Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 10:01 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Chris Rock should go hang out with them in "Nat X" character, making cracks.
ROFL. I call desertdetroiter that sometimes.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:02 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

hopefully some folks out there are compiling these.

[ in case you're curious, she didn't lose her twitter account for making this statement ]
Twitter has rules. One of those rules is no targeted harassment towards an individual or group of people, which is what this person (and several others) did. They also have a rule that you can't be, essentially, hostile towards another person on twitter and insult them.

I was restricted for 12 hours after I called someone a "mouth breathing moron" on Twitter for stating that the kids were racists and needed to be punished.

Tweets like the one above still stand.

I realize they are a private company, and I stand by that. It would be nice, however, if they followed their own rules.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:03 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times
Quote:
What is wrong with your brain? Does it hurt to much too think when emotionally upset?
If you could please answer the question.

Tick tock, tick tock ...

Old 01-24-2019, 10:04 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
This ends, and only ends when the term racist is no longer that offensive. Now, it's crazy how people react to being called racist, and it's crazy what people will do to racists when public scrutiny is shined on them. It's quasi-religious. I can imagine calling someone a witch back in the middle ages. A communist back in the 50s. Or an apostate somewhere in Afghanistan as the only equivalents.

The people who wield the term racist as a weapon are winning because you're fighting on their terms. Better yet, ignore them, downplay why being a racist is a bad thing (it's not, as far as I can see provided the racist doesn't harm anyone, it's just a difference of opinions) and then this will all go away.
The point of racism being a bad thing is that it denies people opportunities and justice. If you're sitting in your trailer in backwoods Montana saying how you hate black people..yeah that's not really hurting anyone. If someone is denied a job, education or housing, or is treated differently by the police or courts because of race..that's a problem that your simple solution will not change.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:05 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Is this the equivalent of "they had it coming"?

like blaming a woman who was raped for "asking for it"

Old 01-24-2019, 10:07 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,880 times
Quote:
The point of racism being a bad thing is that it denies people opportunities and justice. If you're sitting in your trailer in backwoods Montana saying how you hate black people..yeah that's not really hurting anyone. If someone is denied a job, education or housing, or is treated differently by the police or courts because of race..that's a problem that your simple solution will not change.
All racism means is someone who has prejudices based on race. If someone believes Black people are inferior to White people, then the worst that can be said about him is he's mistaken. But I cannot find any moral fault in someone believing the above.

OTOH, if a police officer shoots someone quicker because he's Black, then that's a problem. I was clear to specify "doesn't hurt anyone" as a result.

In reality, saying racism is bad is tantamount to having thought crimes. Which is a problem. We judge people by their actions not by their thoughts in a liberal society.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:07 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
I think in this situation at least, the kid is the victim of bullying. I honestly believe he has been condemned because he is a white boy who supports Donald Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8ZhDGaQMS4

I just watched this video and my heart goes out to him. If he doesn't deserve some monetary compensation, I don't know who does? He looks younger than I thought, he is basically just a scared kid.

So sad that he has been treated this way. It is more scary to think that some people want to ruin his life and his future. He's just a kid. I have three little nephews and one God son. I cannot imagine what the family is going through right now. This is not right.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:08 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Well, hell. We now have people who are in almost total agreement about what a mess this was at each other's throats over...God knows what.

This conversation has jumped the shark, and I am outta here.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:10 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Well, hell. We now have people who are in almost total agreement about what a mess this was at each other's throats over...God knows what.

This conversation has jumped the shark, and I am outta here.
But was it a GREAT WHITE shark?

I kid!

Old 01-24-2019, 10:12 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
All racism means is someone who has prejudices based on race. If someone believes Black people are inferior to White people, then the worst that can be said about him is he's mistaken. But I cannot find any moral fault in someone believing the above.

OTOH, if a police officer shoots someone quicker because he's Black, then that's a problem. I was clear to specify "doesn't hurt anyone" as a result.

In reality, saying racism is bad is tantamount to having thought crimes. Which is a problem. We judge people by their actions not by their thoughts in a liberal society.
Yeah, that isn't really what racism is. It isn't just prejudice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies