Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2019, 05:16 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You are honestly comparing people who are here legally, to those who are not here legally? (when it comes to crime?)
Sure, I am.

Putting it in a way perhaps you can understand, should I care if an American drunk or meth head kills my loved one as opposed to a Canadian here on overstay or a Mexican who works at the local landscaping company?

I'll readily admit.....that I accept what you accuse me of. Guilty as charged. If those "illegals" were gone and the replacement "legals" (by birth, movement or immigration) committed as much or more crime, I'd feel the exact same way.

The highest crime rates in the history of this country have been in the hills of TN and KY where murders once hit 250 per 100K, a rate 50X or more what civilized states now have. According to your views, I should prefer that to living somewhere with lots of illegals that has vastly less crime?

That doesn't make sense.

Here is the problem. What you don't realize is that I am with you in pushing E-verify and more judges and LOTS more money and attention being put into the system. It's an important thing to do.

So, why do you feel I'm on "another side"? My point is that Texas and Big Business people there are, if we want to look at it this way, OUR COMMON ENEMIES.

Is that too hard for you to say??? That Big Business Republicans who control a state prefer their profits to the Rule of Law? That's nothing news....it's been going on for centuries.

Old 01-20-2019, 05:19 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Can you provide a link? This is the second time in a matter of a few minutes (ish).....yet here I am asking for again for proof of what you say.
https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...gs-immigration

Old 01-20-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Post all the links you want, really but in these links, where does it show how much is not caught?

So, if you cannot provide how much is not caught....think about it...
So then prove your farking wall will do anything about it. Remember, the govts own data suggests the wall won't fix the drug problem

Old 01-20-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Let's do some simple math , shall we?

Bush going from 5 trillion to 10 trillion = +5 trillion to the debt.

Obama going from 10 trillion to 20 trillion = +10 trillion to the debt.

And that's giving your numbers about Bush the benefit of the doubt..
They both doubled the debt, except Obama had to pick up the pieces of the great Bush recession.

But the right doesn't care about debts or deficits except under dems. Trump is exhibit A now

Old 01-20-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
BS, you are the one saying the 90% is caught at the border...you prove it.
I already did. With the govts own data. Prove the wall will do anything close to the billions we will spend on it

Old 01-20-2019, 05:27 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
There's been a flood of never-Trumpers on both sides claiming Trump was finished even before he won the election.......all have been wrong.

Ann Coulter and Rush don't speak for all Conservatives. According to Trump they do!

And Congressional Dems hold as much power to reopen the government as Trump does.

Dems have done their job in trying to reopen the government. McConnell and Trump are the 2 who won't so this is on both of them and no one else.

Old 01-20-2019, 05:31 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Sure, I am.

Putting it in a way perhaps you can understand, should I care if an American drunk or meth head kills my loved one as opposed to a Canadian here on overstay or a Mexican who works at the local landscaping company?

Well you can try, but you have obviously failed, as we can see below, but lets see if I can answer....

I would hope so, they are illegal?

Quote:
I'll readily admit.....that I accept what you accuse me of. Guilty as charged. If those "illegals" were gone and the replacement "legals" (by birth, movement or immigration) committed as much or more crime, I'd feel the exact same way.

So, you admit,if they don't do as much crime, then you good with it?

Quote:
The highest crime rates in the history of this country have been in the hills of TN and KY where murders once hit 250 per 100K, a rate 50X or more what civilized states now have. According to your views, I should prefer that to living somewhere with lots of illegals that has vastly less crime?

That doesn't make sense.

Any link?

Quote:
Here is the problem. What you don't realize is that I am with you in pushing E-verify and more judges and LOTS more money and attention being put into the system. It's an important thing to do.

You don't act like it, and just not here.... in other threads...

Quote:
So, why do you feel I'm on "another side"? My point is that Texas and Big Business people there are, if we want to look at it this way, OUR COMMON ENEMIES.

Where did I say "other side"....you have been very specific on what I have said...

Quote:
Is that too hard for you to say??? That Big Business Republicans who control a state prefer their profits to the Rule of Law? That's nothing news....it's been going on for centuries.

Old 01-20-2019, 05:33 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
They both doubled the debt, except Obama had to pick up the pieces of the great Bush recession.

But the right doesn't care about debts or deficits except under dems. Trump is exhibit A now

Obama's "doubling" was twice the size of Bush's.

A considerable distinction especially when you're talking TRILLIONS of dollars.

We would have come out of the recession without doubling the debt....( It really wasn't as bad as the doom and gloomers were claiming anyways)

Obama's adding 10 trillion to the debt was completely unnecessary.

Old 01-20-2019, 05:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Stolen off the interwebs:

This is the actual sequence of events re: the government shutdown (summarizing a fellow political nerd’s post).

1. In its 2019 budget proposal, the Trump administration asked for $1.6 billion for border security.

2. Republicans controlled both houses of Congress, and both houses passed bills that earmarked $1.6 billion for border security.

3. Then, Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh said some mean things about Donald Trump.

4. Trump suddenly demanded $5 billion for his wall to keep the government open. In an Oval Office meeting with ‘Chuck and Nancy,’ Trump bragged that he would be PROUD to shut the government down over this issue; he would own the shutdown and wouldn’t blame Democrats.

6. At this point, Republicans still controlled both houses of Congress and had only spent 6% of the money committed to building the wall, while “committing” only 60% of the money. Paul Ryan was still Speaker when the government shut down, NOT Nancy Pelosi.

7. The first thing Pelosi did when she became Speaker was pass THE EXACT SAME BILL the House had passed in No. 2 above. The bill fully funded the Trump Administration’s $1.6 billion request for border security.

8. If Mitch McConnell allowed a floor vote on that bill in the Senate today, it would pass easily; Trump would have to veto it to keep the government shut down.

9. Even if Trump vetoed the bill, Congress could vote to OVERRIDE his veto, and thereby reopen the government while still earmarking $1.6 billion for border security.

This ^^^^ is exactly the history of trump's debacle. Thanks for summarizing.

Old 01-20-2019, 05:37 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Dems have done their job in trying to reopen the government. McConnell and Trump are the 2 who won't so this is on both of them and no one else.
Takes two to tango.......

All Dems have to do to reopen the government is send a bill to Trump that he'll sign.....

But the optics sure don't look good for the Dems when they won't even negotiate..... even after Trump's offer yesterday.

Hate to tell you, but Trump is coming off as the more reasonable here. ......

He's willing to negotiate.... Nancy and Chuck aren't.

Over one tenth of one percent of the budget.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies