Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2019, 04:08 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,229 times

Advertisements

I believe smuggling guns INTO Mexico is a bigger problem the smuggling into the US.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:10 PM

21,867 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Source???
Source:

Guy on the Intertubes who thinks a steel slat fence is going to stop an army long enough for the military to mobilize and deploy from a base dozens, perhaps hundreds, of miles away.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:13 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Most drug smuggling occurs at legal ports of entry. Of course, that only matters if you care about facts.
Another fact is that most of our illegals did not sneak across the border.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...ntinue-n730216

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...l-immigration/

Old 01-04-2019, 04:20 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Martial Law? You mean eminent domain.

Border States don t want the Wall ... because what is built there already, encroaches on their private property.
Has been a problem since the matter began regardless of the President in office.
Lawsuits have been going on for years and years

Look. Trump is a bad man. A very bad man.
He is well aware of these problems surrounding getting a Wall built.
Every step he takes is suspect. Keeping the government shutdown is ideal to slowly strangling all the investigations $$.$$ into HIM. He is carrying out Whitiker s idea, that Whitiker presented on world wide television.
It s the new crime wave. Right in front of our eyes.
I think you're right. He's flailing about in desperation to divert attention from the coming tsunami of indictments and incriminating evidence from the Special Counsel. And in the meantime he's willing to drag the entire country down with him.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:23 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,189,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. I love the claim that walls are effective. What nonsense. Walls completely stopped being effective once gunpowder and other technologies came about. The only modern wall thats remotely effective is Israels, and thats more about a TON of people with guns manning it. History for the most part has shown over and over again that walls do not work.

China has a amazing wall...that utterly failed. Trying to claim walls work is the sort of nonsense stated by someone who didn't learn from history, and instead believes nonsense because they want it to be true.
Not to mention all the tunnels that we find every year for smuggling drugs. Google it. They are found often, and if the wall was was made 'impenetrable' (haha), even more would pop up. Never think that any type of obstacle will stop people from doing what they are desperate to accomplish...

Old 01-04-2019, 04:26 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I think you're right. He's flailing about in desperation to divert attention from the coming tsunami of indictments and incriminating evidence from the Special Counsel. And in the meantime he's willing to drag the entire country down with him.

This isn't going to work. He needs something bigger-like parking a carrier off the islands China has taken, and daring them to do something about it. With orders to the carrier group to not back down, and to defend themselves aggressively. You know, large casualty type things.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:30 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
This isn't going to work. He needs something bigger-like parking a carrier off the islands China has taken, and daring them to do something about it. With orders to the carrier group to not back down, and to defend themselves aggressively. You know, large casualty type things.
That could be next if his wall gambit doesn't work.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:36 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,906 times
Quote:
LOL. I love the claim that walls are effective. What nonsense. Walls completely stopped being effective once gunpowder and other technologies came about. The only modern wall thats remotely effective is Israels, and thats more about a TON of people with guns manning it. History for the most part has shown over and over again that walls do not work.

China has a amazing wall...that utterly failed. Trying to claim walls work is the sort of nonsense stated by someone who didn't learn from history, and instead believes nonsense because they want it to be true.

Well, in October of 1961 myself and a bunch of other lucky soles got a free trip to Berlin. I forget what that was about. Oh yeah, East Germany built a wall and it was pretty damn effective ! Those that tried to scale that wall were shot. Some made it across but not that many. I'm not saying that the Berlin wall was right, it wasn't. It was built to keep people in not out. But a wall that is patrolled properly can at least slow down illegals. Hungary recently built walls to keep migrants out and it was effective too. The funny thing is that if Mexicans try to get into the US the legal way, it's fine, but mobs forcing their way in is not.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:48 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We have high fencing already and the area between AZ 92 and the fence is packed with sensors. The Border Patrol in my sector (San Pedro and Sulpher Springs Valleys south and west of the Tucson Sector) is incredibly effective. They’re all over the place like ants.

Our sector is mountainous, which presents serious natural challenges to illegals. The BP uses horses, ATVs, side by sides, motorcycles and a dizzying array of equipment to catch illegals and smugglers.

It’s nothing like what people imagine. If you go down to the Naco Sector Border fence, you wouldn’t see a soul. The media makes it sound as if thousands of people are climbing the fences at all times. It’s not like that. They use specialized routes that switch up all the time.
Not to mention that the vast majority of the folks who are not officially authorized to stay - simply just overstay their visas. It's not about physical borders or barriers.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:57 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
“I can do it if I want,” Trump said. “We can call a national emergency and build it very quickly.”
tRump's scared, that much is clear.

He's trying every trick he can think of to grab headlines away from Russiagate.

How long until he cracks up?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies