Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should POTUS declare a state of emergency for the border wall?
Yes 96 34.78%
No 180 65.22%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 04:34 PM

7,785 posts, read 6,402,464 times

Advertisements

A wall is not nearly as noisy as land mines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 05:08 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,204,829 times
You know, maybe we should let the whole world migrate here but have all the CD posters here against the wall take them all in and be responsible for them if they misbehave that could land those CD posters a lifetime jail sentence in hard labor if they do.

Yes let all democrats win (a one party government) so we can be at war with most of the world, heck Hillary wants war with Russia - I say Mr. Putin please oblige and give our mass of land a total reset.

I even have the best POTUS candidates and top level cabinet in mind for our self-destruction!

The sad thing is that the veterans dead or alive would have served for nothing after it's thrown all away by democrats.

Thank GOD I don't have much time left to live as with total democrat rule "the check will become due" REAL FAST and not in any positive way IMO! YES it's THAT BAD IMO!

However our GREAT PRESIDENT TRUMP WILL GET THE WALL BUILT via a State of Emergency then at a later date the democrats will dismantle it (the multi-billions will quickly without hesitation will be approved for that) for their welcome of everyone/anyone.

Lets see if there's even one of you reading this who gets why I posted what I did - I won't hold my breath though.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:19 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,979,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Not getting your way is not a state of emergency. It's pretty common in politics. What an awful precedent this would create.
For Trump it is.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:20 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,503,087 times
Anyone who voted yes is against democracy.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:22 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,509,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Trump is probably stomping his feet, hitting his head against the wall, screaming and crying over not getting his ridiculous wall. Meanwhile, Mexico is laughing at him!
Mexico is just one of many laughing at him.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:26 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,569,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm disappointed that the Democrats have flip flopped on the border issue. It wasn't that long ago that the top Dems told us how important border security was. What happened? Do they really hate Trump that much that they refuse to work with him on something that is basic common sense?

If Trump is forced to, why not declare a state of emergency? Get the military down there and start building portions of the wall. We don't need a wall that runs the entire length of the border but building one that will funnel the "migrants" to proper checkpoints it will certainly reduce the number of people that are abused, hurt or even die in trying to make a dangerous trek through inhospitable lands dragging their kids with them.

Paul Ryan had no interest in tackling the wall so instead he kicked it down the road and now today we are dealing with it again. Pelosi and Schummer want to reopen the Gov. and then talk about a wall.. yeah right. Trump should not trust them.

What is so wrong about building a wall that will protect and help people on both sides of it?
The Dems do want to support border security, but not the "wall" that he is promoting. You say Pelosi and Schumer shouldn't trust Donald? I think that is the other way around! Trump shouldn't be holding innocent people's lively hood as hostage. They have done an honest days work, they should be paid. He is putting his own interest ahead of the working people of america. He shouldn't have deceived folks about Mexico paying for the wall (although common sense should have kicked in to know that wasn't going to happen).

Old 01-09-2019, 05:46 PM

1,991 posts, read 902,300 times
If Trump thought he could get away with it, he would have already have declared an emergency. Just more bluster and BS from the bad orange one.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:51 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,431,383 times
No, Individual 1 doesn't like the fact that he doesn't get his way. He needs to deal with it.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:56 PM

19,248 posts, read 17,124,258 times
He had control of both houses for the last 2 years if this was such an urgency he could have proposed and had approved the necessary funding....

Old 01-09-2019, 06:00 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,091,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer have once again said they will not, under any circumstances, approve funding for a border wall or steel slat fence.

Should Trump just go ahead and declare the state of emergency?
Yes only if itl leads to impeachment for him and a resignation (forced)

for on the fence pence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies