Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve of Trump as a competent POTUS and/or decent guy?
Yes. He's a competent POTUS and I think he's a decent guy. 26 16.99%
Yes. He's a competent POTUS, but I don't think he's a decent guy. 19 12.42%
Yes. I don't think he's a competent POTUS, but I think he's a decent guy. 1 0.65%
No. He's neither of those things. 96 62.75%
Other (explain) 11 7.19%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 01:24 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Just thought it would be interesting to gauge Trump approval independent of party lines.

Me, I have never liked him, will never like him, and would not like him no matter what party he was or was not a part of.

Even if he'd seemed to have ideas I agreed with, I would not have voted for him.

I know some people who are Democrats who voted for him.

I know Republicans who did NOT vote for him.

I know Independents and unaffiliated voters who did (and did not) vote for him.

I think it's a bit odd to think of him as an actual Republican, really.

So, where does the forum shake out, I wonder?

ETA: The poll is public and nobody cares what party you're part of unless you want to share it.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:34 PM

273 posts, read 957,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Just thought it would be interesting to gauge Trump approval independent of party lines.

Me, I have never liked him, will never like him, and would not like him no matter what party he was or was not a part of.

Even if he'd seemed to have ideas I agreed with, I would not have voted for him.

While 'liking' a candidate may influence me when the candidates are 'close'... I vote more based on positions, ideas and plans they present, their track record (political and otherwise), their potential to accomplish things I think important... of course all this is as they compare to opposing candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 01:34 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

ETA: The poll is public and nobody cares what party you're part of unless you want to share it.
I voted No. I’m a D, and I started loathing him back in the 80s or so, when he still self-identified as a D.

I don’t think he actually has any real principles at all, unless you count self-importance, pompous ignorance, and greed as principles. So not only is he an awful person, he’s an awful president, since he sees the presidency as just another thing to boast about.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:37 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times
I don't dislike Trump, I just have zero respect for him as either a human being or as POTUS.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:40 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskyz View Post
While 'liking' a candidate may influence me when the candidates are 'close'... I vote more based on positions, ideas and plans they present, their track record (political and otherwise), their potential to accomplish things I think important... of course all this is as they compare to opposing candidates.
Oh, I do agree with you. That's why I am unbothered by people supporting whatever it is Trump says he wants to accomplish, even if I disagree with it.

I am baffled by people who want to make him out to be something greater, I think. Or, like, expect that he should be adored along with his policy positions.

Or accuse Republicans who don't share Trump's policy positions of being RINOs.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:42 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I find Trump to be self-promoting narcissistic sexist grifter. A con man looking to hussle a buck out of people.

That said I don't dislike everything he's doing. I like him putting it to the UN, taking a hard stand on illegal immigration and a couple of other things.

I'd rather gouge out my eyeballs with a dull spoon than interact with him on any kind of personal level.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:47 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Agreed, Trump is not a Republican, he's not a Democrat, and most ways he is apolitical. Adopting the platform of a party implies that you are striving to accomplish something greater than oneself. Trump is far too filled with self-importance to ever work toward achieving some political goal. That would require cooperation and allegiance, both of which are completely foreign to him.

So the answer is no on both counts. DJT is an awful person, and a completely ineffective POTUS.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:49 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
All I care about is what his policies are that benefit me and my country. I don't care about feeeeeeeelings.
None of you who hate him will ever meet him so don't panic.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:49 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
All the people that call him crass, rude, etc have got him wrong. He's a NY'er, and he says what he means, and means what he says. He says he loves the USA and I believe him.

MAGA

Old 01-07-2019, 01:53 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
By the way, Snowflakes, you might be interested to know that people who actually have met him and worked with him, including foreign leaders, have said they actually liked Trump when they discovered that he was nothing like the media portrayed him.

I'm not saying he is perfect but you need to learn critical thinking and ignore left wing propaganda. You will feel so much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies