Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 07:19 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,099 times

Advertisements

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...fer-ncna942496

As usual I was right....

An article about a Jewish girl complaining that Christmas is being everywhere in their face once they walk outside the door. I guess she doesn’t realize that Christmas is a national holiday celebrated by over 90% of Americans. Of course she wanted to challenge the holiday too by complaining to local newspapers and officials saying that Christmas is unconstitutional (obviously it isn’t). No shock.

Diversity is so great that minorities think they are perfectly fine by insulting and attacking the majority

Reading the article makes my blood boil!

Old 12-17-2018, 07:23 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
yuletide clickbait from nbc, gettin in on some of that outrage market. Free press for ya.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:28 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Nothing is being enforced and saltine is right. It's true concerning a large segment of "news".

Old 12-17-2018, 07:30 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post

As usual I was right....

An article about a Jewish girl complaining that Christmas is being everywhere in their face once they walk outside the door. I guess she doesn’t realize that Christmas is a national holiday celebrated by over 90% of Americans. Of course she wanted to challenge the holiday too by complaining to local newspapers and officials saying that Christmas is unconstitutional (obviously it isn’t). No shock.

Diversity is so great that minorities think they are perfectly fine by insulting and attacking the majority

...it's one Jewish lady. Not Jews. And...so what? It's one person's opinion. Just say I don't agree and go celebrate Christmas up the wazoo yourself.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:31 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
This is NBC hating on Christmas. Only the crooked USA MSM would turn a holiday into a hateful event.

And the author of that opinion piece is attempting to make Jews the victims of the holiday. It's as reprehensible as it gets. NBC ought to be ashamed, but they are nothing now but the broadcast version of CNN.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:25 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:

As usual I was right....

Right about what?

Why would the author’s opinion make your blood boil?

The first Christian settlers’ banned merrymaking and public acknowledgement of Christmas. Waves of subsequent immigrants from all over Europe brought their own cultural traditions and refused to assimilate. Imagine that.

Took 230 years before Christmas became a Federal holiday for Federal employees and did so as a nod to the growing commercial opportunities of Christmas, not religion.

The Thanksgiving holiday was changed to create a longer gap between holidays to create more opportunity to buy gifts.

There are more than 40,000 brands of Christianity in the US.

Millions of Christians in the US do not celebrate Christmas, no different than the original settlers. They view it as pagan rituals which, when you get down to it, are the source for most Christmas traditions.

Millions more Christians do not celebrate on 12/25 because their brand of Christianity continues to rely on the Julian calendar.

Less than half of the people who identify as Christian go to church 12/24-25. Even fewer have anything resembling a nativity scene inside or outside their residence.

Not sure what a 12 foot inflatable Santa on the front lawn has to do with anything.

After the umbrella of Christianity diversity in the US, the next largest segment do not identify with any religion, followed by Judaism and then Islam.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 12-17-2018 at 08:35 PM..

Old 12-17-2018, 08:36 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
I guess she doesn't see Christmas as kosher.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:46 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:

As usual I was right....

Ridiculous. Most of our friends are Jewish and they are nothing like this girl. They don't care. They love the decorations and all the sales. Our Jewish neighbors have the star of David and other lights on their house.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:48 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,307 times
Capitalism is everywhere, like Christianity, but I can see them both dying.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:54 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Good job. You managed to take a crap article and somehow spin yourself into an attack on white Christains. Racism and bigotry resides within you.
Sure..whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies