Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 02:21 PM

36,577 posts, read 30,921,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Housekeeping supervisors don’t vett employees.

The lack of vetting is a management problem.
How do you know who who fills out the paperwork, does the hiring and manages employees at that golf club?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 02:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
that is because liberal new jersey does not require e-verify..liberals have fought it tooth and nail
43 states do NOT require all employers to eVerify all employees. Of those that do, there are known loopholes, with exclusions for very small businesses, seasonal workers and independent contractors.

Most large scale US employers use eVerify, despite their state does NOT require them to do so.

My HOA is self- managed and is a direct employer of seasonal lifeguards in the summer. All are owners’ children. I processed 40 of these seasonal employee applications through eVerify in a matter of minutes. It was not a burden.

There is NO excuse for any employer to not use eVerify.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How do you know who who fills out the paperwork, does the hiring and manages employees at that golf club?
Trump Org is not a pa/ pa operation.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Have they forbidden the use of it? If not, then don't blame the liberals because the club made a choice not to use it.

The bottom line is, Trump needs to clean up his own house before he goes after everyone else.
43 states do NOT mandate the use of eVerify for all employees. Of the 7 who do, there are intentional loopholes for small employers, seasonal workers and/ or independent contractors.

Sooooo, let’s spend a $ bajillion to build the “ Trump Wall” while ignoring the elephant in the room- US employers employ millions of undocumented people.

The primary reason I voted for Trump is that I think it a good idea for one party to hold all the cards, from time to time. Does not matter to me which party because I don’t see much difference.

E-Verify could have been made a Federal Law- no exceptions without a single Democrat vote at any point in 2017- 2018. Trump could have used his bully pulpit and insisted it be a priority. That’s not what happened.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 12-06-2018 at 03:00 PM..

Old 12-06-2018, 02:52 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/u...d-workers.html

I hope they don't deport her now. Or the other undocumented workers there. But why didn't he hire "real Americans"?

First off there is no such thing as an undocumented worker. They are illegal aliens. I read the entire article and it absolves Trump himself of any guilt. This woman used phony documents to gain employment on the Trump properties. Rich people don't hire manual workers themselves they have others do it for them and he had strict guild lines about hiring legal workers. Yes, Trump had workers that were here on visas but that's not against the law. I'm sure that he also had Americans working for him.

Funny how this woman decided to speel her story and I'm sure she was paid more for that than to try and keep her job working for the Trump corporation especially since he came out with even stricter rules in regards to hiring practices. She knew she was going to get caught eventually and now she's decided to cash in on it by telling her story. This was just another attempt by the left to bash Trump.

Note how she repeated the leftist lies that Trump called all Mexicans and Latinos criminals, rapists and murderers? She didn't even have the honesty to admit that he was speaking only of the illegal kind and he didn't say they were all that way. What a trumped up story and no pun intended.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:14 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
43 states do NOT mandate the use of eVerify for all employees. Of the 7 who do, there are intentional loopholes for small employers, seasonal workers and/ or independent contractors.

Sooooo, let’s spend a $ bajillion to build the “ Trump Wall” while ignoring the elephant in the room- US employers employ millions of undocumented people.

The primary reason I voted for Trump is that I think it a good idea for one party to hold all the cards, from time to time. Does not matter to me which party because I don’t see much difference.

E-Verify could have been made a Federal Law- no exceptions without a single Democrat vote at any point in 2017- 2018. Trump could have used his bully pulpit and insisted it be a priority. That’s not what happened.

No, it could not have been made a federal law without some support from the Democrats. They are the ones who blocked it in the past. Trump has e-verify in his 2019 budget let's see if they block it again. The wall is still necessary as not all illegals are coming here to work. It's a matter of national security.

https://amac.us/dems-block-gop-bills...al-immigrants/

Old 12-06-2018, 03:27 PM

4,259 posts, read 3,182,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
But...but....criminals and rapists!! Even some middle-easterners mixed in! Very bad people!!
Having personally had some run ins with illegals that resulted in significant injury and near death to my wife and several family members, yes "some" of them are criminals!

Old 12-06-2018, 03:41 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
Quote:

Congress could have also passed a law with substantive penalties for employing those without the proper paperwork.

They did not.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:58 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,979,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
From your article, she lied about having papers...
Per the article: "An employee of the golf course drives her and a group of other women to and from work every day because they know they can't legally obtain drivers' licenses." The President also said he used e-verify and that's obviously false as well.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:59 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
If it's true, then it means the woman is a liar.

What part of "illegal" do they not get?

Of course the article comes from the Mexican & Soros owned blog called the NYT. We already know they lie on a daily basis.

MSM Is Getting Weirder, More Frantic, And More Desperate By The Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies