Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2018, 06:57 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Nailed it and agreed.

It’s none of our business of who wants to screw who. The government can’t legislate the bedroom.
To most people, religious or not, married, never married, or divorced, marriage means more than, in your term, screwing.

If you were just trying for a quick quip about the issue, I'm sure you can do better than that.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:04 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Redneck Show View Post
The Bible forbids adultery too. Stop using the Bible as an excuse to attack folks whom you perceive to be “below you”.
The bible also teaches that you are to abide by the law of the land. Democrats are not supporting respect or complying with of our laws. If you are going to use bible to support your stance you can't cherry pick. Don't judge others because there is always something they can find about you.

You'll find my answer on page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What Is Your Opinion On Same-Sex Marriage?

If it makes them happy and doesn't hurt anyone else, then no problem, good for them. We need more happiness in the world.

It's not my business.

Signed, a Trump supporter.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:07 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,247,757 times
Yay for gay marriage. Yay for straight marriage. Yay for open marriage. Yay for multipartner marriage. Yay for marriage or not, if you dont want to. I'm a conservative but in this case and in abortion I believe you have a right to decide for yourself. Polygamy should be legal. Open marriage shouldnt be regulated. Same sex marriage should be an inalienable right because marriage is a right.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:09 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
Yay for gay marriage. Yay for straight marriage. Yay for open marriage. Yay for multipartner marriage. Yay for marriage or not, if you dont want to. I'm a conservative but in this case and in abortion I believe you have a right to decide for yourself. Polygamy should be legal. Open marriage shouldnt be regulated. Same sex marriage should be an inalienable right because marriage is a right.
Polygamy.... Will men accept being married to a women with many husbands?

Old 11-12-2018, 07:11 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I’m curious, since you are a Christian, how you feel about the Bible condemning homosexuality? Is that something you take issue with or interpret differently?
My Church and I both love and welcome all people. I don't care what the strict interpretation of the Bible says. There are many old world things in the Bible we no longer follow.

God wants us to love all people. That's over rules everything. I've been involved with the LGBT community for years. The Christians I know are good with Gay's and Gay marriage.

We're also good with individual rights. Just don't force anyone to bake a cake for your wedding. Go to a Gay friendly baker.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:11 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
It might be called marriage by the civil court but it's still not considered a marriage by certain religious groups and in that respect, there will never be full acceptance of it in our country. I doubt you can make 100% of Americans believe in whatever Hollywood dishes out.

And? We all know you can't make 100% of Americans believe whatever Washington dishes out.

And acceptance by "certain religious groups" has no bearing on the Constitutionality of the law of the land.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:13 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
What consenting adults do is nobody else's business.

As long as legal protections are tied up with the concept of state-recognized unions, everyone should be entitled to one.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:19 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
What Is Your Opinion On Same-Sex Marriage?

I think gay people should have the same rights to be just as miserable as straight married people.
LOL. I remember before the SCOTUS ruling thinking, "Be careful what you wish for. YOU JUST MIGHT GET IT"

Old 11-12-2018, 07:20 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How do you feel about Matthew 7: Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Well as I don’t believe in the Bible, I don’t think anything of scripture.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:23 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
It might be called marriage by the civil court but it's still not considered a marriage by certain religious groups and in that respect, there will never be full acceptance of it in our country. I doubt you can make 100% of Americans believe in whatever Hollywood dishes out.

This came from Hollywood? That's news to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies