Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2018, 08:24 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

If Trump hadn't shown cowardice and bad decision-making his entire life I don't think "draft dodging" would be much of a question. I too went to Military School...in the 60's it was where parents sent kids with no direction (if the parents had the bucks)....

Vietnam was raging. But I was on the young side and by the time I registered for the draft the lottery was only taking up to number 120 or so. I was at 150 or higher.

No way I was going to volunteer because I truly felt the war had nothing to do with our safety or national security.

I certainly would not get down on pacifists or those who don't want to fight and kill....or even those whose personalities don't take well to being "in the ranks". It's not like the old daze where millions are needed for cannon fodder.

However, to repeat myself, historically Prussia is different in the same way that many other countries that created "the west" were. A Viking better join the fighting clan, same with a Roman who wanted "stuff".

It's not a deal-breaker...if Trump were some kind of decent person and POTUS it wouldn't matter. But it is one more data point that shows Deplorability...

Old 11-28-2018, 09:04 AM

182 posts, read 331,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Funniest part of all this is that, had Obama refused military service or claimed "bone spurs" like Donald Trump did FIVE times,"

Funniest part of all this is that, people do NOT CLAIM medical problems

The MILITARY DOCTORS EXAMINE you and THEY DETERMINE your physical fitness for militarily duty.

It SHOWS YOU NEVER went through it! Probably to chicken to serve!

"The hypocrisy from Trump voters knows no bounds"

The IDIOCY from Trump haters shows NO bounds!

The military doctors did not discover my bone spurs at the MEPS. To do so, you need x-rays of your feet--they don't do that.

Trump got this diagnosis from his doctor and brought that to the MEPS. I'm sure many Americans with un-diagnosed bone spurs were drafted, volunteered, and continue to serve.

He's not a coward for avoiding the draft, and like Bill Clinton and Dick Cheney, he should have little credibility as military leader. That's okay because we want civilian control over our military. But I can't see how anyone who has served can support a man who belittles American POWs or gold star families.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:09 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
We all know that Trump received FIVE deferments to avoid serving in Vietnam. I guess he's a coward just like his grandfather.

Wimpy boy Trump comes from a bloodline of yellow-bellied sissies

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-royal-decree

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/stat...81367841234945
So you're disappointed that Trump's Grandpa didn't join the genocide of the Jews huh? For me, just makes much more certain that Trump is the right man to lead the world now.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:13 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So you're disappointed that Trump's Grandpa didn't join the genocide of the Jews huh? For me, just makes much more certain that Trump is the right man to lead the world now.
You're off by about 4 decades. Not a history expert apparently.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:16 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
We all know that Trump received FIVE deferments to avoid serving in Vietnam. I guess he's a coward just like his grandfather.

Wimpy boy Trump comes from a bloodline of yellow-bellied sissies

The more interesting part of this story for me is that the grandfather had already become an American citizen before returning to Bavaria. He clearly had some expectation that he would be able to remain there despite having rejected the country of his birth.
It doesn't seem unreasonable that he would be required to (re)prove his allegiance but, I guess he just didn't want it that much, despite the pleading tone of his letter.

Second most interesting is all of the years that Trump claimed his family was Swedish.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7903071.html

Old 11-28-2018, 09:22 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Quote:
It's not a deal-breaker...if Trump were some kind of decent person and POTUS it wouldn't matter. But it is one more data point that shows Deplorability...
bull. more delusional nonsense from a lefty. Trump is successful, loves America, and the left hates him for that. This is but another excuse for them to whine even though many of them sought not to fight themselves.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:52 AM

182 posts, read 331,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Trump is successful, loves America, and the left hates him for that.
Not one of these things is true. I dislike him because of his fake love for America. Trump, his Father, and his grandfather all appear to believe is "Trump First."

Old 11-28-2018, 09:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Down, boy!

Quote:
bull. more delusional nonsense from a lefty. Trump is successful, loves America, and the left hates him for that. This is but another excuse for them to whine even though many of them sought not to fight themselves.

tRump's weakness sure brings out the daggers from his followers.

It's a very predictable reaction.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:10 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
typical hollow responses by the typical haters here. typical.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
typical hollow responses by the typical haters here. typical.

Profound!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies