Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in man made climate change?
Yes 123 59.42%
No 84 40.58%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 11:09 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,657 times

Advertisements

Do you or do you not believe in man made climate change? Care to discuss your views?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 11:12 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,657 times
I’ll start. For me it’s an obvious yes. I have read several studies and our world is warming at an alarming rate. I will not be purchasing any beach front property. That’s for sure.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:15 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Build a house. Put n a family of four or five. See how the house is impacted after a month, a year, a decade, a lifetime.

I think it is impossible to believe that billions of people who have lived on the earth has not changed the climate in some way through a detrimental approach to Earth. The comparison to a house is not perfect, but face it, after fifty years, that house is going to be different than it was when it was built.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:52 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ll start. For me it’s an obvious yes. I have read several studies and our world is warming at an alarming rate. I will not be purchasing any beach front property. That’s for sure.

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sl...tml?id=8518750

Old 01-27-2019, 12:22 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
With mans daily use of 100 million barrels of fossil fuel it would make sense to me that there was some environmental impact with such a course of action. Climatologists say extreme weather is a major consequence.ok sounds reasonable to me.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:43 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
sure the earth's temp is changing. It has always changed even before men were roaming the planet but to suggest that politicians and globalists can control the earth's temperature by taxing to death fossil fuels to a point that it will hurt the poor people around the world is laughable.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:53 AM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Yes I believe burning all those carbons changes the climate to some extent and we are also polluting the environment worldwide with plastic.

I'm not sure what the solution is to stop it because I sure as hell don't trust any group to give them money and believe anything will change other than their enrichment at my expense.

Old 01-27-2019, 01:05 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
CLIMATE ALARMISM IS A HOAX
Remember, climate is what you expect - weather is what you get.
And also remember, that if you're 'trapping heat' but the land and atmosphere is colder than orbiting spaceships and moons with no atmosphere, reconsider your alarmist rhetoric.
. . .
Of course, do not let facts sway you in your beliefs in the Church of the Warming Planet. You have a right to practice whatever religion you wish.
. . . .
The globalists hope to use fear of anthropogenic climate change as a goad to trick people into surrendering to them. So far, it isn’t working. One reason is that though the climate is changing, the evidence does not support the claim that human activity is the primary factor.
. . . .
NORTHWEST PASSAGE YACHT SINKS IN THICK ICE
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...thick-ice/amp/
ICE CAP DIDN'T MELT?
The sunken vessel Anahita, like about a dozen other yachts, was on its way east-west through the Northwest Passage. This summer, however, the ice in the Arctic is persistent. Unlike in previous years, so far there has not been a clear path.
[SHAKES FIST AT SKY]
CURSE YOU GLOBAL WARMING!
. . . .
. . . .
Alarmist Nonsense Is Not New !
In the 1958 film “Indiscreet,” while riding an elevator, Cary Grant’s character mentions that the recent humid weather in London is due to CLIMATE CHANGE.

Ingrid Bergman : “It’s unusual for the weather to be so muggy this time of year.”
Cary Grant : “I read an article the other day that claimed the world’s weather was changing.”
Ingrid Bergman : “Oh, really? That’s interesting.”
Cary Grant : “Yes, isn’t it?”

< < LOL > >
Any weather oddity is automagically ascribed to CLIMATE CHANGE !
. . . .
97% AGREE
Science is not based on majority vote nor consensus.
Either a fact exists or it does NOT.
Anthropogenic Global Climate Change is not a fact.
Conjecture about future climate change and its causes is not a fact, but guesswork, educated or not.

Failed predictions by Alarmists is prima facie evidence that the "settled science" of AGCC is neither settled nor science, but speculation, promulgated by those who wish to "tax air."

In the Church of the Warming Planet, irrelevant scientists are not allowed to worship.

● SCIENCE n. - The systematic study of the nature and behavior of the material and physical universe, based on observation, experiment, and measurement, and the formulation of laws to describe these facts in general terms.

● RELIGION n. - A particular variety of belief, especially when organized into a system of doctrine and practice.
. . . .
The Alarmists are not seeking common sense remedies to cope with change. They are seeking enrichment and power, which leads one to suspect that it is a HOAX.
. . .
No 'respectable' climate scientist admits that we can REVERSE the changes, nor specifies what is the official “normal.” Which begs the question, how does sequestering CO2 prevent the alleged disasters that have yet to manifest, when water vapor is the major greenhouse gas?

If anthropogenic climate change wasn't a hoax, we might see common sense initiatives like:
1) 80% transition to electric traction rail in place of long haul diesel trucking, urban and suburban mass transit. Not only will it save 90-95% in fuel, allow for energy recovery braking, but reduce petroleum consumption below domestic production.
2) Superinsulation, energy conservation, resilient and frugal housing. Housing consumes a substantial amount of resources to build, repair, and maintain. Ditto, for dealing with natural disasters.
3) Securing coastlines and recovering seafloor not unlike the Netherlands, with extensive levees and flood protection.

Old 01-27-2019, 01:06 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post

I believe GHCN v.3 is bull ****!

Old 01-27-2019, 01:07 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,122,865 times
Yes, but it is dramtically exaggerated. Anyone paying attention knows this factually by all the communications that have been intercepted between scientists talking about how is is a shame that the data does not show more warming, and at the times they need it to. But anyone who thinks that the world is going to end in twelve years should ask themselves why Al gore bought oceanfront property 15 years ago while pronouncing that we had ten years before the water levels swallow up the shores.

So you should have a third choice:

--Yes, I believe that carbon is a greenhouse gas. And anthropogenic global warming is a concern. But it seems to be happening slowly enough that we can mitigate it with rational choices that do no involve destroying the world economy, going back to the stone age, taxing people into poverty, or ceding control of our energy policy to faceless, international bureaucrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies