Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 01:53 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Sometimes I wonder if BentBow is actually Alex Jones himself.
Mind. Blown. LMAO!

One of my favorite things about our friend BentBow is that so many of his/her new threads include links to these obscure, weird sounding websites that most of us probably don't feel comfortable clicking on while at work LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 02:02 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The beginning was hard to listen to, so I had to fast-forward a bit until he was actually talking to the cop.

He made a good argument. But I don't think he can win the fight.

It is amazing how quickly the left goes from wanting the internet to be neutral, and wanting government to stop private-companies from discriminating... To Google and Facebook should be able to do whatever they want since they're private-businesses.

I would say that I'm surprised, but I'm not. Everyone is a hypocrite and a liar.
Generally I think most private business should be free to set their own policies without government interference.
That includes things such as prohibiting firearms, which I wouldn't like, but it is within their rights.
However, when we are talking about communication platforms that have become one of the major ways to communicate, get your news/information, and search for relevant material, everyone needs access and even handedness.

Old school liberals use to believe in freedom of thought/speech/expression and extoled the virtues of Voltaire. It was something they and conservatives had in common for the most part. Now they have decided to my PC their new alter to worship.
Just listen to how Obama in his own words would like to see a curative authority deciding what is real news (thereby having easy access to it) vs. fake news (prohibited or difficult to find);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR5ZhYjjWEg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies