Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 09:44 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,874,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
My child is forced to stay in my home as well. The government isn't allowed to come take her if they feel I'm raising her in a way that is against mainstream society.

They did go looking for it, they received a phone call from someone who doesn't live there and have removed these children on suspicion of wrong-doings...not proof. They removed ALL children because they don't actually know what's going on. Imagine that you're at work one day, come home, make dinner...and suddenly the government has SWAT teams storming your house to steal your children because they think your children "might" be abused...they have no proof of it...but it "might" be happening and they need to question your children without you present. Then, you walk outside and see that all of your neighbors children are being taken as well.
Your child can be removed from your home too. If Social Services gets a call, they will come out and decide whether a situation warrants the removal of a child. Doesn't happen enough IMO. Too many children are stuck in horrible situations with parents who are too clueless to protect them.

These "cults" brainwash people and they don't even realize their kids are being abused. I'll never understand how someone can try to explain this as being ok. I know it's bad for the kids b/c they don't know any other life but it doesn't mean the life they were forced to live in was better. I'm done on this topic. I see it the way I see it and you see it the way you see it and never two shall meet. Have a good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 10:16 AM

5,169 posts, read 11,449,918 times
These "cults" brainwash people and they don't even realize their kids are being abused. I'll never understand how someone can try to explain this as being ok. I know it's bad for the kids b/c they don't know any other life but it doesn't mean the life they were forced to live in was better. I'm done on this topic. I see it the way I see it and you see it the way you see it and never two shall meet. Have a good day.

My thoughts exactly. If a group of people is repeatedly breaking the law by forcing young girls to have sex with old demented men and on top of that impregnating them on purpose, they should consider moving to the middle east, where this kind of thing is accepted. Over here, we should protect young women from dirty old men.

forum rules, please read them

Old 04-16-2008, 10:32 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,972,392 times
There is zero comparison to what is happening to those children in that compound and the children on my street, for example. There is no way to broad brush what is happening to them versus what is happening in my house, as you try to relate below. There are zero times where it is permissible to give a young girl in her teens to an old man to do with as he wishes as they were doing in that compound. This is a cult. There is nothing normal or good about it. Stop and think about what you're advocating here.

Quote:
My child is forced to stay in my home as well. The government isn't allowed to come take her if they feel I'm raising her in a way that is against mainstream society.

They did go looking for it, they received a phone call from someone who doesn't live there and have removed these children on suspicion of wrong-doings...not proof. They removed ALL children because they don't actually know what's going on. Imagine that you're at work one day, come home, make dinner...and suddenly the government has SWAT teams storming your house to steal your children because they think your children "might" be abused...they have no proof of it...but it "might" be happening and they need to question your children without you present. Then, you walk outside and see that all of your neighbors children are being taken as well.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:49 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,117,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
There is zero comparison to what is happening to those children in that compound and the children on my street, for example. There is no way to broad brush what is happening to them versus what is happening in my house, as you try to relate below. There are zero times where it is permissible to give a young girl in her teens to an old man to do with as he wishes as they were doing in that compound. This is a cult. There is nothing normal or good about it. Stop and think about what you're advocating here.
I'm advocating for the government to not arbitrarily remove 416 children from their family and community without just cause. A telephone call from one person that they still cannot verify is a member of the community is hardly a just cause.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:09 AM

70 posts, read 110,400 times
Quote:
I'm advocating for the government to not arbitrarily remove 416 children from their family and community without just cause. A telephone call from one person that they still cannot verify is a member of the community is hardly a just cause.
If this was a Muslim extremist sect here in the U.S. and they got a tip that they were going to strap bombs to there kids, would you say the same thing or would you want them to check it out? I bet you would. These people are just as bad, they are brainwashing people in the name of God to justify hurting children.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timechilipot View Post
If this was a Muslim extremist sect here in the U.S. and they got a tip that they were going to strap bombs to there kids, would you say the same thing or would you want them to check it out? I bet you would. These people are just as bad, they are brainwashing people in the name of God to justify hurting children.
Your analogy doesn't work; a culture of polygamy and alleged underage forced marriages can hardly be compared to strapping bombs to children and letting them loose to kill people.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Your analogy doesn't work; a culture of polygamy and alleged underage forced marriages can hardly be compared to strapping bombs to children and letting them loose to kill people.
I agree there is a difference between the strapping of a bomb to child and forcing them to have sex, but both is illegal, that is the point. Abuse is abuse no matter how severe.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timechilipot View Post
I agree there is a difference between the strapping of a bomb to child and forcing them to have sex, but both is illegal, that is the point. Abuse is abuse no matter how severe.
So, where is the proof that ALL of these 416 children, including boys, were forced into marriage with older men...

My point is, the government didn't care about actually finding out who was abused before they took the children...they just took them.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:26 AM

Some in this thread seem to be of the impression that I'm OK with the sexual abuse of children, so let me clarify...I am not. A young girl should not be forced into marrying a much older man and having his children. My position on this issue comes from the facts that 1. They didn't know who was abused, 2. They're alienating the children from their family on a fishing expedition (even taking their cellphones away), 3. They removed boys as well.

Until the government has evidence of specific incidents of abuse they should not be allowed to remove a child from the home, let alone all the children from an entire community.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
So, where is the proof that ALL of these 416 children, including boys, were forced into marriage with older men...

My point is, the government didn't care about actually finding out who was abused before they took the children...they just took them.
Isn't it safer to remove all of them, and find out who was abused, than to leave them there so they can continue to be abused. Or even worse be given the purple cool aid with cyanide in it. Ever heard of Jim Jones?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies