Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 07:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Sorry, but you're wrong. Racism made a comeback under Obama.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...trayvon-martin
You're right, it did. Once a black man was elected President, the racists and white nationalists were mobilized to action.

Now under Trump, the dogwhistle is gone, and the bullhorn is in use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 07:13 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,404,147 times
I guess he forgot the fact that many parts of American history were also established on the backs of slaves. So, no, it was "White people did all that". It was a parasitic collaboration of sorts.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I don't care what someone's skin color is. NOBODY should be ashamed of their skin color. Someone isn't racist just because they refuse to be ashamed of their outer wrapping.

The Nazi did it to the Jews. They shamed them first, then they slaughtered them by the millions.

Demonizing whites because of the past actions of white people is sick. Blacks didn't like it when it was done to them. Don't do the same to whites.

Humans find a way to unperson someone, so it justifies their killing to society.
It has happened for many millenniums

Old 12-15-2018, 02:43 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You're right, it did. Once a black man was elected President, the racists and white nationalists were mobilized to action.

A conflict with reality here. You have to explain Republican support for people like Herman Cain, Ben Carson, Alan Keyes, etc. I'm old enough to remember Republicans going nuts over just the talk of Colin Powell running for president in the 90s.

Old 12-15-2018, 03:28 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Under Obama, all opposition was deemed, "racist." It was an easy, lazy tactic straight out of Rules for Radicals.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:04 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Under Obama, all opposition was deemed, "racist." It was an easy, lazy tactic straight out of Rules for Radicals.
Problem with reality here: That never happened.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:43 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
A conflict with reality here. You have to explain Republican support for people like Herman Cain, Ben Carson, Alan Keyes, etc. I'm old enough to remember Republicans going nuts over just the talk of Colin Powell running for president in the 90s.
I am white, independent and I was so disappointed when Powell said he would not run. Condie too. I was not stupid enough to vote for Obummer though.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:46 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,172,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
So, if you're a white guy and you don't hate yourself, you're a racist?

now you got it! lol

Old 12-15-2018, 05:12 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,340,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
now you got it! lol
That's just what white people with low self-esteem think.

Old 12-15-2018, 05:52 PM

2,448 posts, read 895,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm confused... these people were protesting Trump being a sexually-assaulting jerk, so this white guy (who has a book to sell, btw) decides to approach them, yell at them about how awesome white folks are and how white people pretty much built all the good stuff in the western world (which, no... they didn't, not by a damned sight) and it's the "SJW libruls" who are somehow to blame for him screeching on a video?

LOL.

Get outta here with that mess. He's a whiner. I mean, he is entitled to his own opinion, but if you step to any group of people, especially minority students whose ancestors likely BUILT THE STUFF HE IS TALKING ABOUT WITH THEIR OWN HANDS.... ???

Expect some blowback.

He's playing you... he wants controversy. Controversy sells books.

Controversy gets you on TV.

He's not stupid, not at all. He's just another Milo, but (presumably) heterosexual.
It's a pity we can't get this same reaction consistently from folks like you with regards to the privileged brats on the other side, as well.

It would be interesting to debate the point he made and you dismiss in your first paragraph, though that would be "off-topic" and thus unacceptable here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies