Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 08:17 AM

45,268 posts, read 26,522,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, in this case you can choose to pay it to the government, or not to pay it. I do not pay tax on cigarettes either, because I choose to not buy them. Mike Huckabees "fair tax" proposal was based entirely on consumption tax. It would have abolished income tax.
You didnt answer the question.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:26 AM

2,536 posts, read 1,875,976 times
A friend of mine injected 2 marijuanas and it turned him into a pigman. He was never the same again.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:27 AM

1,991 posts, read 903,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Oh, you mean the consumers will start demanding lower levels of THC if we put labels on the product and send in the regulators?
Yes there are very potent strands of Pot. However there are also strands of Pot that are not potent and designed for different effects. That’s why you will see twenty different strains sold at dispensaries and stores where Pot is legal. So I’ve been told. Pot is illegal in my state.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:50 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,835,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
It would be great if it passed but the pants-in-a-twist republicans would never allow it.
Yeah, it will "destroy the moral fabric of our God-fearing society."

Marijuana legalization is coming but we're going to have to wait until Trump is out.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:55 AM

463 posts, read 190,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yeah, it will "destroy the moral fabric of our God-fearing society."

Marijuana legalization is coming but we're going to have to wait until Trump is out.
Shocking, a Bawac post that is anti-God and anti-Christian

Old 01-10-2019, 08:58 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,336,592 times
Quote:
A voice in the wilderness. The same things I've said for awhile. As we legalize, dealers have and will continue to increasingly focus on selling to minors. As we learn more about the connection between marijuana and psychosis, among other things, people will someday look back at what we did with shame, particularly after it has become clear that we created a new equivalent of the tobacco industry to prey upon new generations with more potent drugs.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/04/o...alization.html
There's a reason you're a voice in the wilderness.

Of course, you would never consider for even a nanosecond the possibility that you're completely wrong about this subject. You've probably never been wrong about anything, have you? No, you just spout the same old propaganda over and over, ad nauseam, shooting your cause in the foot again and again each time you post.

Keep it up!

Old 01-10-2019, 09:06 AM

2,448 posts, read 897,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
There's a reason you're a voice in the wilderness.

Of course, you would never consider for even a nanosecond the possibility that you're completely wrong about this subject. No, you just spout the same old propaganda over and over, ad nauseam, shooting your cause in the foot again and again each time you post.

Keep it up!
I used to be on your side of this issue. You know this. I told you this before. A couple times. Then again, given how frequently, according to you, that you toke up, you may not recall that fact.

About the only folks using propaganda on this issue anymore are the pro-weed activists, the "budding" industry and the useful idiots in places like this that they use to do their bidding for them. It's remarkable to listen to folks who ordinarily rail against corporations become stooges for the new version of Big Tobacco.

The connection between marijuana and psychosis is clear. You repeating, ad nauseum, that this is "propaganda" is not an argument.

Didn't you share that your grown kid now uses this stuff? You should be proud. Never underestimate the propensity for human beings to rationalize their harmful behaviors so that they may keep doing what they want to do, regardless how they harm themselves and others.

It's called "selfism." It keeps getting worse.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:09 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,835,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Shocking, a Bawac post that is anti-God and anti-Christian
What would be more shocking is for a day to arrive when the Republican Party would stop trying to impose the will of Christian fundamentalists on the entire country. I long for that day.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:12 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,513,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Those "pants-in-a-twist" Republicans are the only thing keeping the Democrats from turning this country into some kind of trendy social hippie experiment. The Republicans are the adults that keep the wild child Democrats in check. Thank god for that.

Ably demonstrated by the chief Republican 'adult' who's likely to stomp his feet and walk off in a snit whenever he doesn't get his way.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:14 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,336,592 times
Quote:
I used to be on your side of this issue. You know this. I told you this before. A couple times. Then again, given how frequently, according to you, that you toke up, you may not recall that fact.

About the only folks using propaganda on this issue anymore are the pro-weed activists, the "budding" industry and the useful idiots in places like this that they use to do their bidding for them. It's remarkable to listen to folks who ordinarily rail against corporations become stooges for the new version of Big Tobacco.

The connection between marijuana and psychosis is clear. You repeating, ad nauseum, that this is "propaganda" is not an argument.

Didn't you share that your grown kid now uses this stuff? You should be proud. Never underestimate the propensity for human beings to rationalize their harmful behaviors so that they may keep doing what they want to do, regardless how they harm themselves and others.

It's called "selfism." It keeps getting worse.
Who is the one with memory problems? Please get your facts straight.

BTW, I'll put my 62 year old memory up against yours any day of the week.

What I related to you in the past is that I am a product of two alcoholics. Big time alcoholics. My family has a history of alcoholism that goes back to at least the 19th century. My mother died at 62 from alcoholism and chain smoking, my dad at 75. Children of two alcoholic parents have a 90% chance of becoming an alcoholic themselves.

I have successfully used cannabis to break that cycle. In fact, to this day my 39 year old daughter does not drink! I have successfully broken a centuries old family alcohol addiction, and I call that a MAJOR success story.

Contrast that with my brother. He is 72, and has been addicted to alcohol and nicotine all his life. I, on the other hand, have used no nicotine, little alcohol, and cannabis for 47 years. The difference in his health and mine is staggering. And there's more pros and cons to this story besides just the health aspects.

I am SO BLESSED to have found a plant that has helped me to avoid the fate of my parents, grandparents, uncles, and brother, not to mention changing my family's tree. The criminal part of this story, to me, are all the folks who believe that I should be in prison for using a plant to help me pull myself up by the bootstraps and make something out of my life.

YOU ARE THE ONE who read into this story and not only put me down for "trading one addiction for another", but also decided my daughter uses cannabis. I never said that. If she does, she does so in the privacy of her own home.

You are so out of touch it is literally painful.

EDIT TO ADD: My 39 year old daughter I referred to is a nurse who is married to a doctor, living in a small town in Missouri. Once she discovered motherhood, she put her career aside and is now a devoted, wonderful mother to her four kids. Those are my grandkids! Two of them are now old enough to be on their way to alcoholism, if they had been raised in that environment. As far as I know, they are not dabbling in alcohol either. MORE MAJOR SUCCESS!!! It's another generation in my family that has been very positively impacted by my brave decision 48 years ago to risk going against draconian laws in order to rid myself of alcoholism.

Last edited by Raddo; 01-10-2019 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: Grandkids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies