Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 02:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
"Smollett explained that as a result of the attack, he was left bruised but his ribs were not cracked. He sought medical treatment right away, but he was not hospitalized"

He didn't say he had bruised ribs.
From his show:

Quote:
I was bruised but my ribs were not cracked. They were not broken.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:42 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Except, Chicago has the most advanced surveillance camera network in the country.

https://wgntv.com/2016/02/22/are-sur...chicago-safer/
Exactly. There's only a one minute lapse in surveillance camera video in which the alleged attack was supposed to have happened. Add to that the fact that Smollett is on video after the alleged attack carrying his Subway sandwich, intact. That's just simply not plausible.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
If he had very minor injuries, there is no need to make up a story. The whole thing would be a non-event.

He never claimed he had broken ribs. As a matter of fact, he states as much during his show last night.

I do not think he is keeping the phone info from the cops. If you have proof cops still don’t have the requested info, please provide.

Lots of crimes don’t happen in front of cameras.
I never said he had broken ribs.

The proof you're seeking is in the thread and online.

And nobody is saying the crime would be on camera - but the presence of the thugs sure as hell should be on ONE of the camera's they've looked at!!!!!!!

Think, people - this isn't rocket science. If you claim someone went into your home and beat you, and your security cameras show nobody entering or exiting your home during the time you said you were attacked - what do YOU think the truth is???

Old 02-03-2019, 02:47 PM

18,453 posts, read 8,282,661 times
He got attacked by two big bubbas, a rope put around his neck...punched...they poured bleach on him.... fought them both off...while on the phone with his manager.....picked up his sandwich..put himself back together.....and walked to where the next camera picked him up again

....in less than 1 minute......LOL

“I’m the gay Tupac, I’m the gay Tupac, I’m the gay Tupac” …

Last edited by Corrie22; 02-03-2019 at 03:01 PM..

Old 02-03-2019, 02:49 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The defenders keep posting the same things over and over again as though it's evidence he was attacked. "Yoouuu guys all...." and "He had a noose around his neck..." and "The cops insisted he hand over his phone..."

None of what you post proves anything. What we DO know is -

• He claims he was attacked and fought back, yet the only injury is a scratch on his face.
  • He claimed in L.A. he had bruised ribs, but was wearing no shirt when he said that and there weren't any marks on him.
  • He claims he was on the phone with his Manager who clearly heard the thugs say, 'Maga Country' but he won't show the cops the details of the phone call on his cell.
  • 20 cops have spent more than 100 hours combing through all video captured in and around the area and have come up with NO SUSPECTS. Do you think they disappeared in thin air?

All of the above points to one big fabrication.

What you've posted as evidence that he was attacked - also points to one big fabrication.

This is typical of loons on the far left. Irrational and demanding everyone board that train.
He did not claim he had bruised ribs.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
He did not claim he had bruised ribs.
I just provided his quote. And I'm not going to repeat it twelve times.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:54 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
He got attacked by two big bubbas, a rope put around his neck...punched.... fought them both off....picked up his sandwich..put himself back together.....and walked to where the next camera picked him up again

Yeah, as if anyone is supposed to believe any of that. Besides the lack of security camera video to corroborate Smollett's fabrication, it's equally unlikely that redneck bubbas are Chicago inhabitants or winter visitors, and MAGA just isn't a common position held by Chicagoans. They're notoriously Dem. 84% voted for Hillary in 2016.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:54 PM

538 posts, read 386,015 times
It’s possibly a fabricated story the producers of Empire came up with to garner publicity for the show and he had to go along with it. Who knows what his contract entails.
If it is a hoax though I don’t think we will ever find out.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Could Jussie have paid someone to send him a “hate letter” and punch him in the face as part of some publicity stunt?
Here's the thing. Since there were so many red flags about the attack, since he and his Manager wouldn't show them details about the call, and since cops have dedicated a lot of time trying to find the perps and have come up empty-handed - the attack itself seems bogus.

And because the attack seems bogus, that puts the hate mail into question.

For all we know, his Manager sent the letter or he sent it himself.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:58 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
He got attacked by two big bubbas, a rope put around his neck...punched...they poured bleach on him.... fought them both off....picked up his sandwich..put himself back together.....and walked to where the next camera picked him up again

Not to mention he was also on the phone. LOL. Sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies