Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2019, 04:02 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,310,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh really ! Please enlighten us as to exactly WHAT Trump has accomplished. I must have missed something , his healthcare plan failed, his tariffs hurt more people here than abroad, his immigration program brought him nothing but trouble, his wall...…...hahahahahaha, and his big summit with Kim went nowhere.

We are dying to hear all the wonderful things he has accomplished....tap, tap, tap...
Hey! He got the Nobel Peac...

Oh. Wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 04:07 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,882,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
No results? You might not like them but he achieved a lot more than Obama in his first 2 years.
Please elucidate.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:14 PM

57,405 posts, read 26,409,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
No results? You might not like them but he achieved a lot more than Obama in his first 2 years.
Trump is finding out how difficult it is to negotiate with other countries and adversaries. It’s easy to criticize the Iran deal which involved several countries here he is winging it avoiding his own advisors. Did he really expect Kim to give up all his nuclear facilities and allow inspectors in his country. I guess talking is a positive and NK hasn’t fired middles for over a year but this isn’t going anywhere fast. I don’t understand why he needed to bail so rapidly, what was the harm in spending another day.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:18 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,882,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump is finding out how difficult it is to negotiate with other countries and adversaries. It’s easy to criticize the Iran deal which involved several countries here he is winging it avoiding his own advisors. Did he really expect Kim to give up all his nuclear facilities and allow inspectors in his country. I guess talking is a positive and NK hasn’t fired middles for over a year but this isn’t going anywhere fast. I don’t understand why he needed to bail so rapidly, what was the harm in spending another day.
Pompeo said they weren't going to denuclearize. I'm no fan of Pompeo, but at least he knew what he was talking about. Instead of listening to people who know what they're doing, who've done their homework, Trump would rather bumble onto the scene like one of the three stooges, just to walk away with his ass handed to him. He never learns.

20,944 posts, read 8,732,562 times
If this were reality TV, would Trump fire himself?

Most definitely YES.

The problem with this who charade, as many here know, is that diplomacy is hard. It's been hard for thousands of years. Trump, probably due to his followers "belief in him" thinks you point a finger, save "love" and that's that.

But the reality is that this situation has been done wrong from day one. It can't be fixed because it wasn't done right - the foundational is weak.

If nothing else I wish a few Trumpies would learn to appreciate my favorite saying "everything is easy for those who don't have to do it".

After so many years of telling us that Government doesn't do anything...or anything right....they actually believe it and think the answer is Reality TV. It's not.

Quote:
I wonder the same.

We all know Individual 1 has very thin skin, and he prefers getting adulation from his base. This may sound crazy, but I wonder if KJU hurt his feelings or insulted him in some way.

It just doesn’t make a ton of sense to skip out like he’s escaping the school bully.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Pompeo said they weren't going to denuclearize. I'm no fan of Pompeo, but at least he knew what he was talking about. Instead of listening to people who know what they're doing, who've done their homework, Trump would rather bumble onto the scene like one of the three stooges, just to walk away with his ass handed to him. He never learns.
Right. ^That’s what happens when you surround yourself with dim-witted fans and yes-people. You start believing your own hype. I think KJU laughed in his face.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:32 PM

51,697 posts, read 25,989,909 times
Quote:
I know.

Being as he and Kim are such good friends and rarely get to see one another, you'd have thought they would've hung out for a couple days. Stretch this time out. Nothing waiting for Trump back here but some awkward questions from reporters.

Maybe once he and Lavrov had their talk, his business there was done. Who knows?

Old 02-28-2019, 04:36 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,345,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Did this summit go as well as the second Obama -Kim summit?
Well considering Cheeto vonTinyhands is the only President who has met and validated Kim, probably not. Everyone else has kept him marginalized on the world stage instead of being bestest buddies and a mutual admiration society with a lunatic.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:37 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,267,969 times
Will Trump now claim he's a war hero after being shot down in Hanoi?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies