Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 02:15 PM

524 posts, read 579,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Why Can't Conservatives Admit that the Trump is a Corrupt Con Man?

To do so would imply that they themselves have been conned. Pride will not allow it, so they must construct an alternate reality with alternative facts that hold their sense of self-worth and honor intact.

Classic cognitive dissonance.
100% this. If they admitted what he is, they have to admit that they were conned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 02:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,208,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
As a Trump supporter, I just don't see it. Just on GP, I personally think that if the IRS or FBI were sicced on anyone in politics--they'd find something wrong with someone and/or anyone linked to it, especially if its as little as a process crime. A billionaire, with business ventures world wide, stretching back 40 years is bound to turn up with something, no matter how small. JMPO

What democrats have turned up is essentially little to nothing--people with unpaid taxes, and lying about not talking to certain people prior to the election or "failing to register as a foreign agent" 10-15 years ago. I need something concrete.
Trump University does not give you the least bit of a hint to what a POS Trump is? Really? And your making light of his administration people and cronies working for a foreign adversary is pathetic comrade.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:20 PM

10,557 posts, read 6,219,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You might as well call us all deplorables, is worked out great for the last old hag who tried it.
Trump calls people names all the time but you worship him.
I don't think name-calling is a big issue with you guys.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:21 PM

10,512 posts, read 5,211,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
As a Trump supporter, I just don't see it. ... What democrats have turned up is essentially little to nothing--people with unpaid taxes, and lying about not talking to certain people prior to the election or "failing to register as a foreign agent" 10-15 years ago. I need something concrete.
That's fair. It sounds like you are open to changing your mind if the final Mueller report produces something more "concrete." Personally, I think we've got six bags of cement, a pile of gravel and a tank of water -- all the ingredients for concrete are there. But reasonable minds can differ.

Problem is, many of your fellow supporters aren't open to receiving something more concrete. That's what I don't get, the outright denial and embracing unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:21 PM

18,485 posts, read 7,155,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
4 people sentenced to prison
7 guilty pleas
37 people and entities charged
199 criminal counts

When a large chunk of Trump's inner circle is in jail, served time or has been indicted, isn't that an obvious factual clue that the entire Trump White House is crooked, corrupt and criminal, including the president himself?

What's it going to take for conservatives to finally admit that Trump is a corrupt con man and Republicans should no longer support him?

1. None of those people are Trump.

2. The vast majority of crimes/indictments are for process crimes generated by the investigation itself.

How many crimes that has anyone been indicted for actually pre-date the investigation?

How many actually have anything to do with Russia or Russian collusion?

3. If the Obama administration or Hillary's campaign were investigated with the same amount of scrutiny as has been directed at Trump/Russia.....do you really think they'd all come out squeaky clean?

Old 01-26-2019, 02:23 PM

7,537 posts, read 4,414,551 times
Quote:

To do so would imply that they themselves have been conned. Pride will not allow it, so they must construct an alternate reality with alternative facts that hold their sense of self-worth and honor intact.

Why can't Liberals admit that the Clinton's, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Congressman Robert Brady, Sen. Bob Menendez, Rahm Emanuel, Sheldon Silver, Leyland Yee, Ray Nagin, Alan Cranston, Kwame M. Kilpatrick, Rod Blagojevich, John Edwards, Harry Reid, Andrew Cuomo etc. are corrupt?

Classic cognitive dissonance. See how that works?

14,887 posts, read 10,089,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Trump calls people names all the time but you worship him.
I don't think name-calling is a big issue with you guys.
I don't worship Trump, I've never worshiped Trump and I don't plan to ever start to worship Trump or any other human for that matter. Please don't confuse me with your average democrat Obama lover. Trump is nothing more than a politician to me.

12,372 posts, read 9,351,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Because we don't judge people based on the actions/mistakes/crimes or accusations of others.

Trump said he's only hire the BEST people so we can judge him by these people he put in key places in his campaign, etc. He surrounds himself with corrupt people for a reason and we can judge that.

Quote:

I agree.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
That's fair. It sounds like you are open to changing your mind if the final Mueller report produces something more "concrete." Personally, I think we've got six bags of cement, a pile of gravel and a tank of water -- all the ingredients for concrete are there. But reasonable minds can differ.

Problem is, many of your fellow supporters aren't open to receiving something more concrete. That's what I don't get, the outright denial and embracing unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.
I've said more than a few times here on CD that if it is proven (with credible evidence) that Donald Trump conspired or colluded with the Russian government to steal the POTUS election I want to see him removed from office. If the best Mueller comes up with are Facebook ads trying to convince people to vote for Trump, I was our President to be allowed to do his job and for democrats to get out of his way.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump said he's only hire the BEST people so we can judge him by these people he put in key places in his campaign, etc. He surrounds himself with corrupt people for a reason and we can judge that.

I agree.
You can judge him however you like, that's up to you and I support your right to do that. I tend to look at things a little differently. I've had more than 1 close friend and business associate get caught cheating on their spouse over the years. People I was close to and trusted. I don't think that means that people should suspect me of cheating on my wife, that **** isn't contagious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies