Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 06:12 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"You can keep your doctor". "Your premiums won't go up". Oh, the lies, the lies.

Have you now joined the "Parrot Club" in here to?

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf
The vast majority of people did keep their doctor.

Trump promised something he could not deliver on at all apparently. Not a peso has Mexico contributed. Not one. That's a big league lie. It would be like nobody kept their doctor. Not one.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:13 PM

63,004 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Pot... meet kettle. You are spending your whole life here repeating the same things over and over to people you will NEVER convince. Are you getting paid for this? I'm retired, I could use some extra moolah.

Yeah, but that's only after they start their repetitious nonsense first or haven't you noticed? You never know when repeating the truth and facts long enough when some people may just see the light and that's my goal. I take it as being my civic duty for the country that I love to call out people who are destroying our country and shining a light on them.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Back then, congress didn't promise Mexico would pay for the wall.

Tell your leader Trump to make Mexico pay for the wall like he promised. Either that or admit that he and you guys are liars.

But you didn't have a problem with the taxpayer funding it back then and that's my point! It's hypocritical to complain if the taxpayer may have to pay for it today.

It's not a lie! Many presidents can't keep promises they make but have at least tried to. Were they liars also like Obama saying we can keep our doctors and that our premiums would go down but the opposite happened? Did you call him a liar? Why the double standard now?

You can't seriously state that you missed the link that I posted several times in here denoting what Trump's plan is, can you? Well here it is again.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Such outright BS and lies! You should be ashamed of yourself! Welcome to my ignore list.

How scary. Your ignore list! You have been on mine for quite some time because you continually spew falsehoods when it comes to the wall and illegal immigrants. Leftists/Democrats don't want open borders. They do want border security. They also want Trump to fulfill his promise of getting Mexico to pay for the wall but you rail against that as well.

In just over two years after Trump has been voted out of office most of the country will be laughing about the concept of getting a wall built.

Now, deflect away.

Then why are you replying to me if I'm on your ignore list? Not one thing I have stated is false as I have always included links.

Now who's lying? I never railed against Trump getting Mexico to pay for the wall. WTH are you talking about? Reading comprehension problem? What I have said is that even if Mexico doesn't pay for it, it is well needed, effective and much less costly than illegal immigration. On the other hand, I have also said if Trump can get Mexico to pay for it then more power to him and I've included a link how he plans to do it. If you think that the wall is a laughing matter then I guess you laughed at congress which included Schumer who approved the wall back in 2006, right?

I have also provided many links proving that the good walls work along with the Border Patrol and Homeland Security saying we need them. Do you know better than them?

Now, kindly put me back on your ignore list. I'm proud to be on it.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:32 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,118,708 times
Quote:
But you didn't have a problem with the taxpayer funding it back then and that's my point! It's hypocritical to complain if the taxpayer may have to pay for it today.

It's not a lie! Many presidents can't keep promises they make but have at least tried to. Were they liars also like Obama saying we can keep our doctors and that our premiums would go down but the opposite happened? Did you call him a liar? Why the double standard now?

You can't seriously state that you missed the link that I posted several times in here denoting what Trump's plan is, can you? Well here it is again.

If he can't keep this promise, then he should say so. In the mean time, let Mexico pay for the wall. We will take it in either USD or Peso from the Mexican government.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Obama owned this one.

Let's see a video of your Trump apologizing for the Mexico thing. If not, we want Mexoco to pay for the wall, not my tax dollars.

Did you demand that congress not make the taxpayer fund the wall back in 2006? I guess you missed this link that I posted a hundred times in here?

Old 12-28-2018, 06:40 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,475,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Negotiations 101.

Sheeze, I even knew in junior high that if I wanted $5 from my dad, to ask for $10 - and to totally justify that request. Eventually I'd get my $5 and everyone felt like they'd won.
Sheesh! Clearly some don’t understand that the ‘WALL ball’ is in the Democratic/opposing legislators’ court and they can COUNTER, with, oh say, $2B or $1B, or... NADA!

Old 12-28-2018, 06:45 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,475,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Exactly! I think he just wants a wall so he can have his name on it in gold letters.
Ding ding ding! Don’t laugh at your perspicacity. Everyone jokes about this, but it is right on the money. It still surprises me that no one has traced his interest in building a wall. I picked up on it years ago. He said something in an interview, and I immediately saw what was up. I wish I could find the reference, but if one would take a bit of time to ponder it, it will become patently clear...

Old 12-28-2018, 06:46 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Sheesh! Clearly some don’t understand that the ‘WALL ball’ is in the Democratic/opposing legislators’ court and they can COUNTER, with, oh say, $2B or $1B, or... NADA!
They can not approve anything, they can not even propose legislation. It is entirely up to the GOP House and GOP Senate leadership to offer something that can get the required votes. I'm sure they know just what it would take but they have not put it to a vote. They are not trying. Word has it they are not even in town. Come Jan 3, we will see where this goes. Until then, Dems have no more power to do anything than you or me sitting here in front of our phones and computers.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:49 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Sheeze and you're right - my dad didn't ever have to give me a dime either.

Meanwhile, the government shutdown continues. Yawn.

Something or someone is going to give. Should be interesting to watch. I'll make popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies