Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2019, 04:59 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
There is no threat !!!

There is law of emanate domain. The law is not a threat, its a fact.

Why don't the democrats just ignore it like they do with other laws they don't like ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminen..._United_States

Emanate domain? Is that kinda like Emirate domain?

Old 01-04-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Stop lying !!!

The President made it clear he didn't make a threat. Another case of democrats hearing what they want to hear and not what is said. They are so dysfunctional with delusions they can't pay attention.

More like another case of BSer Trump talking more BS.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So do you.

But hey, educate me. When Trump said "The military version of eminent domain" What EXACTLY did you think he meant?
Sounds like taking property by force if it suits him.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:10 PM

1,330 posts, read 698,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Orange Man Bad.
Broken record, much?

Old 01-04-2019, 05:10 PM

24,471 posts, read 17,211,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Well, in October of 1961 myself and a bunch of other lucky soles got a free trip to Berlin. I forget what that was about. Oh yeah, East Germany built a wall and it was pretty damn effective ! Those that tried to scale that wall were shot. Some made it across but not that many. I'm not saying that the Berlin wall was right, it wasn't. It was built to keep people in not out. But a wall that is patrolled properly can at least slow down illegals. Hungary recently built walls to keep migrants out and it was effective too. The funny thing is that if Mexicans try to get into the US the legal way, it's fine, but mobs forcing their way in is not.

Finally a common sense reply.

I was getting really concerned that responders here do not think that America is worth protecting. I still can't tell if they don't understand the danger an open border poses or they just hate Trump that much.

The Berlin Wall was hugely successful. It acted as a deterrent to most crossers and having it manned by guys that were authorized to shoot was a big factor in that.

Today our wall would be a deterrent to the casual border jumping trespasser but it would also have electronic means to monitor which would alert the border patrol that someone is messing around.

What is going to happen in the future when more and more caravans of would be illegal aliens keep showing up at the border expecting to be granted entrance? It happened again the other day when about 100 tried to force their way in but were repelled by tear gas.

Do you want someone that forced their way into the country, breaking the law being your neighbor?

A few brought up "the fact" that more guns are smuggled into Mexico then out of it so I would ask the Anti gunners out there, Don't you care about the poor people that will be victimized by those guns? A border wall would slow such illegal activities.

Others brought up that walls haven't worked since gun powder was invented... Ah we are not talking about an armed military force... We are not talking about Pancho Villa making a run into America to raid a town but who knows it could happen. Walls, barriers, fences all stop and prevent people from getting into places they should not.

Should the fences be taken down at the White House? How about the walls that protect Israel?

So far the consensus on this thread is that we don't need a wall which means people are Ok with illegal immigration. I think that is sad and dangerous.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:12 PM

1,330 posts, read 698,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Why walk in through a door when you can go over a thirty foot wall instead? Isn't it common sense? Loony Left Logic
It's almost as if ladders don't exist.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:17 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Broken record, much?

Its been the latest attempt to minimize after no one bought into the NPC nonsense that the far right was doing. So I have been seeing the orange man bad nonsense show up lately.

The NPC irony seems wasted on them.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Have you looked at a map of the Rio Grande?

Also, most homeowners are not fond of eminent domain.

greedy contractors on the other hand .................................................. ...

Old 01-04-2019, 05:22 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What the heck? Did he just binge a entire months worth of Adderal?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-ocasio-cortez

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=60164759

Impeach him now. This is insane. He literally referred to "The military version of eminent domain"
Find a video of his Rose Garden Presser. I watched it, and the Guardian is incorrect.
It’s a typical Hit Piece - I always thought you were smart enough to for extreme Leftist Propaganda.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Well, in October of 1961 myself and a bunch of other lucky soles got a free trip to Berlin. I forget what that was about. Oh yeah, East Germany built a wall and it was pretty damn effective ! Those that tried to scale that wall were shot. Some made it across but not that many. I'm not saying that the Berlin wall was right, it wasn't. It was built to keep people in not out. But a wall that is patrolled properly can at least slow down illegals. Hungary recently built walls to keep migrants out and it was effective too. The funny thing is that if Mexicans try to get into the US the legal way, it's fine, but mobs forcing their way in is not.

It was also pretty damn short and far easier to patrol with human sentries than the US/Mexico border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies