Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 07:41 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,231,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
OMG! There are more people who want to see Israel destroyed and Judaism die off than I thought.

I'm done for now.
Judaism is not going to die off whether there is or is not a country called Israel. That is a red herring strictly off your own shelf.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:41 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,530,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
A wise decision. Truly I just can't grasp how people like this new representative actually manage to get elected here. It boggles my mind. It speaks to just exactly how many radical types there are out there. Yea yea now I'm gonna see replies saying "Trump, the radical racist right blub blub blub." Whatever. As you say it's just not worth the time to engage these nut cases. They are daffy as outhouse rats and less informed and realistic than the latter critters.
Yes, thank you.

Also, the last thing I wanted to do was "dog whistle" to Israel-haters, so if it gets too bad and devolves into out-and-out antisemitism, is there a way for the OP (me) to delete the entire thread?

(But it is scary how radical some of these leftists are.)

Old 01-05-2019, 07:45 AM

24,451 posts, read 23,135,379 times
This congress definitely does look to be taking crazy pills.

Old 01-05-2019, 07:48 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,108,522 times
Quote:
Yes, thank you.

Also, the last thing I wanted to do was "dog whistle" to Israel-haters, so if it gets too bad and devolves into out-and-out antisemitism, is there a way for the OP (me) to delete the entire thread?

Bravo. Advocate the shutdown of free speech like they do in Israel.

Injury to religious sentiment
173. If a person does any of the following, then the one is liable to one year's imprisonment:
(1) One publishes a publication that is liable to crudely offend the religious faith or sentiment of others;
(2) One voices in a public place and in the hearing of another person any word or sound that is liable to crudely offend the religious faith or sentiment of others.

Last edited by AguaDulce; 01-05-2019 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: added source

Old 01-05-2019, 07:52 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,120,647 times
There are some nutjobs in the new congress that won't be doing the Dems any favors. If they (Dems) want to beat Trump in 2020 they better keep the radical leftists at arms length.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:04 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,607,076 times
Quote:
We can't do anything about it, other than be aware that the far-left contingent of the Democratic Party would like to see Israel wiped into the sea - and for American Jews (and others concerned about antisemitism) to realize the impact this would have on them. The sad thing is that liberal Jews are so blinded by their liberalism that they refuse to see the worldwide impact were the U.S. to be enable Israel's destruction.
Enable it in what way? I believe you will find plenty of people on the right who would like to see aid cut off, not only to Israel, but to all foreign countries. Military aid, humanitarian aid, all of it. One such person has already posted here, and you assumed he was a Dem. I think it's possible that your dislike of liberalism is causing you to see an anti-Semitic Democrat under every bush, and in most cases, that simply isn't the case. I'm sure there are some, but they exist on the right, as well. Do you think those folks carrying tiki torches in Charlottesville were liberals?

Quote:
Yes, thank you.

As you have undoubtedly seen, really blatant anti-Semitic posts do get deleted, if someone reports them (the mods don't read every single post, contrary to what some people seem to believe). As to having the thread deleted, you can ask. I have no idea whether or not your request will be granted.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:06 AM

18,498 posts, read 15,303,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Per National Geographic. 1947.
Aren’t all historical maps inaccurate by today’s standards?

Couldn’t I show you a map of the USSR from only 40 years ago that is inaccurate by today’s standards?

How about a map of the Roman Empire?

Or maps of North America, pre Revolution?

Is Manhattan still under Dutch rule?

Old 01-05-2019, 08:10 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,530,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Enable it in what way? I believe you will find plenty of people on the right who would like to see aid cut off, not only to Israel, but to all foreign countries. Military aid, humanitarian aid, all of it. One such person has already posted here, and you assumed he was a Dem. I think it's possible that your dislike of liberalism is causing you to see an anti-Semitic Democrat under every bush, and in most cases, that simply isn't the case. I'm sure there are some, but they exist on the right, as well. Do you think those folks carrying tiki torches in Charlottesville were liberals?

As you have undoubtedly seen, really blatant anti-Semitic posts do get deleted, if someone reports them (the mods don't read every single post, contrary to what some people seem to believe). As to having the thread deleted, you can ask. I have no idea whether or not your request will be granted.
I've decided not to ask the thread be deleted. If out-and-out antisemites start getting more "aggressive" in their remarks, I'll report the individual posts.

As to how would the U.S. enable the destruction of Israel, it would do so by pulling financial aid. The far leftists would advocate for that, and too many of them would be the tipping point. I, as an American Jew, can see the ramifications of that, were it to happen, to Jews worldwide.

As the Holocaust fades into history as survivors die off, we run more of a risk.

(On an aside, I met a survivor a few weeks ago. She said she was 4, and she remembers it vividly.)

Old 01-05-2019, 08:11 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,108,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Aren’t all historical maps inaccurate by today’s standards?

Couldn’t I show you a map of the USSR from only 40 years ago that is inaccurate by today’s standards?

How about a map of the Roman Empire?

Or maps of North America, pre Revolution?

Is Manhattan still under Dutch rule?
I didn't mean to imply that it is currently accurate.

It was posted to provide perspective. Something sorely lacking with regard to this topic.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:11 AM

2,924 posts, read 1,998,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Who the f*ck is electing these people!?
The people who our idiot leaders thought was a great idea to let into the country in large numbers. Their culture and western culture go together like oil and water, by their choice. They believe in conquering over time with numbers and violence, and we end up with no-go zones and many other ills in our communities. Jews, Christians and any other non-Muslims are who they believe they need to convert or destroy.

And of course, anyone who mentions what I just did is considered Islamophobic, and in certain western countries could be prosecuted for violating hate speech laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.