Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you prefer as an outcome, assuming Russian interference and Trump's illegalities (even if
-With two years already down the drain, just rev up for the next election and vote him out. 8 21.05%
-The GOP leaders would lean on him to resign, conveying the bad consequences if he doesn't; Pence would take over. 7 18.42%
-Annul the 2016 election, as Kenya did, canceling any actions/appointments (e.g. Gorsuch), with an emergency interim election. 10 26.32%
-Impeachment/conviction, with no furher punishment (although subject to lawsuits, of course). 4 10.53%
-Impeachment/conviction, with prison and/or lifetime ban from high-level business. 9 23.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 08:22 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,696,215 times

Advertisements

I mean...if I were King I'd throw the book at him (under the law, of course)....for treason. Punishments for such have not been pretty over the ages!

But the world is not a fair place and there is no justice and people are led around by their fears and noses. What else is new?

America is a very corrupt place. But there are many places that are more corrupt.

I'd preferably have a more honest and honorable administration (and government in general), but I also know nothing I think or say will accomplish that. All I can do is be honest myself.

But, yeah, if I was playing "SimEarth" I'd punish him like the Rosenbergs (sold Atomic Secrets) if he were found guilty. Legally only, of course. I don't believe in mob rule. Only peaceful protest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 08:25 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,696,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
If democrats try to immediately remove him from office they will be tilting at windmills and enraging an already violent, vicious base. They will have squandered a golden opportunity.
Finish the term but keep him in the spotlight squirming at every new indictment of him and close associates
Politics don't turn out nice whatever you do. Heck of a thing the many of the same crowd that would impeach Clinton for something we all do (lie about sex) yet want a POTUS who did things which actually are treasonous.....to just sit in the chair with the nuke and economy button for a couple years.

That's fantastic. Like letting Charles Manson keep his flock for a year or two because he was in the middle of teaching them some good songs.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:30 PM

4,036 posts, read 2,723,822 times
While I personally believe Trump has done things to deserve jail time, I also believe it'd be a huge demoralizer for the country to have a POTUS impeached/convicted/jailed--and I think a lot of politicians on both sides of the aisle would be very nervous about going down that road, for fear of where it could lead someday.....so I'd take resigning.

My only question would be how complicit is Pence in everything, before accepting him as the new POTUS.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,674,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Politics don't turn out nice whatever you do. Heck of a thing the many of the same crowd that would impeach Clinton for something we all do (lie about sex) yet want a POTUS who did things which actually are treasonous.....to just sit in the chair with the nuke and economy button for a couple years.

That's fantastic. Like letting Charles Manson keep his flock for a year or two because he was in the middle of teaching them some good songs.
We're talking Washington D.C. here not The Temple of Solomon.
I would never be taken for one who would demand Clinton's impeachment nor the torture they put Hillary Through for years but I, personally feel that if the Democrats demand immediate heads to roll upon taking office, it would be a big mistake and squandering an opportunity to bring the country back to it's moral and constitutional track.
We can neuter Trump completely if we cut off his funding and cut of his agenda completely. At the same time we apply maximum legal pressure coming at him from all directions at once.
At some point a certain number of republicans will desert and we will have Trump. His base will melt away when they see how unglued he really is when the relentless pressure is applied.

I can't overemphasize how foolish it would be to immediately take control and the first item on the agenda for the Democrats is to take his head. We'd be playing right into his and his base's hands if we did so.
Don't ever underestimate his base again like we did in 2016.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:42 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,050,620 times
There's so much crazy in this thread Gary Busey would be envious.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:45 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,094,965 times
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Old 12-04-2018, 09:30 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,128,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
If we don't let him finish his term, his base will go ballistic and destroy the nation. .they really are too far gone to save and will revolt.
It's best if we takeaway all his power and then let him destroy himself, publicly for the next two years. .
Revenge is sweet but political torture before revenge is better.
Do we want to take a chance at his base going ballistic or HIM go ballistic?

Who knows what he will do when he's a cornered rat? You think he would leave the WH willingly or take whatver subpoenas the Dems through at him? If you think he's deranged and a wrecking ball now, you ain't seen nothing yet!

He still has alot of power left and he has already threatened to use it. The guy is as vindictive as they come!

Old 12-05-2018, 12:43 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
My first choice would be that he would resign, to save the country from a long, drawn out impeachment drama and all of the fighting that would go along with that.

The Senate won't convict even if nasty Nancy gets her impeachment, so what's the big Dem circle-jerk about?

Old 12-05-2018, 12:58 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I mean...if I were King I'd throw the book at him (under the law, of course)....for treason. Punishments for such have not been pretty over the ages!

But the world is not a fair place and there is no justice and people are led around by their fears and noses. What else is new?

America is a very corrupt place. But there are many places that are more corrupt.

I'd preferably have a more honest and honorable administration (and government in general), but I also know nothing I think or say will accomplish that. All I can do is be honest myself.

But, yeah, if I was playing "SimEarth" I'd punish him like the Rosenbergs (sold Atomic Secrets) if he were found guilty. Legally only, of course. I don't believe in mob rule. Only peaceful protest.

Treason now?

Mueller can't even prove Russians hacked the DNC server.

Meanwhile, any accusation against Trump will trigger a full DOJ investigation of the FBI and its senior official's dealings with Simpson, Steele, Veselnitskaya, Misfud, Downer, Halper, et. al.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:00 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,646,760 times
He belongs in a mental institution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies