Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 07:50 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I highly recommend that O’Rourke fans read the transcript of the interview. O’Rourke came out of it looking about as politically-aware as a sack of rocks. He needs to do some serious studying if he wants to elevate his position in American politics.
You are suggesting this as though it is attractive to them... I don't think they care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 07:50 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
“I’m hesitant to answer it because I really feel like it deserves its due, and I don’t want to give you a — actually, just selfishly, I don’t want a sound bite of it reported, but, yeah, I think that’s the question of the moment: Does this still work?” O’Rourke said. “Can an empire like ours with military presence in over 170 countries around the globe, with trading relationships…and security agreements in every continent, can it still be managed by the same principles that were set down 230-plus years ago?
[/indent][/indent]Beto O'Rourke Suggests America Should Ditch The Constitution

(can you imagine what a Constitution would look like if O-C, Mad Maxine, and Pelosi got to write it)
Where does this quote suggest tearing up the Constitution?

Old 01-17-2019, 07:51 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Tramp supporters are very scared of Beto. Must start attacking now.

How is this an attack?

Beta says the principles of the US Constitution our invalid due to their age. Can you tell us what principles you guys want to throw out?

Old 01-17-2019, 07:53 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,617 times
this guy is like the half white half mexican version of obama.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:54 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
The word “attack” will soon join “racist” in the pile of words whose meaning was destroyed by humans.

Apparently *any* discussion of a politician in anything less than a flattering light is now an “attack”.

Grow up, people. Such silliness.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:00 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
At the end of the Constitutional Convention, George Washington said, "I do not expect the Constitution to last for more than 20 years." Most of the framers thought that the constitution would be subject to conventions on a fairly regular basis.

Originalists are wrong.
Well he was right, its been amended multiple times.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:00 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
The word “attack” will soon join “racist” in the pile of words whose meaning was destroyed by humans.

Apparently *any* discussion of a politician in anything less than a flattering light is now an “attack”.

Grow up, people. Such silliness.
Don't forget about the word "sexist" having lost its meaning.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:02 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How is this an attack?

Beta says the principles of the US Constitution our invalid due to their age. Can you tell us what principles you guys want to throw out?
The Constitution does have Amendments. But since your argument is coming off so strong I could be wrong.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:03 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
I don't think the American people are going to let some Democrat rear up a constitution which many of their forefathers fought and died for.

I am just surprised any sane US Politician would even suggest such a thing.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:04 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,897,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
At the end of the Constitutional Convention, George Washington said, "I do not expect the Constitution to last for more than 20 years." Most of the framers thought that the constitution would be subject to conventions on a fairly regular basis.

Originalists are wrong.
Exactly, Thomas Jefferson thought the dead should not rule the living and thought it should be rewritten every 20 years, James Madison thought the same thing. These idiots don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies