Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 08:51 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Hmmm. The modern version of Satanism was instigated by a Brit, Alastair Crowley. Apparently, the UK was just fine with him, since they recruited him to spy for them during WWI. So if you approve of governments that frown on Satanism, I think you can cross the UK off of your list. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley
Here we go you answered your own question. Christianity is the best and most peaceful religion and regime in the World where freedom of and from religion is granted. So any country, like the UK, that are officially Christian grant freedom of/from religion.

However, that satanic silly thing wouldn’t be allowed in any government institution like the one in Illinois. Also atheists/non-Christians cannot sue the government for only allowing Christian symbols without having to include any other religions.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:54 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Nobody asked for an official religion, nor pay religious clergies, or help fund any religious institutions.
I and many of us want a Constitution and government similar to those in other Western countries where this stupid, silly, childish and arrogant anti-Christian thing wouldn’t happen and even be allowed!
I am a Catholic, albeit a badly lapsed one.

I have had members of certain other churches accuse me of worshiping idols. I have also known Catholics who are utterly convinced that members of any other church are destined for hell. Wars have been fought over this. People - perhaps millions of them - have died. Are you okay with that?

Your ignorance of history is almost as appalling as your ignorance of theology. The establishment clause was created, at least in part, to keep Christians safe from each other. Before you go around preaching about how it should not protect people of other faiths, you might want to consider, just for a moment, that there are probably at least some people out there who call themselves "real" Christians, and you nothing but a heretic.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:57 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Here we go you answered your own question. Christianity is the best and most peaceful religion and regime in the World where freedom of and from religion is granted. So any country, like the UK, that are officially Christian grant freedom of/from religion.

However, that satanic silly thing wouldn’t be allowed in any government institution like the one in Illinois. Also atheists/non-Christians cannot sue the government for only allowing Christian symbols without having to include any other religions.
Satanism is freely allowed in the UK, just as it is here.

If that's OK with you, I fail to see what your problem is.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:57 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
I would prefer to live in an official Christian country of course, but not a must. I would be very happy living in a government like Canada, Western Europe’s, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc. all perfectly fine without any Establishment Clause.
And mostly, at least in practice, far more secular than the US.

Have you explored Malta yet?

Old 12-06-2018, 09:12 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,717,319 times
Imma just gonna post this link here, and see if the OP's head explodes when he realizes that Washington D.C. is crawling with pagan gods and symbols.....

https://www.nobeliefs.com/pagan.htm

Old 12-06-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Imma just gonna post this link here, and see if the OP's head explodes when he realizes that Washington D.C. is crawling with pagan gods and symbols.....

https://www.nobeliefs.com/pagan.htm
Those are historic figures and virtually unknown unless you basically tell people. Many people were pagans before Christianity, including my own people. No big deal.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:19 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
This is one of the big reason that I hate the Establishment Clause. It makes my blood boil!
Only in America does this basically happen...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ay-season.html
After Eve ate the apple (fruit) she was ashamed.

from the article
Quote:
The 'Snaketivity' display in Springfield is called 'Knowledge is the Greatest Gift' and shows a woman's arm holding an apple with a snake wrapped round it ...
<snip>
He explained that the arm represents Eve in the Garden of Eden.'
We see Satan as a hero in that story... spreading knowledge,'
Yep, he's hero alright.

With this playing out in the real world, it isn't nothing but a thing. It certainly isn't anything worthy enough to undo the Establishment Clause over. If nothing else it allows us all for, a teachable moment for everyone, about a time in history.

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Those are historic figures and virtually unknown unless you basically tell people. Many people were pagans before Christianity, including my own people. No big deal.
True, pagan symbols are not a big deal.

Neither are satanist symbols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I am a Catholic, albeit a badly lapsed one.

I have had members of certain other churches accuse me of worshiping idols. I have also known Catholics who are utterly convinced that members of any other church are destined for hell. Wars have been fought over this. People - perhaps millions of them - have died. Are you okay with that?

Your ignorance of history is almost as appalling as your ignorance of theology. The establishment clause was created, at least in part, to keep Christians safe from each other. Before you go around preaching about how it should not protect people of other faiths, you might want to consider, just for a moment, that there are probably at least some people out there who call themselves "real" Christians, and you nothing but a heretic.
One Jesus, One Bible. Catholics don’t worship idols - it’s symbolizes only.

Catholics, Protestant & Orthodox all Christians. Same bible, same God/Jesus.
Mormons and Jehovas Witnesses = cults. False so-called Christians.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Neither are satanist symbols.
Yes it is. Satanist symbols = anti-Christian/Jesus/God. Paganism existed before Abrahamic religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies