Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Trump doesn't build the Wall, would you still vote for him in 2020?
Yes, I would still support MAGA even with no Wall 84 60.87%
No, I'd be mad and vote Democrat just for spite! 2 1.45%
No, I'd vote 3rd party if they could get the Wall built at long last 3 2.17%
No, I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and won't vote for him in 2020 either 49 35.51%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 04:01 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have posted his plan several times. Did you miss it? Where was your concern back in 2006 when the actual wall bill was passed with both Schumer and Obama's signatures on it and it was to be soley the taxpayer to fund it? It's not Trump's thing the wall is congress' thing as denoted above.
This is 2019! Here’s an idea, let’s drop the idea of a wall/barrier or whatever your orange god wants to call it. It’s a waste of money, and people that really want to get into this country will find another way. Don’t be so clueless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 04:33 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Say that for whatever reason, Trump doesn't build his Wall. In fact, he doesn't even get started building it. As we all know, stuff happens. Maybe the Democrats come up with some diabolical way of opposing it that cuts off all Trump's options. Maybe - God forbid - there's a new horrific war in the Middle East or elsewhere that requires our all and building the Wall must be postponed. Any number of things are possible even if they don't seem very probable right now.

Would no Wall mean the end of your support for Trump? Would you vote Democrat in such a case? Not vote at all? Go for a third party candidate? Please vote in this poll and if you wish, discuss the reasons for your choice.
I never supported Trump so I didn't vote in your poll.

That said - pretty sure this would not have been a deal breaker for Trump supporters until he made it one.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:37 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
This is 2019! Here’s an idea, let’s drop the idea of a wall/barrier or whatever your orange god wants to call it. It’s a waste of money, and people that really want to get into this country will find another way. Don’t be so clueless!
You're the clueless one and an insulting one to boot with your juvenile reference to the president. I have posted several links proving that the good walls do work and still do in 2019 including those from the Border Patrol and Homeland Security but you know better than them, right? It's no waste of money because it's effective in deterring illegal entry and is also cost effective when you compare the costs of the wall vs the annual costs of illegal immigration. But you know better, right? Sure some will still find their way into our country but deterring 80% of them isn't good enough? It has to be 100% effective not to be a waste????? WTH? Go away, already.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:38 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
It would seem from this poll that the base will not desert trump if there is no wall.

So......great!!

Let's open the government--the only reason Trump is being a brat is because Ann Coulter told him none of the Trumpies would vote for him.

Could someone please pass this on to Coulter, Ingraham, Hannity, ad nauseum, so we can open the government?

Old 01-17-2019, 04:48 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Then tell your heros Cryin' Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi to start negotiating. Otherwise we can keep the government shut down for another two years.

Oh - and before you do that -- tell the entire lot of them to get back here from their little vacation trip to the Caribean.

Let it stay shut down. The longer its down, the more support he loses. Just wonder what does it take for this guy to do, before you just have to say thats too far. Thats crossing the line. He knows no bounds to get what he wants. He's not use to making deals that will affect millions of people. Not just a few at a time he refuses to pay. This is the best thing he could of done to harm himself. Taking away people's livelihood can really turn them against you. Good work there orange man.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:49 PM

528 posts, read 227,295 times
Yes. Hes a republican

Old 01-17-2019, 04:51 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
So, obviously we don't need the Wall....since it won't help Trump!

Old 01-17-2019, 04:56 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Yes I'm still voting for him. We needed a president with some balls.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:03 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yes I'm still voting for him. We needed a president with some balls.
The Dems have sold us out with open borders, asylum for all, and sanctuary cities. He was really was the only choice.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:48 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Let it stay shut down. The longer its down, the more support he loses. Just wonder what does it take for this guy to do, before you just have to say thats too far. Thats crossing the line. He knows no bounds to get what he wants. He's not use to making deals that will affect millions of people. Not just a few at a time he refuses to pay. This is the best thing he could of done to harm himself. Taking away people's livelihood can really turn them against you. Good work there orange man.
I think you have it backwards, the longer it stays shutdown, the more the dems will be blamed, after all, it is them holding this up.

I will say though, the first side to cave in this, is going to be seen as weak and pathetic...there is just no way around that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies