Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 01:54 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Spin it however you want. The facts still remain. And those facts are: 58,000 non-citizens voted during that time period. Sorry that it makes you uncomfortable to hear that.

The point is that many non-citizens lied and said they were citizens---not just in TX either.

Stop making excuses for those 58,000 who voted. Voter fraud does happen more frequently than you may think.
It's not fact. It's being investigated to determine the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 02:05 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Ms. Juanita Jean over at the world's most dangerous beauty salon says in 2014, the last year she could find, 52000 became citizens in Texas. I think double checking is in order.

I need to renew my Texas driver's license. I have to take my current TDL, SS card and proof of USA citizenship. I have had a TDL since age 16. They got my fingerprints a long time ago.

That motor voter registration could account for this. But not the voting. I was checking the voter list for a petition drive and discovered a friends name on the registered voter list. When I told her, she was shocked. She came with oil company employed DH from Britain. She speculates that when filling out all those cards to register their cars and get a TDL, she probably filled out the voter registration card. She never voted.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:21 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Wow it must be true. I read it on the internet. Not!

Old 01-28-2019, 02:36 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
That's about 2522 per year.

2522 votes in Florida could easily change who becomes President in 2000.

Note that it's been stated some of them voted numerous times.

Bottom line is whether it's 1 vote or 58K it needs to be addressed.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:36 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Rather than play the circle jerk game with people who couldn't care any less about facts, I ask: Do you support non-citizens having the right to vote?
Federal or state elections, no.

But local elections, I'm not against non-citizens voting. There are plenty of non-citizens here who are here on legal visas. I'm not against letting them have a say in their local community.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

That motor voter registration could account for this. But not the voting. I was checking the voter list for a petition drive and discovered a friends name on the registered voter list. When I told her, she was shocked. She came with oil company employed DH from Britain. She speculates that when filling out all those cards to register their cars and get a TDL, she probably filled out the voter registration card. She never voted.

That will definitely be a source, the state cannot require proof of citizenship.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:38 PM

2,417 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Spin it however you want. The facts still remain. And those facts are: 58,000 non-citizens voted during that time period. Sorry that it makes you uncomfortable to hear that.

The point is that many non-citizens lied and said they were citizens---not just in TX either.

Stop making excuses for those 58,000 who voted. Voter fraud does happen more frequently than you may think.
No, this is simply not true. 58,000 people voted who used non-citizen ID when they got their drivers license. That is not the same thing. Can't you see that? In the 6 years that a non-citizen had the same drivers license, he or should may have become a citizen and voted. This is legal. We don't know how many. It could be all of them. Or none of them (unlikely). Over 50,000 people become citizens in Texas EVERY YEAR. That 58,000 figure is over a 13 year period. Saying that 58,000 non-citizens voted is not correct. They don't know if those people were citizens or not and that is why they were flagged to be checked. I'm not making excuses. I am going by the facts. Texas record keeping doesn't appear to be very good, so we simply don't know. What we know is that Texas doesn't know either and they's why they're looking into it.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:40 PM

2,417 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
2522 votes in Florida could easily change who becomes President in 2000.

Note that it's been stated some of them voted numerous times.

Bottom line is whether it's 1 vote or 58K it needs to be addressed.
Yes and that's what they're doing.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Yes and that's what they're doing.

The root cause needs to be addressed, the motor voter legislation needs to be changed to allow states to require proof of citizenship for voter registration and it should be mandated they require that proof. It's that law that prevents them from requiring proof, even the federal form which can be obtained independently. They are left to the honor sytem because they will have the required documentation to register.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:55 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's not fact. It's being investigated to determine the facts.

I'm speaking in generalities. It's a fact that voter fraud has happened many times. It's a fact that illegals have been caught voting and been arrested for it. This is a nationwide problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies