Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump double down on building the border wall during this SOTU, or will he capitulate to Pelosi
Double down 72 86.75%
Capitulate 11 13.25%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 05:43 PM

51,656 posts, read 25,878,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
If it's powerful and uplifting it will be his first. Just sayin.
But what new the chances, really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 05:46 PM

Republicans in Congress are expected to cheer and clap wildly in response to Trump's word salad lies.

All of this will be on camera, of course.

What fun.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:49 PM

This looks like a fair drinking game.

When you hear a word on your selected list of drink words - take a drink*! We recommend something domestic - we are drinking for America after all.?

2019 Trump State of the Union Drinking Game

Old 02-04-2019, 06:42 PM

2,070 posts, read 897,638 times
Speech writer stephen miller, hair today, gone tomorrow ...lol.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-pol-stephen-miller-hair-20181216-story.html

Old 02-04-2019, 07:24 PM

14,804 posts, read 8,133,631 times
Quote:
State of the Union will focus on unity
That is rich considering he has spent every day possible trying to divide our Country.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:44 PM

11,284 posts, read 11,053,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
No one new is going to buy his agenda. And many previous purchasers are suffering from buyer's remorse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What I expect is Trump once again displaying his idea of 'unity' being everyone conforming to his view of the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
There is an actual book in Las Vegas as to how many lies trump will tell in his speech!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
trumps speech will be nothing more than a litany of bs/embelishments and outright lies.To be sure to sound good to his gullible base.
I hope all of you are wrong. While leftists like you are hoping for anything negative, I, as well as many Americans, are hoping he pushes through all the liberal obstructionist BS and makes progress on his promises.

We all know why you hate him. The balance and prosperity of your party rests on his failure.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:05 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,092,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I hope all of you are wrong. While leftists like you are hoping for anything negative, I, as well as many Americans, are hoping he pushes through all the liberal obstructionist BS and makes progress on his promises.

We all know why you hate him. The balance and prosperity of your party rests on his failure.
what about centerists?

reasons people dislike Trump

1.he is owned by Russia
2.he is Putin's puppet
3.he admires Hitler
4.he lies
5.he was raised by and admires a klan man and nazi sympathizer (dad)

need I go on????

Old 02-04-2019, 08:39 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,681,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

He (or anyone like him) is not going to suddenly change, turn into a different person. He doesn't know how to unify the country and if he attempts to sound as if he does, it cannot be taken seriously, having proven by his manner and actions that he is insincere and incapable of being more human. Sadly.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:30 PM

20,765 posts, read 8,609,188 times
Default State of the Union thread

I'm starting this early mainly because I wanted to give you all a look at Trump's guests tomorrow. I have seen and heard a couple of them already so the two I really want to see are the two little kids -- the little girl with cancer and the little Trump boy (no relation) who was bullied at school just because of his name. I'd like to see a followup on him going back to school to see how his teachers and classmates will treat him. It's unclear if this little girl is healing or is terminal and the recipient of the Right to Try experiment treatment. What a thrill for any little kid to be at any State of the Union address and meet the President!
https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/...campaign=1600d

As for the Dems' 'guest' I hope ICE deports her immediately afterward. Of course, Fancy Nancy will probably offer her citizenship and a job as her maid in her walled compound.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

As for the Dems' 'guest' I hope ICE deports her immediately afterward. Of course, Fancy Nancy will probably offer her citizenship and a job as her maid in her walled compound.
Oh, come on now...

She was a trusted tRump employee for many years, including half of his term in the WH.

Until the media found out she was one of dozens of illegals employed at his golf clubs.

At that point tRump canned her.

Very sad.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies