Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 12:18 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,704,925 times

Advertisements

Democrats are starting to see some light, when they aren't obsessing about Trump. That light was that Obama was a very bad President. They realize that if they don't start to do something different, they will be devastated yet again in 2020.

Democrats Turn On Obama's "Establishment" Legacy As 2020 Approaches

Wow!
In short, Obama spent eight years "deferring a radical disruption" that the country was absolutely waiting for. And then Trump - an actual radical, came along and took the Oval Office away from the establishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 12:39 PM

45,672 posts, read 27,299,876 times
Let me help... since I already know how some, who need to be spoon fed, will respond.

HOPE VS. CHANGE: WHY SOME DEMOCRATS ARE TURNING ON OBAMA’S LEGACY

Opening paragraph...

If no one seems to care that Elizabeth Warren has made her candidacy for president semi-official, let it also be said that no one seems to care that Joe Biden is about to do the same. As the public’s attention starts to focus on the primaries of 2020—God, didn’t we just do this?—many Democrats are acting as if Donald Trump, who’s having a good day when his approval ratings stay in the 40s, would beat most of the field. Maybe that’s because they’re still recovering from the shock of 2016. But maybe it’s more serious than that. If today’s Democrats can’t beat Trump, then maybe Hillary Clinton wasn’t as bad a candidate as her critics claimed. And if Clinton wasn’t the problem, then what was the problem? Such questions are behind a recent spike of debates on the left over Barack Obama’s record. More and more voices seem to be saying, either obliquely or bluntly, that Obama was a bad president.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:57 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,776,602 times
"Tyler Durden" huh?

Old 01-16-2019, 12:59 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,465,079 times
so you're gloating over an article claiming Obama's problem was that he wasn't radical enough? I forget is today the day of the week where Obama was a weak shill or is today Radical Muslim? I forgot my decoder ring...I mean, maybe read the full article yourself before you rush to post the Zero Hedge interpretation if it Waldo. As a STEM employed individual one would assume you would get more facts/evidence before a post like this....

Old 01-16-2019, 01:00 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,875,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Democrats are starting to see some light, when they aren't obsessing about Trump. That light was that Obama was a very bad President. They realize that if they don't start to do something different, they will be devastated yet again in 2020.

Democrats Turn On Obama's "Establishment" Legacy As 2020 Approaches

Wow!
In short, Obama spent eight years "deferring a radical disruption" that the country was absolutely waiting for. And then Trump - an actual radical, came along and took the Oval Office away from the establishment.
The Democrats do need to do something different in my opinion.

Rather than a member of the senate they should pick someone with a proven track record as mayor.

Eric Garcetti or Cory Booker.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:00 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,595,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
so you're gloating over an article claiming Obama's problem was that he wasn't radical enough? I forget is today the day of the week where Obama was a weak shill or is today Radical Muslim? I forgot my decoder ring...I mean, maybe read the full article yourself before you rush to post the Zero Hedge interpretation if it Waldo. As a STEM employed individual one would assume you would get more facts/evidence before a post like this....

Awesome post and spot on. Reps coming your way unless I got to spread the love.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:03 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,471,240 times
Someone forgot to tell OP that Obama hasn't been President for over two years now. We have our hands full dealing with the walking/golfing/lying disaster infecting the White House right now.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:03 PM

Compared to Trump, Obama is a very stable genius and 1000X the man and President.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Someone forgot to tell OP that Obama hasn't been President for over two years now. We have our hands full dealing with the walking/golfing/lying disaster infecting the White House right now.
Well when they get tired of defending the DOTARD on a daily basis, they resort to attacking Obama and others to hide their shame.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:05 PM

27,704 posts, read 16,198,210 times
Token was hardly bush light
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies