Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 08:09 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Ohio's governor Mike De Wine just signed a common sense abortion bill to ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat is heard. He knows the bill will be immediately challenged by Planned Parenthood in court. The goal is for the case to be heard by the Supreme Court as a vehicle to overturn Roe v Wade. With Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett all new to the court, maybe we can rid America of this Neanderthal practice of abortion. Just like the evil Slavery ruling was reversed, all evil eventually falls.

Also related is the so-called Catholic governor of New York signing horrible new abortion law, which allows pretty much anybody to perform an abortion. Hopefully this hideous law, too, will land on the ash heap of history.

So we're eagerly awaiting your arrival, Justice Amy!
Yes, Yes!!! PUH-LEEEEEEZE overturn Roe!! Do it Republicans! I’m begging you. Then I could quit my job and become a very successful Democratic fundraiser. Hell, I could even do that job from home. I’d make a mint, and I wouldn’t even have to work hard to solicit donations. My Bluetooth headset would start smoking after a week.

That gift would never quit giving!

Old 01-25-2019, 08:13 AM

958 posts, read 304,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yes, Yes!!! PUH-LEEEEEEZE overturn Roe!! Do it Republicans! I’m begging you.

That gift would never quit giving!

Here's the thing. You leftwingers view everything as a political calculation. We conservatives do not view abortion that way. We want it made illegal because it is the absolute RIGHT thing to do. Although I think it's also a great move politically, that is irrelevant.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So your goal is to force women to give birth against their will. At least you don't deny it.
If a person jumps off a building, it's like saying someone WANTS them to hit the ground. It's ludicrous. WHO made the decision for that person to jump? Not me.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So your goal is to force women to give birth against their will. At least you don't deny it.
It's like saying if someone jumps off a cliff, I FORCE them to hit the ground. Who made the decision to for them to jump? They did.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:40 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Politically, Republicans overturning Roe would be the dumbest move they could possibly make.

If you think support for R’s among suburban women is low now.......

Old 01-25-2019, 05:52 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Here's the thing. You leftwingers view everything as a political calculation. We conservatives do not view abortion that way. We want it made illegal because it is the absolute RIGHT thing to do. Although I think it's also a great move politically, that is irrelevant.
You so-called pro-lifers crack me up. Really want to be pro-life?

How about funding health care for all?

How about regulating firearms?

How about calling for more funding of education?

How about NOT watering down environmental regulations?

Seems like ya'll think life begins at conception....and ends at birth, given the attention you devote to a fetus, and little to people once they enter the world.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:13 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:

Why? Because the bible says it is wrong?

Newsflash....the United States doesn't have a state sponsored religion, and the United States is not a theocracy.

Additionally, no one died and made you the arbiter of who is or isn't a 'leftwinger'.

My views on different matters are all over the spectrum, I'm pro-choice, and I'm certainly not a 'leftwinger'.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:15 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
It's like saying if someone jumps off a cliff, I FORCE them to hit the ground. Who made the decision to for them to jump? They did.

Are you a male or a female?

Old 01-25-2019, 06:18 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times
I don’t think Barrett would want her name dragged through the mud.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:19 PM

1,279 posts, read 853,049 times
Quote:
Ohio's governor Mike De Wine just signed a common sense abortion bill to ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat is heard. He knows the bill will be immediately challenged by Planned Parenthood in court. The goal is for the case to be heard by the Supreme Court as a vehicle to overturn Roe v Wade. With Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett all new to the court, maybe we can rid America of this Neanderthal practice of abortion. Just like the evil Slavery ruling was reversed, all evil eventually falls.

Also related is the so-called Catholic governor of New York signing horrible new abortion law, which allows pretty much anybody to perform an abortion. Hopefully this hideous law, too, will land on the ash heap of history.

So we're eagerly awaiting your arrival, Justice Amy!
No. There are plenty of smarter conservative lawyers. She didn’t even go to a top-15 law school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies