Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 09:49 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
She's ready to shatter the old, white, redneck paradigm, and they know if they are ever exposed that the j-i-g is up. And that is what terrifies them the most: people knowing the truth.
Don't be a racist, people are just fascinated that a single human can be so ridiculously stupid. It has nothing to do with race, sex, or politics, its all about IQ, and hers is about equal to what the temperature will be at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will be this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 09:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Another conservative starts another thread about Ocasio-Cortez - newbie Congresswoman.

Ya'll gonna have to pace yourself with this obsession over her.
She's the Trumplicans replacement for Clinton.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:00 PM

294 posts, read 219,936 times
There is no amount of attractiveness that can compensate for being dumber than a box of rocks.
I have dated a few women much nicer looking than her, she is only slightly more attractive than average to me. She has crazy written all over her face and once she opens her mouth its all over.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:23 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
She's ready to shatter the old, white, redneck paradigm, and they know if they are ever exposed that the j-i-g is up. And that is what terrifies them the most: people knowing the truth.
Yeah, those old, white, rednecks and their three branches of government. AOC will set them straight! It's the three CHAMBERS: the House, the Senate and the President!

Old 11-21-2018, 10:34 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Larry View Post
There is no amount of attractiveness that can compensate for being dumber than a box of rocks.
I have dated a few women much nicer looking than her, she is only slightly more attractive than average to me. She has crazy written all over her face and once she opens her mouth its all over.
I don't think she's any dumber or less informed about politics than the average 29-year-old woman. What sets her apart is her amazing level of confidence. She has the balls to get out there and be confidently uniformed in front of the whole world. And she's doing so at just the right time, with Bernie having paved the way, and the media having already convinced millions that they need a leader like her.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:39 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
What incredible irony that Trump supporters are calling a politician other than Trump "stupid".

In what bizarro world does someone who listens to, and believes in, Donald J. Trump call anyone else in politics "stupid"?

You can't make this stuff up.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:21 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I never said welfare recipients were mainly republicans. My point was that the south has their fair share.
That's because COL is lower there. However, public assistance program beneficiaries remain 2 or more times more likely to be Democrats than Republicans.

Here's the main difference between the 2 political parties...

Republicans contribute to society while taking less. Democrats take from society while contributing less.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:28 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's because COL is lower there. However, public assistance program beneficiaries remain 2 or more times more likely to be Democrats than Republicans.

Here's the main difference between the 2 political parties...

Republicans contribute to society while taking less. Democrats take from society while contributing less.
Bull.

California contributes more to the federal economy and get's much less back.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:35 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Bull.

California contributes more to the federal economy and get's much less back.
California is a trainwreck. It has the highest poverty rate in the US. 12% of the US population lives in California, but it has 34% of the US welfare population.

Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America? - Los Angeles Times

Old 11-22-2018, 05:56 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Bumping this up for all the right-wingers playing dumb on here. They know what she meant.

Funny how conservatives have to misrepresent, remove from context, lie and distort to make their points. Oh, they don't have a Palin-equivalent to pick on on the Democrat side? Solution: pick an attractive new Democrat, post a video every time she slightly misspeaks, and feign lack of understanding as to what she's actually talking about. It's not going to work though.

With Palin, the criticism affected the 2008 election, because she was a downright absurd person. She was genuinely ignorant about how government works, and never made any efforts after the election to correct her ignorance. There was truth in it. With Ocasio-Cortez, we have someone who's clearly young and bright, and passionate about service in government. However, she occasionally misspeaks in an inconsequential way, but not a way that demonstrates outright ignorance.

That's why these attacks won't work. Attacks work when there's truth. For example, when Trump attacks Warren by calling her "Pocahontas," it has a positive effect for him politically, because the fact that she claimed Native American ancestry makes everyone cringe a bit. Sure, his attacks are overblown and unwarranted in my opinion, but they're effective because of the underlying kernel of truth.

Unfortunately, (and I can't take credit for this quote) Ocasio-Cortez is going to have to work twice as hard to get half the respect from Republicans.

Funny how LIBERALS have to misrepresent, remove from context, lie and distort to make their points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies