Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 04:32 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,194,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Seinfeld and Friends were a blot on the 90s. Neither had any racial diversity to speak of even though they were both supposed to occur in diverse NYC.

Racial diversity is not a requirement for the success of anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 06:26 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,203,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Seinfeld and Friends were a blot on the 90s. Neither had any racial diversity to speak of even though they were both supposed to occur in diverse NYC.
I've lived in Manhattan, and Seinfield's neighborhood was spot on for its racial diversity. It's not as if anyone of them had any reason to be hanging around Harlem or other ethnic areas.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:34 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,815,085 times
A show about nothing. Literally. Just as Seinfeld described.

If you need TV shows to teach you something or represent a certain this or that, there are plenty out there for all types. If you are offended just don't watch it FFS. I think some of the shows are ridiculous so I don't watch them. Pretty simple.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:39 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,715,564 times
Random thought, I confess. I admit, also, that this random thought is only very loosely in the ballpark of this thread. So forgive me on the basis of age; mine, which is surely showing.

Anybody remember the Legion of Decency? Growing up it was published in our Sunday bulletin at church. We, who were Catholic teens, at that time, were ruled by the ratings put out by this organization. Censorship and condemnation at its finest. Oh the movies I was not permitted to see....I believe under the pain of sin as well as parental punishment.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 01-05-2019 at 10:47 AM..

Old 01-05-2019, 06:25 PM

24,514 posts, read 33,345,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Hmmm, the religious right were the ones complaining about what can and can't be on TV for most of TV's history. Remember how 2 actors couldn't be shown in the same bed even acting the role of a married couple because it was too taboo. And I don't mean sexual scenes. On the Dick Van Dyke show, Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore have 2 separate beds in their bedroom. This went on for years as Christians made TV rules and they cheered. They are now mad that they don't get to make all the noise about how the TV is bothering them and people triggered by other things are more noisy now.
There was only one bed in the master bedroom on the TV shows Bewitched and The Munsters (both of which premiered in 1964).

Old 01-05-2019, 08:15 PM

20,765 posts, read 8,606,055 times
Millennials think everything on TV and in the movies is real life. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies