Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2019, 10:36 PM

32,095 posts, read 15,096,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Why is the shutdown a failure?
Our economy will tank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 10:47 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,382,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our economy will tank.
How will that happen?

Old 01-21-2019, 12:04 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,588,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Why is the shutdown a failure?
Because it has not and will not get him the wall he wants. In the process he has antagonized much of the population, including many Republicans.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:21 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,382,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Because it has not and will not get him the wall he wants. In the process he has antagonized much of the population, including many Republicans.
I think we should wait and see if it doesn't get him that wall.

He hasn't antagonized me that much.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:34 AM

37,151 posts, read 42,256,168 times
I don't know what's up with Pelosi. She seems hell bent on not being around so she's either plotting something or waiting for something to happen. I think she's also being challenged by younger members of Congress who aren't seeing her as the wise and powerful leader of the Dems so much as and old lady standing in their way. It's interesting times for sure.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:57 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,716,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
People have tried but CNN and MSNBC won't show up and just say no too. We need real solutions.

This is between Trump and Nancy and they need to decide it or let the next election decide it.

Congress is well known for handing over their responsibility. This time everyone needs to do their own job. No handing it off to others.
The individuals who intervened were from Fox News and good old Rush, you know the guy with the drug problems who's been preaching to the right wing for years. I don't remember any of them being elected, but since Trump decided to abdicate to them, maybe you think that the Democrats should negotiate directly with them. You throwing CNN & MSNBC up as a smokescreen is just that - a smokescreen.

Trump has a long, long history of reneging on his word. I first heard about him refusing to pay contractors in Atlantic City in 1989. Nothing political about that. It does mean that he's not to be trusted.

He made a deal and reneged on it. He said that he'd be proud to claim the shutdown. Tossing out suggestions on camera or on Twitter is not negotiating.

The wall is a joke. There are still areas of the 2006 fencing tied up in court because the landowners don't want it. Democrats are good with replacing old fencing. He still has unused money from last year. Apparently, you don't understand the use it or lose it concept of government spending.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:47 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,772,698 times
Pelosi's job is so simple, a monkey could do it.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:16 AM

20,155 posts, read 9,055,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't know what's up with Pelosi. She seems hell bent on not being around so she's either plotting something or waiting for something to happen. I think she's also being challenged by younger members of Congress who aren't seeing her as the wise and powerful leader of the Dems so much as and old lady standing in their way. It's interesting times for sure.
Pelosi bargained with the progressive wing to oppose border fencing for their vote to make her Speaker. These poor out-of-work government workers have become the pawns for getting Pelosi elected Speaker.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:20 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,687,256 times
trump is the only one responsible for this. He shot his mouth off and said he would make Mexico pay for his wall now he is trying to hold the Federal goverment hostage for something he lied about. She is treating him like a little kid that got caught in a lie ,good for her.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:22 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,346,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Should Pelosi resign after failing in leadership and failing to do her job working for the people ?

Negative Nancy needs to go !!! Should resign now !!!

Her job is to find solutions and negotiate with other members of gov. in the interest of the American people.

She says no to negotiations and won't work towards a compromise or any kind of deal. The gov. is in a partial shutdown but Nancy is in a total shutdown and won't do her job.

Nancy Pelosi Says ‘No’
https://politicalwire.com/2019/01/12...elosi-says-no/

Pelosi says 'no
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...ye-bye-n956836
I think you mean trump. He said he would be proud to shut down the govt and is trying to waste money on a wall that hasn't been proven effective and majority of people don't want
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies