Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 05:40 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
The concept of being someone's savior is very compelling to some. I believe it's the result of a need to feel special. We all need that, of course, but some folks need a lot more validation from the unattainable to experience it. It's a more extreme version of the woman who believes that the serial adulterer with whom she is cheating will somehow be faithful to her, just as soon as he leaves his wife.

Side note: Come on, TWIS, what's up with you buying into the "cat lady" stereotype? It's tired and needs to be put to bed.
I think in addition to what you've said, there's a component of self doubt or low self esteem. My mom is one of these women who feels like she's going to save her man. It makes me sick to my stomach, and at the same time it's heartbreaking. I love her, but can't accept some of the choices she's made (and is making). It makes maintaining a relationship with her one of the hardest things I've experienced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 05:45 PM

447 posts, read 208,760 times
I think these women should be put in a cell with him and see what they think of his strangling skills.

Old 03-08-2019, 05:49 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,898,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
This is nothing new & it’s not news worthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Loneliness plays a part, plus a sense of perhaps the woman can "help" him, she is also in control of the relationship. Many prisoners are receiving letters and money from multiple women as well. A prison visiting room is quite a collection of all types of people. Quite a sad sight too.
LMAO, I can see this! Sounds like a nice place to people watch.

Old 03-08-2019, 05:52 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,898,677 times
[quote=BobbyBratty;54631275]I think these women should be put in a cell with him and see what they think of his strangling skills.[/QUOTE I agree he's definitely a pro at that it seems!

Old 03-08-2019, 11:17 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There was a hidden camera report, men would actually stop and help attractive women commit crimes. I think the women were pretending to steal bikes and asking the men to help them and they would. Also, if an unattractive woman appeared to be in distress barely any men would pay attention enough to stop.
Yes, Ive seen something similar to what are describing, I believe the scenario, they were using was...they had a very attractive gal, maybe 23-25 yrs old, attempting to steal a nice sports car, nearly every man that stopped to help her, followed thru and helped her commit a crime, it was only like 1 guy that walked away, and it even took him awhile to do so, he kept coming back, and leaving.

I dont think anyone is surprised by a study like this though.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:32 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,500 times
Not surprised at all. Low self esteem and it’s all pathetic. These women apparently are turned on by the fact that he murdered his own babies. When I think of the terror these little girls went through the last minutes of their lives it makes me sick.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:38 PM

6,348 posts, read 2,901,596 times
Quote:
Hybristophilia is a paraphilia in which sexual arousal, facilitation, and attainment of orgasm are responsive to and contingent upon being with a partner known to have committed an outrage, cheating, lying, known infidelities, or crime—such as rape, murder, or armed robbery.
wki

I worked in a psych hospital once and noticed that the guys who killed people never had any problems getting women.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:46 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,782 times
Meanwhile nice guys who are law abiding and good hearted human beings in the free world...cant get dates. Lot of sick women out there.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Meanwhile nice guys who are law abiding and good hearted human beings in the free world...cant get dates. Lot of sick women out there.
Thats just the way women are.

Its like the old saying, that the 'nice guy' will always be in the friend zone, while the total jerk, who treats her like dirt, cheats on her, even hits her, will win her heart everytime!

Old 03-09-2019, 12:31 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats just the way women are.

Its like the old saying, that the 'nice guy' will always be in the friend zone, while the total jerk, who treats her like dirt, cheats on her, even hits her, will win her heart everytime!
Yea its pretty sad. Nice guys definitely finish last. This monster is a baby killer..and women are throwing themselves at him. Wow..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies