Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 12:11 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
watch the encounter with acosta and tell me who is wallowing in the mud. it aint trump

I think he actually enjoys the confrontation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 12:12 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
watch the encounter with acosta and tell me who is wallowing in the mud. it aint trump
it is ALL trump.

Trump openly calls American Reporters "lairs", "dumb", "low IQ", "stupid", "bad people", "enemies" and much much more.

No other POTUS has been so rude , so nasty and such a liar. Jim has a solid rep going back many years, his job is to ask the TOUGH questions.

Republicans , Trumpers and the like know Trump is the problem, they know he is the liar, they know he is the uncouth breaker of norms and laws. But they don't care they would rather lie to themselves and to others, pretending they think Trump is being mistreated , when everyone across the entire globe knows Trump is the problem.

The media gave Trump a massive break by not calling him a liar through out his campaign like they should have. But they will never make that mistake again. From now when a candidate openly, knowingly and repeatedly lies they will be called out.

What bothers you Jacobo1 is that you know trump wears the black hat, you know it. You just don't want to admit it to yourself or others.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:15 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I think he actually enjoys the confrontation!
I think he hates the sword of justice that dangles over his head, and these attacks on the people who have publicly out his crimes make him feel better.

Trump has painted himself into corner, he never thought he would win, so he did not take the precautions one should if they are going to collaborate with a foreign power....... He is exposed, he knows it and he is lashing out at anyone he can. If Trump goes down he will drag down dozens others, and they know it.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:16 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
Quote:
I have watched it, and the mud-wallower--as usual--is Trump.

Pretty funny that Trumpers are taking issue with Acosta moving away the woman's hand, when they had nothing to say about Trump celebrating the "body slamming" of a journalist, and even offering to pay the legal fees for anyone who got violent against the media. But, somehow, Acosta merely moving the woman's hand away is the very epitome of "leftist" "violence." What a bunch of hypocrites.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:16 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:

All Trump has to do is answer the questions posed, and do what he is paid to do. If he weren't argumentative, and combative, none of this would ever occur. He does it to himself.

Donald Trump has this mistaken opinion that he is Supreme Ruler, and no one should be permitted to ask him uncomfortable questions. He is the servant of the United States, not our Dictator.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:37 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Absolutely it was Trump doing the wallowing. When he pointed his finger at Acosta and said "You are a terrible person". Why did Trump call him that? Because he was asking a question that Don didn't like.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:06 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
I know lets have the press submit questions in writing in advance so Trump can cherry pick which ones he wants to answer. Trump doesn't do tough questions, if he did, he'd sit down with Mueller and tell the truth.

Reporters ask hard questions. Presidents who have something to hide, don't answer them, attack the press, and spew out of control rhetoric.

When you're in the public eye and the leader of the free world you are going to get touch questions. It's how you handle it that's important and Trump gets an F for behaving like a banana republic despot.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:09 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:

Nah, the White House was wallowing in the manure pile when they released a doctored video sourced from InfoWars!

Old 11-09-2018, 05:56 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
This was a question from Major Garrett in 2015 regarding the deal with Iran and the 4 hostages, it was an intense moment but even though Obama felt insulted he responded in a civil and controlled but angry manner.

George Bush certainly had to put up with much of the same , these types of personal insults at a WH press conference are embarrassing new territory.

Quote:
“As you well know, there are four Americans in Iran, three held on trumped-up charges ,according to your administration, one whereabouts unknown,” Garrett said. “Can you tell the country, Sir, why you are content with all the fanfare around this deal to leave the conscience of this nation and the strength of this nation unaccounted for in relation to these four Americans?”

Obama responded: “I gotta give you credit, Major, for how you craft those questions. The notion that I’m content as I celebrate with American citizens languishing in Iranian jails. Major, that’s nonsense and you should know better.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2015/...ference-120156

Old 11-09-2018, 06:03 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
I don't even watch the press conferences; as someone said, it's just grandstanding on both sides. I have never put much stock in presidential campaign debates for the same reason. In order to judge, we need to watch policy decisions.

So much of the time we waste getting bogged down in trivia. Trump vs. Acosta would be considered of significance only if we're talking elementary school playgrounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies