Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 06:16 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
It's called personal responsibility.

Anyone with an IQ over 60 knows meth and opioids are terrible for you. But if they make the choice to get hooked on them, that's their problem.

So you are pissed that trump told china to stop?

Anyone with an IQ over zero, understands that china perpetuates this problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 06:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Seems to me it was clear Trump was talking about Chinese.

Makes no sense for a street dealer to kill off his/ her customer base.
This is the problem with sussing out Trumps bigly words.

We have to make up fantasies about what he meant - when he meant absolutely nothing. Surely you've seen the Homer Simpson piece about deep thought???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eD0XcqhUXM

That's what Trump means...meow meow meow.

But since we have to put some words to it, we can try these.

The Don is going to go to China. That's #1. Then, he is personally going to find the chemists (thousands of them) that make this stuff. He will grab them by the scruff of the neck and hang them.

Personally. Or, he will ask Xi to do so in exchange for Xi buying a couple condos.

Does that sound like what he might be getting at?

Old 12-05-2018, 06:26 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Without personal attacks, anyone with any reason or logic knows you are completely wrong. The USA perpetuates the problem. Period.

China is already stopping most exporting of opiate analogs. How do I know this? Easy...hang around on the Reddit Boards where people who buy, sell and use them are. Most of the market has dried up for good. I'm sure there are ways around it, like sending some to Mexico or Canada and then shipping it here, but the main distributors - who are your fellow countrymen AMERICANS, have closed up shop.

Chuck. It's really simple. Dry up one source and other shows up. Do you really think America doesn't have chemistry majors that want to make millions?

Here is a little example for you....

1. Pot comes from Mexico. US clamps down a bit on border.
2. MORE pot comes from Columbia - US starts full-on drug war and sprays pot with poison.....
3. Pot comes from Thailand - better stuff too!
4. Pot starts being grown in bulk in the USA - everywhere. Amazing stuff.
5. Pot is now available cheaply and the best quality ever for the lowest prices ever.

Now, was Mexico the perp? Columbia? Thailand? No, the "market" is/was the perp. I didn't go into the fact that the cocaine and heroin and other stuff is directly a result of the drug wars....turns out when the government makes it harder to smuggle bales of weed, you can still get a couple pounds (or tons) of much more valuable powder through.

Ask yourself why Americans love drugs so much. Not just a few. Not just bad people or criminals. Tens of millions of lawyers, doctors, housewives and lots of other "normal" people. Why?

Old 12-05-2018, 06:50 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So you think the millions of parents and 10's of thousands of doctors that give adderall and ritalin to children have low IQs?? Or is it different when it has a label of good housekeeping on it?
Yep. Anyone who gives that crap to their kids is a bad parent.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:

Yep. Presidents have no business interfering in voluntary exchanges of goods, services, and the money to pay for them.

The only "problem" is people who are too weak and stupid to not do meth and other opioids.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Without personal attacks, anyone with any reason or logic knows you are completely wrong. The USA perpetuates the problem. Period.

China is already stopping most exporting of opiate analogs. How do I know this? Easy...hang around on the Reddit Boards where people who buy, sell and use them are. Most of the market has dried up for good. I'm sure there are ways around it, like sending some to Mexico or Canada and then shipping it here, but the main distributors - who are your fellow countrymen AMERICANS, have closed up shop.

Chuck. It's really simple. Dry up one source and other shows up. Do you really think America doesn't have chemistry majors that want to make millions?

Here is a little example for you....

1. Pot comes from Mexico. US clamps down a bit on border.
2. MORE pot comes from Columbia - US starts full-on drug war and sprays pot with poison.....
3. Pot comes from Thailand - better stuff too!
4. Pot starts being grown in bulk in the USA - everywhere. Amazing stuff.
5. Pot is now available cheaply and the best quality ever for the lowest prices ever.

Now, was Mexico the perp? Columbia? Thailand? No, the "market" is/was the perp. I didn't go into the fact that the cocaine and heroin and other stuff is directly a result of the drug wars....turns out when the government makes it harder to smuggle bales of weed, you can still get a couple pounds (or tons) of much more valuable powder through.

Ask yourself why Americans love drugs so much. Not just a few. Not just bad people or criminals. Tens of millions of lawyers, doctors, housewives and lots of other "normal" people. Why?
We agree!

Old 12-05-2018, 08:06 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Why just fentanyl and why just China?
China apparently is dragging its feet in investigating and shutting down Fentanyl factories.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:28 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:

oh yeah? any stupid head would know that trump is being played like a tuba

Old 12-05-2018, 11:02 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am a long time on again/ off again volunteer at a hospital detox/ treatment center. I have yet to meet an addict who intended to become addicted. Heck, many continue to claim they are not addicted and can control it, while wearing adult diapers in detox.

Heroin used to be not as addictive as it is today, given it was routinely cut with benign substances. Today’s supply tends to be purer and/ or cut with super synthetics. And it’s never been cheaper. Addiction can be immediate. Chasing the initial euphoria becomes more important than anything else.

If I had to find a common characteristic among addicts it is an ideology of a life without consequences and an ego that persists in the false perception they can control it.

When you talk to long time addicts, many say they can’t imagine a better way to die than with a needle in their arm.
That is completely wrong. I used dope for over 8 years, it has NEVER been as expensive as it is these past few years. When I stopped using 2 yrs ago, a gram was running around $150-$180.!!! That is more expensive than gold! its also more expensive than cocaine too.

Heroin used to be cheap back in the 70s and 80s, but its the prime drug right now, its hotter than cocaine ever was.

Most addicts use about 3-4 grams a day to avoid being sick.

Old 12-05-2018, 11:08 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
China apparently is dragging its feet in investigating and shutting down Fentanyl factories.
Why would they? Addicts will pay top dollar for Fentanyl!!

The US aint about to shut down such a cash cow, not now, or ever!

My advice to Trump, instead of the death penalty for Fentanyl dealers, why not charge DEA agents with aiding and abetting and collusion with criminal terrorist organizations? I think that would be more effective at slowing down the Fentanyl supply, Its the DEA who ensures drugs remain so profitable to the cartel and those who make these drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies