Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 10:25 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
It has been 72 hours hasn’t it since some of the members of the migrant caravan demanded $50,000 for each migrant for reparations and blackmail to return home? Apparently their demand is being ignored so what is their next move?
To kick the dirt. (i'm intellectually tapped out at the moment)
PS: It was one man with an agenda ... so, he kicked the dirt.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 12-15-2018 at 10:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 10:39 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
People are giving the media --- too much power. The only way to effect change or to make change effective, is to tell the truth. If ... the media is being lied to and they report that lie ... they were but the median, used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The media investigated Nixon and were responsible for bringing him down. So stop parroting Trump with his condemning the press. And yeah they have an agenda.....to get to the truth
If you know anything about me, you'll realize I'm not here to bash the media. My actual focus is on what I call "the elites". Who I believe are the ones who fundamentally control every government.

In China, the elites have power. In Russia, the elites have power. In France, the elites have power. In Germany, the elites have power. And in America, the elites have power.

So who are the elites? What power do they have? And how do they control the country?

In simplest-terms, the elites are just the rich. The people who, either because of their money or their position, have a significantly-outsized influence on everyone else. They use their ability to influence to control public-policy. But to control public-policy, they need to control public-opinion.

When someone gives money to a politician, all they are really doing is giving it to a media company. Because almost all of the money is spent on advertising.

Billions of dollars are spent every presidential election by businesses who want to control public-opinion. Because if they can control public-opinion, they can control public-policy.

I think both of you would agree with everything up to this point. You just refuse to take the next logical step. That if businesses are willing to spend billions to win elections, and if the media are themselves businesses, why wouldn't the media have an agenda? And why wouldn't other interests be trying to control them?

While I may appear to be vilifying the media. All I'm really trying to explain is, almost all of the information people see and hear comes from the media, and the media has far more power than any other institution in the country. The media could start a Civil-War tomorrow if they wanted to. And if the media is united against you, you lose. But who are the media? What do they want?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 12-15-2018 at 11:21 PM..

Old 12-15-2018, 11:14 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
You like video clips I have one for you:
It is always hard for me to watch journalists sniffing their own farts.

Every journalist imagines that they exposing the truth and providing the people with the facts. They imagine themselves angelic creatures, completely unbiased, in their quest to speak truth to power.

But are they?

The woman really annoyed me at first, with her BS claim that "fake-news" means "whatever power doesn't like". The term wasn't invented by Trump, and it has been, and is used by everyone, including the media. Plus the reference to Khashoggi which basically implies that he and others were killed because people like Trump were calling the press fake news. Khashoggi being killed had absolutely nothing to do with fake news.

But overall the discussion was better than I thought. The beginning was hard to listen to. Everything after Sean Spicer started talking was interesting, although he rambled on and on at times. And the women seemed more reasonable later on.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 12-15-2018 at 11:23 PM..

Old 12-16-2018, 12:40 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,836 times
I am way behind. What about the original caravan? The one before the last one. I believe about 8 months ago. Same story but a small group, I think it peaked at 500.

Too much crazy stuff going on, can’t keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies