Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2020, 11:39 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times

Advertisements

And there's more (LOL)
And it involves a slimy deal with the Chinese businessman no less.
This just gets better and better.
Tooooooooo funny!

"FBI Now Probing $300 Million Media Company Deal Linked To Steve Bannon: Report

Steve Bannon’s fraud indictment linked to fundraising for Donald Trump’s U.S.-Mexico border wall isn’t his only legal headache. The Wall Street Journal reports that the FBI and Securities and Exchange Commission are also investigating a $300 million investment offering for a planned media company tied to Bannon and fugitive Chinese businessman Guo Wengui...."

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/steve...003518499.html

Ken

Old 08-21-2020, 12:29 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Indeed they are. ALL Trump supporters - but especially the most hardcore ones - are really pretty dumb.

i wouldn't say dumb, in fact i think some are very intelligent, but i do see a high level of cognitive dissonance going on. once again, i believe this is the reason trump built his base from the birthers ( at the direction of roger stone ). no amount of hard evidence will sway them once they latch onto a belief.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:05 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i wouldn't say dumb, in fact i think some are very intelligent, but i do see a high level of cognitive dissonance going on. once again, i believe this is the reason trump built his base from the birthers ( at the direction of roger stone ). no amount of hard evidence will sway them once they latch onto a belief.
No.. they were dumb. This is what happens when you are desperate to belong to a crowd. You end up following some nut job who says he is going to build a wall and give him your hard earned money.

Scammers always work over the dumbest people.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:08 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
If the accountants did their job they could point to the savings realized by NAFTA-2 and bank it. As it stands, we know very little about the new deal.
The OP would be hard pressed to swipe the balance sheet, besides Trump never mentioned paying for the wall through NAFTA.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:12 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't care about what any private group is doing about the wall. I'll gladly pay for it out of my taxes as it's well needed and being built by Trump as we speak.
They could have funded this when the GOP has both houses, democrats aren’t the only ones that feel this is a bad idea but good luck finding a republican to criticize Trumps wall.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:19 PM

46,967 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
This thread did not age well.
Don't think of it as "aging" as much as "ripening". I think it mellowed considerably and developed some really interesting overtones.

Old 08-21-2020, 04:24 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
I donated $25 and got my money's worth for the first section of wall which was built. It's beautiful and fit for purpose.

Considering the Clinton Foundation paid for the Clintons' vacations and Chelsea's wedding, which doesn't seem to bother the Loony Left, I'm surprised at their rabid reaction. Maybe because everyone knows the Clintons are crooks but expected better of Bannon and Kolfage?

The only problem I see is that Bannon and Kolfage should have said they were taking a fee like most fund raisers do all the time, to pay for expenses and their time and effort. No one would have had a problem with it. It's almost impossible for someone with only one arm, no legs, wheelchair bound with a wife and two kids and a mortgage to be self supporting. Who would hire him?

They will probably get convicted because this is NY but it will be overturned on appeal. By then Trump will be re-elected.

Meanwhile we will have five hundred miles of border wall by the end of the year which will stick in the Dems' craw.

Old 08-21-2020, 04:31 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I donated $25 and got my money's worth for the first section of wall which was built. It's beautiful and fit for purpose.

Considering the Clinton Foundation paid for the Clintons' vacations and Chelsea's wedding, which doesn't seem to bother the Loony Left, I'm surprised at their rabid reaction. Maybe because everyone knows the Clintons are crooks but expected better of Bannon and Kolfage?

The only problem I see is that Bannon and Kolfage should have said they were taking a fee like most fund raisers do all the time, to pay for expenses and their time and effort. No one would have had a problem with it. It's almost impossible for someone with only one arm, no legs, wheelchair bound with a wife and two kids and a mortgage to be self supporting. Who would hire him?

They will probably get convicted because this is NY but it will be overturned on appeal. By then Trump will be re-elected.

Meanwhile we will have five hundred miles of border wall by the end of the year which will stick in the Dems' craw.

Old 08-21-2020, 06:31 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,348,212 times
Quote:

Do you have access to their accounting records? How do you know your donation went to the construction of a wall (that has erosion issues and will fall into the Rio Grande)?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/5423818002/

I understand the revelation that you have been participating in and advertising a fraudulent scheme is psychologically traumatic and may even invite some questions about your cognition. Please understand that we just want to make sure you are okay. People fall for scams, just don’t continue to advertise it or pretend it was anything but a disaster.

Reality is knocking, I suggest you answer it.

Old 08-21-2020, 06:47 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Quote:

HOLY HECK. You were scammed gurl. Snap out of it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies