Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 05:24 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

There is not going to be a wall even if Mexico would pay which they won't. Suck it up and accept that. We are living in the last week of complete Republican control of government for a generation or more, if ever. Dems will fund border security but not 4th century approaches when we are a technologically advanced country in the 21st century. Even presidential mouthpiece, Giuliani has said that he could offer Trump a better system at less cost. (He moonlights as owner of a security firm). A wall would be nothing but a monument to the stupidity of Trump and the misplaced allegiance of his followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 06:10 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You can't charge taxes on money being wired.
But they can charge a fee.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:19 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There is not going to be a wall even if Mexico would pay which they won't. Suck it up and accept that. We are living in the last week of complete Republican control of government for a generation or more, if ever. Dems will fund border security but not 4th century approaches when we are a technologically advanced country in the 21st century. Even presidential mouthpiece, Giuliani has said that he could offer Trump a better system at less cost. (He moonlights as owner of a security firm). A wall would be nothing but a monument to the stupidity of Trump and the misplaced allegiance of his followers.

That's right. I would like to add something that you probably would not agree with. The wall will just be a monument and people will continue to cross it. Let's say "Dems" invest the same amount of money in the best technology and security, it would not make a difference in the amount of illegal immigrants. It makes no difference if billions of dollars are given to construction companies or technology companies. (choose your bias). The fact will remain that caught immigrants will continue to be let in because it makes economic sense to big companies. After all that is what matters in modern life, who can make an extra buck.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:52 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
But they can charge a fee.
And people will just send their money an alternative way.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-23-2018, 07:49 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
That's right. I would like to add something that you probably would not agree with. The wall will just be a monument and people will continue to cross it. Let's say "Dems" invest the same amount of money in the best technology and security, it would not make a difference in the amount of illegal immigrants. It makes no difference if billions of dollars are given to construction companies or technology companies. (choose your bias). The fact will remain that caught immigrants will continue to be let in because it makes economic sense to big companies. After all that is what matters in modern life, who can make an extra buck.

They can't continue to cross if there is a good physical barrier in front of them at least most or many won't be able to and that's the point! Unless these business owners go right down to the border and figure out a way to drag them over a double wall while Border Patrol looks on then you make no sense at all. These good walls have already proven to work. I have posted many links proving it and even the Border Patrol and Homeland Security agree that they do.

We tried high tech BS before and they failed so we scrapped it and it ended up costing us a lot for those little experiments.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:03 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
We need to close the Central American asylum loophole. The majority of asylum claims are bogus. They know it before they apply, we know it, you know it.

The reason the left supports keeping this broken system is because they want open borders & illegal immigration. Central Americans show up, apply for asylum, have to be released into the US unmonitored until their bogus cases are processed and then, those with no actual claim disappear into our landscape, never to be seen again, until they commit a heinous crime or line up for amnesty.

The new system Trump has devised actually solves the problenm, rather than kicking the can down the road. Now all Central American asylum seekers will be stopped at the Mexican border, where they will file their asylum claims and wait there until they're processed. No serious person can argue this is not a better process for the United States or the American taxpayer.

Now that we're eliminating the unmonitored access to wait out their cases in the US, we will see the bogus asylum applications plummet.
Always nice to read posts that reflect common sense and the truth instead of all this defending of illegal aliens and bogus asylum seekers in here and making every excuse in the book why we can't fix both of those problems (if they even want to). I get the feeling that most of them have a personal agenda and it's not in the best interests of our country and its citizens. Reading their posts really saddens me that we actually have people living in our country with their attitudes. I fought in Viet Nam for our country and sometimes I wonder why when I read their posts. I am grateful for patriots such as yourself in here though. Helps to keep some balance and keeps me fighting for what is right for our country in spite of them.

Old 12-24-2018, 01:14 AM

3,842 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Always nice to read posts that reflect common sense and the truth instead of all this defending of illegal aliens and bogus asylum seekers in here and making every excuse in the book why we can't fix both of those problems (if they even want to). I get the feeling that most of them have a personal agenda and it's not in the best interests of our country and its citizens. Reading their posts really saddens me that we actually have people living in our country with their attitudes. I fought in Viet Nam for our country and sometimes I wonder why when I read their posts. I am grateful for patriots such as yourself in here though. Helps to keep some balance and keeps me fighting for what is right for our country in spite of them.
A lot of good points mentioned by the OP and in your post. There is way too much leniency concerning illegals. Thank you for your service OldGlory.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:23 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Can't never can. Won't never will. Simplistic, but truths.

Oh! It will never work. Of course not, if one does not try, then one never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And people will just send their money an alternative way.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:28 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Businesses do not wire money from Walmart, the local convenience store. It’s those transactions that need taxation.
Why? USD leaving the U.S. do not benefit the U.S. economy.

Very simply, money in this case USD, and how fast it passes through your hands, determines the gross domestic product (GDP) of an economy.
Roughly $300 Billion leaves the US every year, going directly to the drug cartels, their drugs come in and our money goes out.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Ways for Mexico and Central America pay for the wall

Well, the 24 billion a year put back into the US economy, for you and I to play with. From the loss Mexico would have with just the Western Union transfers into Mexico disappearing.
Not to mention the loss of 450 billion in free medical, the border states provide for Mexicans and Central Americans a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies