Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2019, 09:15 PM

24,651 posts, read 9,477,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
At least Mr Trump, unlike his predecessor the Nobel Peace Prize winner, has managed to met with Mr Kim twice. Note also that Mr Kim has stopped the missile tests.
Yeah, Obama nor Hillary would've ever gotten this close to negotiations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 09:32 PM

57,333 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Shocking and inexcusable! Trump now tries to absolve Kim Jong Un in the death of Otto Warmbier by claiming that the dictator didn't know about his treatment.

This would be unthinkable for any other President. I guess it should be no surprise coming from the guy who blames bad US-Russia relations of "American stupidity" with no mention of Ukraine of Crimea.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/28/w...-warmbier.html
Just imagine the criticism if Obama had made that same statement.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:39 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Big deal ! Trump can meet with Kim 100 times, and all that comes out of it is that Trump gains a few pounds from eating all that pork bulgogi while over there. He is doing nothing except wasting jet fuel for Air Force One. Trump got zero, zilch, nothing out of either meeting. Some negotiator, huh ?

Old 02-28-2019, 09:45 PM

44,637 posts, read 61,661,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Big deal ! Trump can meet with Kim 100 times, and all that comes out of it is that Trump gains a few pounds from eating all that pork bulgogi while over there. He is doing nothing except wasting jet fuel for Air Force One. Trump got zero, zilch, nothing out of either meeting. Some negotiator, huh ?
Yep, "The Art of the Deal", Kim wins. Trump has wasted more taxpayer money than any other president in history. And Trump's followers believe in him, 'dumb and dumber'...

Old 02-28-2019, 09:52 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Funny how you didn't mention Bush jr.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:57 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Yep, "The Art of the Deal", Kim wins. Trump has wasted more taxpayer money than any other president in history. And Trump's followers believe in him, 'dumb and dumber'...
Pretty much sums it up.

Trump got played for a boob, once again.

It's been reported that he was so distracted by Cohen testifying in front of congress that he never prepared for the summit. WINNING!

Old 03-01-2019, 07:30 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Question for the Trumpies: When Trump provided cover for Mohammed bin Salman having ordered the murder and torture of Jamal Khashoggi ("Maybe he did, maybe he didn't") you argued that Khashoggi was not an American citizen so the murder was none of our business. Now Trump has provided cover for Kim Jong-un ("I take him at his word") having ordered the murder and torture of an American citizen--Otto Warmbier. Was Trump right or wrong to have taken Kim's side in this matter? And let me repeat this in case you missed it: Otto Warmbier was an American citizen.

Last edited by r small; 03-01-2019 at 07:56 AM..

Old 03-01-2019, 08:03 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Question for the Trumpies: When Trump provided cover for Mohammed bin Salman having ordered the murder and torture of Jamal Khashoggi ("Maybe he did, maybe he didn't") you argued that Khashoggi was not an American citizen so the murder was none of our business. Now Trump has provided cover for Kim Jong-un ("I take him at his word") having ordered the murder and torture of an American citizen--Otto Warmbier. Was Trump right or wrong to have taken Kim's side in this matter? And let me repeat this in case you missed it: Otto Warmbier was an American citizen.

<crickets>

Old 03-01-2019, 08:05 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I honestly believe trump is scared of Salman and Kim, which can be the only explanation as to why trump publicly defends their atrocious actions. Trump is not exactly a brave hero type of person.

Last edited by jojajn; 03-01-2019 at 08:42 AM..

Old 03-01-2019, 08:38 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump is finding out how difficult it is to negotiate with other countries and adversaries. It’s easy to criticize the Iran deal which involved several countries here he is winging it avoiding his own advisors. Did he really expect Kim to give up all his nuclear facilities and allow inspectors in his country. I guess talking is a positive and NK hasn’t fired middles for over a year but this isn’t going anywhere fast. I don’t understand why he needed to bail so rapidly, what was the harm in spending another day.
It's easy, and it's effective. He basically got elected on ZERO substance, just vilifying everyone else. He took out "Lying Ted", "Little Marco", "Crooked Hillary", etc. He is the master of division, and sadly it works on the uninformed. He was successful in deflecting attention from his own shortcomings by focusing on the flaws of others. Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) has flaws. But Trump was able to get elected on soundbites, telling us why everyone else sucks, and never, not once, telling us HOW he was going to do all that he promised.

No Wall paid by Mexico
No ACA Repacement on Day 1
No real tax relief to the middle class
etc....

I ask again, what is the worst deal. Obama giving Iran back their own money, when it was inevitable that we would have been forced to give them back their money? Or Trump giving unilateral concessions to Kim on the first meeting, only to have Kim continue his Nuke Program. Are you guys (Trump Supporters) finally starting to see that the guy has no substance. His "the world is save from NK" speech was empty. Can you see it now?

We are paying the price now for people eating up his hate, fearmongering and distractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies