Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 09:16 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,991,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It's alarming that a 36 year old would ever think this was ok. At the very least, he will receive a lifetime blacklist from ever working in the entertainment industry again.
Nah. They dont care about that. The bond of TDS is just too strong. The guy can act and sing. They will let a bit of time pass, and sliiiiiiide him back into something.

Quote:
He might have to go into hiding after this. He made 4 demographics looks bad at one time: black people, gay people, liberals, and hate crime victims.
Nah again. Normal black and gay people wont be judged over this nonsense, why would they? Liberals and hate crime victims will certianly be looked at with a seasoned eye though. Pity about real hate crime victims, but fools like Smollet creaty the atmosphere of distrust..

Old 02-18-2019, 09:16 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
CWB Chicago has some updates posted:
https://twitter.com/CWBChicago/statu...83635099062272

Sounds like he could face federal terrorism hoax charges..IF they tie the letter to him.
This one line paragraph seemingly bried in the story really made my ears go up.

Meanwhile, the Osundairo brothers are reportedly holed up in a Chicago hotel with police protection.

Why do these guys need round the clock police protection? When you read something like this it makes you wonder where this is all going. How high up does this go?

Old 02-18-2019, 09:19 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
Quote:
It's alarming that a 36 year old would ever think this was ok. At the very least, he will receive a lifetime blacklist from ever working in the entertainment industry again.

He might have to go into hiding after this. He made 4 demographics looks bad at one time: black people, gay people, liberals, and hate crime victims.
More than that. What about White people? Trump Supporters, etc...

Old 02-18-2019, 09:23 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post

Meanwhile, the Osundairo brothers are reportedly holed up in a Chicago hotel with police protection.

Why do these guys need round the clock police protection? When you read something like this it makes you wonder where this is all going. How high up does this go?
The police are trying to keep anyone from contacting them. Threats, payoffs, to change their story, etc. It warms my heart to see them taking this case seriously.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:24 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
This story is all over MSM.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:

I dont think this goes up very high. They dont want a couple of goobers taking a whack at them. Or a couple of far left types doing it, for making them look bad.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The police are trying to keep anyone from contacting them. Threats, payoffs, to change their story, etc. It warms my heart to see them taking this case seriously.
Yep. CPD dont want this stink rolling back on them either. They have enough credibility problems as it is.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:26 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
All these sources keep saying that the brothers stated it was supposed to happen before or by January 29th.

What bugs me the most about that is there's no "rest of the story".

Did none of these people ask the obvious next question?

"Why?"
They were stooges being paid well for doing little. They may have felt it wasn't their place to ask why, or they assumed it had something to do with his schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
You keep saying this. Got any links?
The links were provided early this morning and so much has been posted since, that's going to be tough to go back and find. It will come up again and when I see it, I'll post a link for you.

I know you weren't asking me, but I believe I referenced this before others did, and that may be why they're repeating it.

Quote:

It's possible the cops are calling it protection when they really just don't want Jussie to pay them more money to get them to shut up. So it may be more like 24-hour observation rather than protection.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
This story is all over MSM.
Cant run from it now, as much as they want to.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:28 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:

I disagree. The only people he made look bad were the fools that blindly believed him despite evidence to the contrary. So-called reporters have the most egg on their face, followed by the two idiot senators and Pelosi who, like a weasel, deleted her supportive tweets.

Jussie laid a trap and the deranged fell in it.

He did not make true victims look bad nor did he make blacks or gays look bad unless they acted the fool like Lee Daniels. Jussie’s behavior does not influence my opinion of any of those you mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies