Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 12:33 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,463,791 times

Advertisements

I applaud children services in Texas for removing these children from what is a sick atmosphere in my opinion.

Remember, they did have to present evidence to get to the point they are at. AND if there is concern about the action being too liberal politically, then please review the political leanings of the state of Texas. Judges who signed the papers required to get to this point NO DOUBT are Republicans themselves.

I have YET to meet a conservative who thinks its a good thing for a CHILD to be forced into marriage with old men and impregnated before they can even drive a car legally ALL in the name of populating the earth with MORE people with these twisted religious beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 12:34 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,117,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timechilipot View Post
So, the fact that they all had the same hair do, were wearing the same clothes, and said exactly the same thing when asked about the abuse charges doesn't signal something is wrong to you. Wow!
Most teenage girls wear the same clothes, have the same hairstyles, and (if they go to public school) will answer questions the same way...

Old 04-16-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I applaud children services in Texas for removing these children from what is a sick atmosphere in my opinion.

Remember, they did have to present evidence to get to the point they are at. AND if there is concern about the action being too liberal politically, then please review the political leanings of the state of Texas. Judges who signed the papers required to get to this point NO DOUBT are Republicans themselves.

I have YET to meet a conservative who thinks its a good thing for a CHILD to be forced into marriage with old men and impregnated before they can even drive a car legally ALL in the name of populating the earth with MORE people with these twisted religious beliefs.
No one here is saying a child should be forced into marriage with old men. Republican or democrat it doesn't matter to me.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:41 PM

70 posts, read 110,390 times
You said most. I said all. Nobody is forcing a fad on anyone. But these women obviously have to have there hair the same way, and where the same kind of dresses, and were told what to say to the news media.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:42 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,562,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
They looked fine to me...they were well spoken and heartbroken that their children were taken.
MamaBee - surely you jest? Those women I just saw - w/in the last 30 mins - who were talking to Larry King - they look like mentally ill people or people who have been in a prison camp and abused. They have "dead" looking eyes. They affectation is NOT normal.

We must not have seen the same women.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
MamaBee - surely you jest? Those women I just saw - w/in the last 30 mins - who were talking to Larry King - they look like mentally ill people or people who have been in a prison camp and abused. They have "dead" looking eyes. They affectation is NOT normal.

We must not have seen the same women.
Probably not, I didn't see them on Larry King.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:44 PM

70 posts, read 110,390 times
She is in denial. If that is normal to her then, I feel sorry for her.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
You said most. I said all. Nobody is forcing a fad on anyone. But these women obviously have to have there hair the same way, and where the same kind of dresses, and were told what to say to the news media.
Oh, you mean like the muslim women that are told how to dress...

Old 04-16-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
She is in denial. If that is normal to her then, I feel sorry for her.
I live in New Jersey...the home of diversity and multiculturalism. Nothing is "normal" to me.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:48 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,562,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Probably not, I didn't see them on Larry King.
I just saw a clip - don't know whether it was from a show not yet aired or what. I felt like crying. If you had seen them, you would be sitting here like me and wondering what has happened to these poor women. They all said the same thing - like robots. There is something terribly wrong here.

I never advocate taking children from their mommas. It breaks my heart to think about these women not having their precious babies w/ them. But the thing is - they are being oppressed and brain washed themselves and God only knows how these women have been abused - physically, mentally, emotionally, sexually. They don't even know they have the right to say NO to the men who run that society b/c they will be shunned if they do not do everything they are told to do.

It is horrible and I am sick how they have been treated and had to live. I have read many stories from women who managed to escape these horrible "families" and it is awful what they survived. And awful for their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies