Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2019, 04:45 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times

Advertisements

I don't have seething hate for anybody -- including Trump.

But I am critical of him as President, human being man.

That's not the same thing.

But I think it is easier for all of you that are blind supporters of Trumps to believe that those of us critical of his policies, actions, words must be just seething with hate...because you can't bring yourself to be able to either debate his policy with any substance and integrity or admit he's wrong.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:58 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Exposing the Democrats, for the Cultural Marxist they really are! Coming up. Trump destroys the Democrat Commies, in a prime time speech.
So your contention is that Trumps spread (disapprove/approve) will move toward your dream (maybe even 50/50) as a result of this address?

Currently it's at a high (for the last number of months) of a 12 to 12.5% spread, meaning about 25 Million more American disapprove of the guy...than approve.

And your prediction is...in a month?

Forgive me...I like numbers.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
"Cultural Marxist".....heck, even Marx never defined that!

I'm wondering what the definition of this is? Is this a word to represent the USA being a Melting Pot where we all have some basic culture which is at least somewhat similar?

Old 01-07-2019, 05:11 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
The sky is falling.......

Old 01-07-2019, 05:18 PM

1,548 posts, read 1,196,514 times
At first I was hoping against hope that the major networks wouldn't give airtime for his "speech" tomorrow.

But after more consideration I suddenly realized, hell yeah! give him all the rope he wants to hang himself! Every time he opens his big yap, he stuffs himself further and further in the hole.

Besides, the entertainment factor alone will be worth seeing. What an utter joke this man is.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:32 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,378,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The President has announced he will address the nation on 8 Jan. 2019 on national security & gov. shutdown.

Primetime address at 9 pm.

First primetime address. He sounds serious and may have some other announcement as he often does. Lets hope he announces a national emergency and takes the necessary actions to put an end to the democrats failing to protect American citizens.

Here is a link but its not up to date with the latest announcement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...h-sanders-says
Go Prez go!!

MAGA!

Old 01-07-2019, 05:35 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The President has announced he will address the nation on 8 Jan. 2019 on national security & gov. shutdown.

Primetime address at 9 pm.

First primetime address. He sounds serious and may have some other announcement as he often does. Lets hope he announces a national emergency and takes the necessary actions to put an end to the democrats failing to protect American citizens.

Here is a link but its not up to date with the latest announcement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...h-sanders-says
Looks like the Leftist Media doesn't want to broadcast this Oval Office Address. (before they did cave to History)
That would have gone down in the History Books to boycott an Oval Office Address -- never before have News Media Chosen (if they do so) to NOT televise an Oval Address from the President to the Nation.

UPDATE: Networks to air Trump prime-time address live on Tuesday |The Hill

The Hysterical Meltdown Continues - the Debate on should we air?/shouldn't we air? was a HOOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The president doesn't have the power to declare a state of emergency. That is reserved for congress.

I don't know whether he doesn't know that, or he thinks we all don't know that.
There is a very good chance that the President of the United States is more aware of the 136 statutory powers that may become available to the president upon declaration of a national emergency .....
than "Clara".

A Guide to Emergency Powers and Their Use |Brennan Center for Justice - December 2018

The Brennan Center for Justice is not what anyone would call a "right leaning" organization.

Unknown to most Americans, a vast set of laws gives the president greatly enhanced powers during emergencies. President Donald Trump’s threats to get funding for a wall along the border with Mexico by declaring a national emergency are not just posturing. The Brennan Center, building on previous research, has identified 136 statutory powers that may become available to the president upon declaration of a national emergency, including two that could grant him his wish (10 U.S.C. 2808 A and 33 U.S.C. 2293 on our list below).

The table below displays these powers by subject matter, specifies the conditions triggering their use, and lists the occasions on which they have been invoked. Our top-line observations from this research may be found here, while our methodology for compiling the database is available here. Separately, we have developed a running list of national emergencies declared since the National Emergencies Act went into effect. And we did a deeper dive into some of these powers in the January/February 2019 issue of The Atlantic.

Folks -- once again, I would point out that it's not just Dangerous to live in a Rubber Bubble in a Leftist Echo Chamber ...... it can make you look like so very, very foolish.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:39 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Strange, eh?

https://twitter.com/BrianKarem/statu...65165746630656

Old 01-07-2019, 05:40 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump's base does not watch Fox News.

Fox News is for the easily influenced who need it to justify that their own views are formed by CNN, WaPo, NYT, and the rest of the corrupt MSM.
What?

This is a joke, right?

Old 01-07-2019, 05:43 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
The current trending hashtag on Twitter is #TurnOffTrump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies