Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 04:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,149,135 times

Advertisements

Okay, I'm being facetious ... but it's so important to him, and he's so rich, and he wants support, he should offer a matching grant, and tell Congress he'll pay for half.

As if.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 04:59 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,506,182 times
I'll be facetious too...

Using your logic, OP, why don't those who oppose the wall personally house and pay for all of the illegal immigrants coming over the border?

As if.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:02 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,152,415 times
****....I'll be facetious....also...

Crap...sorry.............truth....

Quote:
For example, when we installed a border wall in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:05 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,094,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Okay, I'm being facetious ... but it's so important to him, and he's so rich, and he wants support, he should offer a matching grant, and tell Congress he'll pay for half.

As if.

I'd be totally okay with that. Just like I'd be okay with Trump voters supporting the gofundme to fund their own wall if they want it so badly.

Just don't use $5B of taxpayer money for a wall that Trump promised Mexico would pay for. Unless Trump wants to admit he's broken his promise and didn't deliver to his voters. I'd be okay with supporting the wall if Trump takes the blame for Mexico not paying for it and having to use taxpayer funds.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:09 PM

2,486 posts, read 826,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I'll be facetious too...

Using your logic, OP, why don't those who oppose the wall personally house and pay for all of the illegal immigrants coming over the border?

As if.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
****....I'll be facetious....also...

For example, when we installed a border wall in the Yuma Sector, we have seen border apprehensions decrease by 90 percent.
Crap...sorry.............truth....
Yep, I was going to say that is a fact and not facetious whatsoever.

Walls do work, except to those who don't want the wall because it works.

I'm going the other route and being honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I'd be totally okay with that. Just like I'd be okay with Trump voters supporting the gofundme to fund their own wall if they want it so badly.

Once we build the wall we should continue to tax you as if it were not built. YOU will end up paying for the wall one way or the other.

BTW, I dropped a Jackson on the go fund me gig. I believe it's up to almost $18M in just a week. Almost 300,000 like me makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and patriotic. The same as that warm and fuzzy feeling you get by supporting illegals with our (other peoples) money.

The irony is that you are outraged over $5B to try and fix the problem, while not saying a damn word about the hundreds of billions spent on the problem itself.

It's a dumb and dumber argument.

Last edited by Originalist; 12-26-2018 at 06:07 PM..

Old 12-26-2018, 05:09 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Quote:

Just don't use $5B of taxpayer money for a wall that Trump promised Mexico would pay for. Unless Trump wants to admit he's broken his promise and didn't deliver to his voters. I'd be okay with supporting the wall if Trump takes the blame for Mexico not paying for it and having to use taxpayer funds.

So, we just gave $10 of taxpayer money to to help mexico..

And you are mad, why?

Old 12-26-2018, 05:12 PM

63,011 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:

No promise is broken unless it is never fulfilled. I'd be ok paying for the wall while you anti-wall, Trump haters can pick up the tab for the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us. Deal? Thought not!

Did you tell congress back in 2006 that is wasn't fair for the taxpayer to fund it as there was no other plan on the table for Mexico or anyone is to pay for it? After all it was their wall, not Trump's. Thought not!

Hypocricy rules with you people.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:13 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,149,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I'll be facetious too...

Using your logic, OP, why don't those who oppose the wall personally house and pay for all of the illegal immigrants coming over the border? As if.
You're blinding barking up the wrong tree. Most people who oppose the wall - including me - don't want illegal immigrants. We just don't want to waste money on something stupid, don't want to have our fundamental image tarnished, and don't want to have a president whipping people into hysterics for a non-issue.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:11 PM

2,486 posts, read 826,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
You're blinding barking up the wrong tree. Most people who oppose the wall - including me - don't want illegal immigrants. We just don't want to waste money on something stupid, don't want to have our fundamental image tarnished, and don't want to have a president whipping people into hysterics for a non-issue.
You are being patently disingenuous.

If people are serious about a true problem they will try anything to solve it.

What you're saying is that if you have cancer you will not try treatment A because you don't believe it will work.

Sorry, if you cared about solving the problem you'd want to try everything! You couldn't care any less and it's obvious.

It's a fake meme of actually pretending to care that progs have always used to get their way little by little. What's wrong with a lie? The ends justify the means, bla bla bla.

There are so many smart responders in this thread that I've burnt all my reps!

The four of you (so far) are awesome!

Old 12-26-2018, 06:13 PM

30,282 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:

Great! We are in agreement! And let's also not use taxpayer money to support the illegals who come over here for their handouts. Win-win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies