Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 08:47 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So detailed fraud and documented stalking is ODS?
Trumplings accuse leftists who accuse Trump of being a criminal and a rapist of having TDS, so no reason why I can't accuse you of having ODS based on that thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 08:48 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Got to love them acronyms.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:51 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
In response to the non-stop accusations of TDS by the Trumpies here on CD, I invented Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Or at least I thought I did.

I just Googled it and discovered it has been in the Urban Dictionary since 2012:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...ent%20Syndrome

Here's an article on it in The Economist from all the way back in 2009:
https://www.economist.com/node/13496418/comments?page=1

So the Trump fans who think they are being clever by accusing Trump haters as having TDS are not being clever. They're actually copycats.
BDS preceded either of them.

looks like the obamabots were the copycats

Old 11-30-2018, 08:52 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The difference is there were a few thousand ODS sufferers versus over 100 million TDS sufferers butthurt over losing to their Great Orange Clown Monster.
...he ironically says as the first page of threads on this forum has a negative one titled "remember when Obama was President".

Right Wing nuts couldn't be more delusional about who had more deranged hatred, especially when you consider what the actual hatred is based on.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
BDS preceded either of them.

looks like the obamabots were the copycats
Yeah I noticed that too.

There were also the Clinton Crazies which is the same thing, it's just that they hadn't come up with the "derangement syndrome" term yet.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:00 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
In 2001 I was critical of President Bush for his war in Iraq. No problem with Afghanistan and the search for Bin Laden but anyways --- I was told repeatedly (usually by conservatives) that it is rude and unpatriotic to criticize a President.

Then Obama became President and those same people went full on ugly, nasty. They not only insulted him and his policies, but implied black people had chips on their shoulders because THEY now had a black president.

I had one really good friend who said she can't be happy at all because President Obama was in office.

It was nuts.

So -- yes -- it existed before Trump. Social media and Trump's character -- his constant tweeting nonsense, lies, hyperbole feeds the beast.

Again -- I see this attack on Trump from all political ideologies. It isn't just those wacky leftist Democrats......some die hard conservatives can't seem to get on board with the guy.

They will still vote for him because they want Republican policies and he's Republican -- but man -- they mock, laugh, comment on everything little thing -- just like the Democrats.

Of course social media magnifies the issue.

You can be sure the next Democrat President will be faced with the same syndrome.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:15 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Trumplings accuse leftists who accuse Trump of being a criminal and a rapist of having TDS, so no reason why I can't accuse you of having ODS based on that thread.

Because it's thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread...with maybe, could have, sorta, anonymous sources, etc...that is called TDS....

You can call me what ever you want, and it's clear to see that you cannot back up what you say, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...sa ys a lot about you...

Still waiting for the cry closet and safe spaces that happened during the Obama years.....

Old 11-30-2018, 10:16 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Gee...could that be because that many more Americans cannot stand having a *****-grabbing, money laundering, philandering, pathological lying, dictator loving, puppet of Putin, birther grifter and his grifter family squatting in The White House and personally sponging off the treasury?
Every time you use the term "grifter" a left wing angel gets her wings.

Old 11-30-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Still waiting for the cry closet and safe spaces that happened during the Obama years.....
Here you go. This is just a teeny tiny sample ...

Before the election you had at least one CD poster suggest Obama was the anti-Christ:
07-12-2008 - Obama the anti-Christ? These people think so

Just before the 2008 election, here is somebody basically panicking over the prospect of an Obama presidency. Severe case of ODS. Panicking, crying, utter, sheer desperation:
11-04-2008 - PLEASE don't vote for Obama!!!

Here is nononsenseguy clearly exhibiting a sad case of ODS just after the election:
11-09-2008 - Change? What change? This is the Clinton administration revisited, only 100 times worse.

Here is a conservative, after the 2008 election, clearly afraid and pissed off and trying to tell everyone that the 2008 election was the end of the US republic. Classic ODS.
12-02-2008 - Is the Republic dead?

Those above are just in the OP's. Dig into some of the comments in some other threads and there are numerous examples of ODS. Thousands. For example:
11-05-2008 - Why are republicans so paranoid?...
Quote:
We're not paranoid, we're terrified. This will embolden all our enemies and we will suffer.
And of course, before he was even inaugurated there were plenty of people here proclaiming imminent disaster. Classic ODS:
11-11-2008 - Bend Over......here it comes?
Quote:
Most Americans didn't take the time to research what an Obama Presidency would do to their personal finances.......well bend over .....here comes the biggest overall tax increase ever. You got what you voted for.
OBAMA MUST BE STOPPED!!
Of course there was no biggest tax increase ever. Classic Obama paranoia.

Now if THIS isn't a sore loser, I don't know what is:
11-11-2008 - The "Dim" future...
Quote:
Fellow Business Executives:

As the CFO of this business that employees 140 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama will be our next President, and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that the Clients will have to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8% but since we cannot increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off six of our employees instead. This has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose
who will have to go.

So, this is what I did. I strolled thru our parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. These folks wanted change; I gave it to them....
And so on, and so forth, ad infinitum. Notice those are mostly from just one month (11/08) plus one from December and one from July 2008, and they were just in the elections section. Each and every one of them exhibiting classic ODS symptoms. And I didn't even begin to finish November of that year. I could literally spend months combing through just the elections section finding thousands of instances of ODS. Just in his first term.

You're really sad if you thought I couldn't or wouldn't find many many cases of ODS. This whole forum is filled with them, going up to today.

Old 11-30-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Just before the 2008 election, here is somebody basically panicking over the prospect of an Obama presidency. Severe case of ODS. Panicking, crying, utter, sheer desperation:
11-04-2008 - PLEASE don't vote for Obama!!!
And from this one, I just noticed this .. really really ironic!
Quote:
You may believe that it's incomprehensible that something like rape might be seen as okay at some point in the future... but realize this: 1) There are plenty of people all around the world who believe rape is okay. ...
I wonder if that guy voted for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies