Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 06:33 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,292,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yep. Acosta back in the WH and business as usual. He's still asking SHS very tough questions which she had to tip top around.

Hold their feet to the fire, Jim. Keep asking those tough questions that make Trump RAGE as he watches the WH press briefing live during his "executive time."
Never give up, Jim. American patriots are behind you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 06:42 AM

2,073 posts, read 1,071,686 times
I preferred seeing Jim over the weekend filling in on CNN for one hour. I'd actually watch more CNN if Jim had his own show even though I enjoy watching him push Trump's fragile buttons.

Last edited by Robert&Ripley; 11-28-2018 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: more to say

Old 11-28-2018, 06:43 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, I was wrong.....
At least you acknowledge BentBow, I'll give credit for that. We all get it wrong sometimes.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:19 AM

41,975 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Acosta broke the rules today, so the White House can ban him again-
The White House, then, would have to revoke the press credentials of every reporter in the press corps who also asked follow up questions. Rules must be applied evenly, or ...

This (read below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Seems like a good way for the White House to lose another lawsuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Not according to what the judge said in the last one. If the rules are published, and he breaks the rules, he can be removed and banned!
If he really DID break the rules he was given, he should be.
"The rules" stated that reporters may ask follow-up questions at the discretion of the press secretary etc. Since Sarah Sanders answered the follow-up questions, she approved of them being asked.

No rules were broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
Acosta is back where he belongs - on the front lines kicking pitchers of hazy koolaid from the mouths of Trump’s nebulous zombies one serving at a time.
Hee hee - I love the imagery!

Old 11-28-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The White House, then, would have to revoke the press credentials of every reporter in the press corps who also asked follow up questions. Rules must be applied evenly, or ...

This (read below)

"The rules" stated that reporters may ask follow-up questions at the discretion of the press secretary etc. Since Sarah Sanders answered the follow-up questions, she approved of them being asked.

No rules were broken.

Hee hee - I love the imagery!
Exactly. It would be pretty difficult to prove you didn’t authorize a question you answered!

They were both respectful of each other, which was refreshing. I really appreciate whatever mutual agreement they seemed to come to.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:25 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
The White House Press are supposed to be reporters not opinion jockeys. They are supposed to question the President and Spokesperson on what they don't know or what they don't understand in order to inform their readers/viewers on what the President has to say. Their opinion is irrelevant. Acosta hasn't learned that and neither have some others.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:33 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
""The rules" stated that reporters may ask follow-up questions at the discretion of the press secretary etc. Since Sarah Sanders answered the follow-up questions, she approved of them being asked.

No rules were broken."

What part of "IF HE REALLY did break the rules..." (emphasis added) do you find so difficult to understand?

Actually, he DID break the rules. Sanders chose to allow it. I wonder if she is keeping a book on his actions? I wonder how long it will be before somebody tells him "OK, that's it, you have been given all the leeway we choose to allow, and you refuse to abide by the rules that were given to you. Yer outta here, NOW!"
I don't much like reporters, and acosta and the trespassing Guardian reporter contribute a great deal to that dislike!
Major Garrett, however, seems to be a pretty good reporter.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The White House Press are supposed to be reporters not opinion jockeys. They are supposed to question the President and Spokesperson on what they don't know or what they don't understand in order to inform their readers/viewers on what the President has to say. Their opinion is irrelevant. Acosta hasn't learned that and neither have some others.
Out of curiosity what opinions has Acosta been putting out?

Old 11-28-2018, 07:46 AM

41,975 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
It would be pretty difficult to prove you didn’t authorize a question you answered!
It remains to be seen if the White House communications staff is smart enough to understand that ...

Quote:
Actually, he DID break the rules. Sanders chose to allow it.
Apparently you don't understand the meaning of the word "discretion"?

Old 11-28-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:

I wonder if she is keeping a book on his actions? I wonder how long it will be before somebody tells him "OK, that's it, you have been given all the leeway we choose to allow, and you refuse to abide by the rules that were given to you. Yer outta here, NOW!"

Yes, because we all would rather have a silly battle continue between the press secretary and a CNN White House corespondent. The civil discussion we experienced yesterday was way too boring!

I like to think we continue on this path of mutual respect and maturity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies