Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2018, 12:29 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,308,171 times

Advertisements

only because you cannot vote in a Primary unless you are a Rep or a Dem. Actually, I am a Ridl (Republican-Independent-Democrat-Libertarian), depending on the issue. I just can't blindly agree with all the policies of the various parties. Most issues are just not black or white, like different shades of gray. I really try to stay away from color. Don't want to be a racist, because now they are way worse than murderers, rapists, arsonists, pedophiles, you get the picture. Let me know what you are:

1. Republican
  2. Democrat
  3. Libertarian
  4. Independant
  5. Other (list and explain)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 12:31 PM

17,014 posts, read 12,610,157 times
Few people fit into either party anymore.

Social Darwinist
vs
Social Justice Warrior Freak

Old 12-28-2018, 12:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
only because you cannot vote in a Primary unless you are a Rep or a Dem. Actually, I am a Ridl (Republican-Independent-Democrat-Libertarian), depending on the issue. I just can't blindly agree with all the policies of the various parties. Most issues are just not black or white, like different shades of gray. I really try to stay away from color. Don't want to be a racist, because now they are way worse than murderers, rapists, arsonists, pedophiles, you get the picture. Let me know what you are:

1. Republican
  2. Democrat
  3. Libertarian
  4. Independant
I think many people are/were Republican-Independent-Democrat-Libertarian. Since progressives seem to have taken over the Dem party I've dropped them for now, I've dropped Democrats late first term Obama. I'm a Republican-Independent-Libertarian

Old 12-28-2018, 12:44 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,119,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I think many people are/were Republican-Independent-Democrat-Libertarian. Since progressives seem to have taken over the Dem party I've dropped them for now, I've dropped Democrats late first term Obama. I'm a Republican-Independent-Libertarian
Lol... it always cracks me up that Republicans claim their issue with Democrats is all the SJW in the party.

All that tells us is that in the grand scheme of things, people who care that people aren't discriminated against are WORSE than racists, people who are against the working class, electioneer-ers, and people who adamantly hate the LGBT communities.

Where TF are your priorities? Turn the country over to Trumps of the world b/c little Suzy wants to use the men's room.

Old 12-28-2018, 12:54 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,284,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... it always cracks me up that Republicans claim their issue with Democrats is all the SJW in the party.

All that tells us is that in the grand scheme of things, people who care that people aren't discriminated against are WORSE than racists, people who are against the working class, electioneer-ers, and people who adamantly hate the LGBT communities.

Where TF are your priorities? Turn the country over to Trumps of the world b/c little Suzy wants to use the men's room.
Pretty sure Jesus was a SJW. Where have all the Christians gone?

Old 12-28-2018, 01:28 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,706,346 times
I am definitely an "5 other." I am the founding member of the Pajama Party.*

I don't think along party lines for either of the two major parties. Libertarian comes closest to how I think as I tend to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal, but even then I don't agree with all their ideas either (I think some of their ideas are too extreme, for example, open boarders and no regulations at all).

If the Republicans gave up the whole "family values" "religious right" aspect of the party, I would probably be a clear Republican. And I say that as a weekly church-going, try to live a Christian life, person. I think religion is a private matter and has no place in government or in the laws government sets. Government (and politics) should be completely secular.

But in the end, I vote for the person. I've voted for Democrats, Republicans, and Independents alike (never voted for any of the Libertarians).

I research the people running, look at who they and what they believe, who is closest to how I think things should be done, and then decide who I think would be best for the job and vote. I am never 100% in agreement with any of them, but I pick the one I think will be best. I don't care what letter they have after their name on the ballot. * And this is where the PJs come in for the "Pajama Party". I usually do this research in the mornings, while drinking coffee and haven't gotten dressed for the day yet.

Old 12-28-2018, 01:28 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,202,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post

1. Republican
  2. Democrat
  3. Libertarian
  4. Independant
Almost no one blindly agrees with the policies of a party. Well Trumpters.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:37 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,319,171 times
Used to vote 50/50 Democrat and Republicans in the 90’s into the mid 2000’s. Now it’s close to 80-85% Republican. I only usually vote Democrat unless I want gridlock in DC. A single party holding a majority in either chamber for an long period of time isn’t favorable for me. It keeps everyone in check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies