Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2019, 03:21 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Orange Man Bad.

You realize the Guardian has been caught making up fake stories about Trump?
Sorry, it is not a fake story as I remember when it happened. There are other links also.

As far as the bolded I didn't find anything about that.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:21 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,736,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Negatives:

1) It doesn't address illegals within the country already or stop illegal immigration.
2) It doesn't punish employers that hire illegals.
3) A wall of this magnitude will have to be maintained, costing $$$$$$$$.
4) Introduces many environmental hazards for years...
5) We will regret it later when it becomes a symbol of discrimination.

Hit the nail on the head. Let's not forget that we're already doing a good job at fighting illegal immigration. Net migration from Mexico = 0 since 2010, and net outflow since last year.

It's a "masturbatory fantasy of vanquishing a fake enemy." Whoever tweeted that a while back God bless you for the perfect quote to describe this Wall nonsense.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:27 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,494,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Hit the nail on the head. Let's not forget that we're already doing a good job at fighting illegal immigration. Net migration from Mexico = 0 since 2010, and net outflow since last year.

It's a "masturbatory fantasy of vanquishing a fake enemy." Whoever tweeted that a while back God bless you for the perfect quote to describe this Wall nonsense.
Agreed, building a wall now seems obsolete and completely unnecessary.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:27 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Team Blue touting property rights while Team Red tramples them.

Don't worry objective observers (the few of us there are) I'm sure the roles will flip on the next issue depending on which government goon is looking for political points.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:29 PM

10,450 posts, read 4,034,271 times
I don't know how effective a border wall would be. I think an electrified fence powered by solar would be a better bet. But I think a better thing to do is start auditing companies that are known to use illegal labor. A simple tax audit can figure this out, and when a deeper investigation goes to show they were using illegals, then fine them a million dollars per illegal or lock them up for 25 years. You have to go to the source of why these illegals are coming here, and it comes down to the fact that it's too easy for them to get an under the counter job.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Orange Man Bad.

You realize the Guardian has been caught making up fake stories about Trump?
Orange man is actually a dead man walking. He will be out of office very soon and the more he has hissy fits and spasms the more it is clear how much this wall garbage is just major deflection and red meat.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:42 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,492,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I don't know how effective a border wall would be. I think an electrified fence powered by solar would be a better bet. But I think a better thing to do is start auditing companies that are known to use illegal labor. A simple tax audit can figure this out, and when a deeper investigation goes to show they were using illegals, then fine them a million dollars per illegal or lock them up for 25 years. You have to go to the source of why these illegals are coming here, and it comes down to the fact that it's too easy for them to get an under the counter job.

If you do that who is going to bus your table when dining at Mar-A-Lago?

Old 01-04-2019, 03:49 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,446,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Because The Wall hasn't been built yet.

The Wall will virtually eliminate human sex trafficking, human trafficking (as indentured servants), gun-running and smuggling, drug-running and smuggling, illegal aliens, and many other undesirable things.

But, I don't know, maybe you desire those things.

It will also prevent a man-portable nuclear device from entering the US through Mexico.

Granted, man-portable nuclear devices are low yields, like about 1 kt, but myself personally, I wouldn't want to be in a city when a 1 kt nuclear device detonates.

But, maybe you would like to be. If you ever dreamed of flying in an out-of-body experience, that's your chance.
Lol... You think the kind of people sophisticated enough to get their hands on a nuclear device are going to be stopped by a wall on the US-Mexico border? Hint - they have better ways of operating than masquerading as migrants in the middle of a desert.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:52 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,613,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Why walk in through a door when you can go over a thirty foot wall instead? Isn't it common sense? Loony Left Logic
What do your sources at QAnon say?

Before calling others loony you may want to consider your own common sense.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Since you live in a border state, what do you think would be more effective than a stupid wall?
We have high fencing already and the area between AZ 92 and the fence is packed with sensors. The Border Patrol in my sector (San Pedro and Sulpher Springs Valleys south and west of the Tucson Sector) is incredibly effective. They’re all over the place like ants.

Our sector is mountainous, which presents serious natural challenges to illegals. The BP uses horses, ATVs, side by sides, motorcycles and a dizzying array of equipment to catch illegals and smugglers.

It’s nothing like what people imagine. If you go down to the Naco Sector Border fence, you wouldn’t see a soul. The media makes it sound as if thousands of people are climbing the fences at all times. It’s not like that. They use specialized routes that switch up all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies