intent to assault can indeed be assault.

As for the “pardon me mam” .... totally irrelevant .... one could say “pardon me mam” as they push someone off a cliff.
20 years in security work I probably know more then most on here and going by what you said she assaulted him first. So if anything he was defending himself.

I need to add something to what you said yes, sadly looking at someone’s a gesture can be considered assault. It’s really sad that we live in a world where people are acting like children. Everyone gets his/her panties in a bunch over every little thing. It makes me wish I had the money to buy an island and get away from this B.S.

Last edited by reed067; 11-10-2018 at 06:51 AM..

Old 11-10-2018, 06:49 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,684,636 times
Quote:
Wow .... you obviously need an education regarding what assault entails .... any unwanted physical contact can legally consitute assault. It doesn’t require a Chuck Norris style roundhouse kick to the face, or a body slam. Fact is, physical contact isn’t even required .... a statement, or motion, or a gesture suggesting the intent to assault can indeed be assault.

As for the “pardon me mam” .... totally irrelevant .... one could say “pardon me mam” as they push someone off a cliff.
True. But she touched him first. If you want to play that game, she made the first, aggressive move. But she's a girl, right? Imagine if a man had gotten up and made that move to a woman reporter. I can hear the "assault" screams from that.

Look, I'm going to play devil's advocate here because, really, I'm not loyal to Acosta and I know he can be quite the "crank" and he pushes Trump's dishonesty buttons so he's not 'innocent' here; however, if we are going to play this assault BS, then the intern/girl was fairly aggressive first.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:54 AM

15,117 posts, read 8,665,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Grabbing at people because Trump's little feels can't handle what they say are the rules? Of course they are. We would expect no less from this WH.
This is such a classic demonstration of leftist non-thinking ....

No White House or President in history has been subjected to the level of open hostility and disrespect that has transpired over the past two years. Totally unprecedented, and completely disgraceful. This apparently now extends to young interns.

And it’s laughable for anyone to claim that a video is “doctored” simply for slowing it down so that everyone can see the clown pushing her hand away as she reaches for the microphone.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:56 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,349,960 times
Open hostility? Disrespect?

Might wanna look at your boy Trump...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...1f5c&tid=sm_fb

I wandered off for a day. I'm too far behind to read all of these posts. Did anyone ever address my question regarding whether the intern has made a statement regarding this? Does anyone care about her opinion?

5,127 posts, read 2,603,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I watched it live and completely disagree with your perspective.

I also watched it live and disagree with your perspective, Acosta was given his question...he was clearly looking to stir up trouble and looking for a fight, then he broke the rules by not giving up the mic after his Hollywood time was up. Good riddance. Maybe now he will go back to being a reporter instead of an activist.

Hopefully April is next...and her fat a-- is next, she will play the race card.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:57 AM

15,117 posts, read 8,665,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Fairly stupid, as evidenced by this thread.

If the message was the same, the videos would be identical. They are not, nor is “the end message the same”.

Slowing down and speeding up specific frames in video editing software is indeed editing....

Are you suggesting that the NFL “doctors video” a dozen times per game when instant replay slows down a play under review? LOL

You people are very disturbed.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:00 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,567,159 times
Quote:
This is such a classic demonstration of leftist non-thinking ....

No White House or President in history has been subjected to the level of open hostility and disrespect that has transpired over the past two years. Totally unprecedented, and completely disgraceful. This apparently now extends to young interns.

And it’s laughable for anyone to claim that a video is “doctored” simply for slowing it down so that everyone can see the clown pushing her hand away as she reaches for the microphone.
Maybe if he didn’t act like a man child this wouldn’t be a problem.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
I also watched it live and disagree with your perspective, Acosta was given his question...he was clearly looking to stir up trouble and looking for a fight, then he broke the rules by not giving up the mic after his Hollywood time was up. Good riddance. Maybe now he will go back to being a reporter instead of an activist.
He was accused of assault, not accused of refusing to give up the mic. See the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies