Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 12:46 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I think they play too much call of Duty.
Some guy named Jerry Miculek, but he's a freak of nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 12:51 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Hurt people.
Hurt...people.
That about sums up this 2nd amend. Scenario.

Most hypocritical mindset is....it's absolutely okay to kill another....but let's all ban abortion. Because it's a life

The amendment was not for individual. ..but for united militia defense . Yet the moment Pandora s box was opened..it got rusty and now we have integrated this 2nd amend into homes...

What one perspective calls defending another perspective is...so it's okay to kill, injure .both sides hold truths. I ll lean towards not killing .
Who said it's okay to kill another? the only time it's okay is in self-defense when your own life is at risk due to a violent person.

The second amendment doesn't state "the right of the militias to keep and bear arms," it says "the right of the people to keep and bear arms." The authors of that document were not stupid, they clearly wrote what they intended.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:33 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:
Hurt people.
Hurt...people.
That about sums up this 2nd amend. Scenario.

Most hypocritical mindset is....it's absolutely okay to kill another....but let's all ban abortion. Because it's a life

The amendment was not for individual. ..but for united militia defense . Yet the moment Pandora s box was opened..it got rusty and now we have integrated this 2nd amend into homes...

What one perspective calls defending another perspective is...so it's okay to kill, injure .both sides hold truths. I ll lean towards not killing .
Quote:
My freedom is intercepted when a gun (lethal weapon) is used to release me or my family from LIViING. You bet I have a valid fear that a bullet and the person releasing it to do harm are not 'RIGHT'.

Have yet to meet or sit with a gun toter who has yet to truly respect life. It can be done. I don't need a lethal weapon and I am sure there are millions who have walked this earth without one.
It's the person holding the lethal weapon that is infringing on MY freedom to rights.

These truly idiotic statements are based on lies:

"it's absolutely okay to kill another..", "It's the person holding the lethal weapon that is infringing on MY freedom to rights"

The reasoning of a opaque mind.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:41 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Who can pull a trigger 20 times in three seconds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I think they play too much call of Duty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Some guy named Jerry Miculek, but he's a freak of nature.

Agreed I have seen some of his video's of shooting. Example of 12 rounds in under 3 seconds from a revolver, with a reload in-between; and on target.

Old 11-24-2018, 03:18 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
A person holding a lethal weapon is not infringing on your freedom unless he/she is actually using said weapon to deprive you of life, liberty, property, ect. That is generally considered a felony offense that is prosecuted vigorously and will land the offender in prison (i.e., divest them of their freedom to not live caged up like an animal).

Nobody will argue you have the right to not possess a weapon, that's fine... but you have no right to demand everyone else can't. That is called infringing upon the freedoms of others.

That said, nobody is immune from an untimely death and nobody ever has been. Bad people have been doing bad things since long before firearms were even invented and would continue to do so regardless of any law. No matter what you do, you can't make the world 100% safe.

Bad people doing bad things must always be opposed nevertheless but your demand to be free of the perceived threat of "gun toting" people who's mere possession of a firearm somehow makes all 100+ million of them ambivalent to the value of life will only create a world where a elite minority have access to lethal weapons and leave the rest of us beholden to their good-graces. That always works out well in history, doesn't it?

Back in reality... last time I checked, restriction does NOT equal freedom and I DO NOT want to live in your "perfect" world. I hear there's a country on the other side of the Pacific where their favorite color is red and nobody is allowed to own guns or question their benevolent leaders and everyone lives in "harmony". You would be much happier there, me thinks.
Ohh my lawdy. I do declare you've gone by ways of "If you dont like it here then leave!" mentality. Nah lil chap some folks with respect for life, liberty and the pursuit of sanity need to guide the next generation. Not with a gun either. Common sense .Try it sometime.

I don't mind anyone owning a gun...own it til it rust in the rain. Just keep it miles away from us civilized folks....thank you kindly!

Old 11-24-2018, 03:41 AM

37,219 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Samuel Alito said it best in the Heller Deciision:
Attached Thumbnails
Help for gun control folks to understand the 2nd amend...-45697929_1935414223163047_8011606452340785152_n.jpg  

Old 11-24-2018, 04:47 AM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
So you are saying that your right has been infringed, correct?
"If you have to ask such an ignorant question, you will NOT understand the answer", as they say.

Did you BOTHER to READ ANY of the quotes on what the Founders meant when they wrote the 2nd amendment BEFORE you posted this ridiculous question?

"Shall NOT BE INFRINGED"

Definition of infringe

transitive verb
1 : to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another

I will try just 1 on you.

it is AGAINST the 2nd amendment to REQUIRE me to get a license and take a course I have to PAY FOR in order for me to EXERCISE MY RIGHT "to bear arms"

My RIGHT is INFRINGED "that violates law or the rights of another "

If you can't comprehend this basic concept, then their is no reason to waste any more time with you.

"You CANNOT reason with an UNreasonable person!"

Old 11-24-2018, 04:57 AM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Ohh my lawdy. I do declare you've gone by ways of "If you dont like it here then leave!" mentality. Nah lil chap some folks with respect for life, liberty and the pursuit of sanity need to guide the next generation. Not with a gun either. Common sense .Try it sometime.

I don't mind anyone owning a gun...own it til it rust in the rain. Just keep it miles away from us civilized folks....thank you kindly!
"Ohh my lawdy. I do declare you've gone by ways of "If you dont like it here then leave!" mentality."

Applies to YOU!

"Just keep it miles away from us civilized folks....thank you kindly!"

If YOU don't like the 2nd amendment, MOVE to another county that does NOT have one.

WE are NOT going ANYWHERE!

Old 11-24-2018, 07:04 AM

5,110 posts, read 2,052,447 times
I wonder how these gun control guys who feel with a sword near them to fight some robbers like these guys did in Mississauga, near Toronto?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...bery-1.4916288

Quote:
Employees at a jewelry store in Mississauga, Ont., used swords to end a brazen daylight robbery attempt.

The incident happened shortly after noon on Wednesday at Ashok Jewellers, according to Peel Regional Police.

Video from inside the store shows four would-be robbers breaking a window with what appears to be a hammer, while an employee and a customer were standing just metres away.

After the intruders knocked out the window, one man attempted to climb into the store through the broken glass, but three people inside the store charged him wielding sabre-style swords.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Ohh my lawdy. I do declare you've gone by ways of "If you dont like it here then leave!" mentality."

Applies to YOU!

"Just keep it miles away from us civilized folks....thank you kindly!"

If YOU don't like the 2nd amendment, MOVE to another county that does NOT have one.

WE are NOT going ANYWHERE!
I would agree, but unfortunately, this is not what its like in the real world...consider how much we have already 'settled/compromised' in relation to guns, VERY strict laws on owning full automatics, and thats in EVERY single state!

The full auto ban of 1986 is the biggest infringement, those are the most commonly used weapons in war, but majority of the public have been conditioned to accept that only law enforcement and military should have access to these types of guns!!

We really sold out with accepting that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies