Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 06:09 AM

2,448 posts, read 894,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well past time, so many lives have been ruined for possessing a plant.
Ah, the natural fallacy. And what of the much higher concentration of THC in your "plant" these days?

Whoops...I forgot to preemptively shout, "Alcohol is worse!" and "Reefer Madness!"

Old 01-10-2019, 06:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
A voice in the wilderness. The same things I've said for awhile. As we legalize, dealers have and will continue to increasingly focus on selling to minors. As we learn more about the connection between marijuana and psychosis, among other things, people will someday look back at what we did with shame, particularly after it has become clear that we created a new equivalent of the tobacco industry to prey upon new generations with more potent drugs.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/04/o...alization.html
If it is federally regulated, there needs to be a red 'skull and bones' health warning sticker on the container informing the users of the psycho-toxins in marijuana.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:18 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Ah, the natural fallacy. And what of the much higher concentration of THC in your "plant" these days?

Whoops...I forgot to preemptively shout, "Alcohol is worse!" and "Reefer Madness!"
as always it falls upon the person smoking, eating or drinking something to perform
their own due dilligence. Kind of hard to do when a substance is only availiable on the black market.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:18 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
That drug is dangerous and is known for causing psychosis and various other mental and physical impairments. There hasn't been enough long term peer reviewed studies and research done to warrant national legalization. The fact that this is being spearheaded without a broad endorsement of medical professionals is astounding and frightening.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
as always it falls upon the person smoking, eating or drinking something to perform
their own due dilligence. Kind of hard to do when a substance is only availiable on the black market.
Oh, you mean the consumers will start demanding lower levels of THC if we put labels on the product and send in the regulators?

Old 01-10-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That drug is dangerous and is known for causing psychosis and various other mental and physical impairments. There hasn't been enough long term peer reviewed studies and research done to warrant national legalization. The fact that this is being spearheaded without a broad endorsement of medical professionals is astounding and frightening.
They don't care about any of that. They want to get high and the politicians see this as a revenue goldmine.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Ah, the libertarian view. Standing on principle, gol darn it! I have an unfettered right to do whatever wish to my own body, regardless the externalities, not the least of which, the misery I bring to my family and friends! Freedom, baby!

Old 01-10-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Ah, the libertarian view. Standing on principle, gol darn it! I have an unfettered right to do whatever wish to my own body, regardless the externalities, not the least of which, the misery I bring to my family and friends! Freedom, baby!
Ah the statist view: I have the right to kill, beat, rob and cage someone over the possession of a substance that I disapprove of.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Ah the statist view: I have the right to kill, beat, rob and cage someone over the possession of a substance that I disapprove of.
I love you guys, I do, mostly because when I was a young man and didn't know anything, I believed in all this stuff, too. Then I grew up.

Stop signs are state-sponsored oppression! Who are you to tell me when I have to stop!?! You can't tell me what to do!

Old 01-10-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
I love you guys, I do, mostly because when I was a young man and didn't know anything, I believed in all this stuff, too. Then I grew up.

Stop signs are state-sponsored oppression! Who are you to tell me when I have to stop!?! You can't tell me what to do!
Well I dont know anyone that opposes signs on principal and I find they can be quite useful and appropriate at times. Not sure what any of that has to do with robbing, beating, caging or killing someone because they have a plant you dont like? Well other than you dont have rational argument against the practice of personal responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies