Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 10:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

I saw this earlier. It seems he has had a pretty checkered past as a police officer. One can argue that not all police officers are sick like this guy but that he's been able to keep his job makes them all guilty.

As an aside, it's really sad that the police can confiscate your car over an expired registration.

Stories like this, which are far, far more common that they should be is why I support people when they protest and break things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Both of my brothers are cops. They're considerably younger than me.

They're big strong ugly boys who look very intimidating. But they certainly know where the line is that they'll never cross. Neither has ever drawn his weapon, sprayed mace or used a taser or other take-down device. All of us were competitive wrestlers in HS and college and can do that w/o mechanical/chemical assistance. And they both have had to subdue unruly troublemakers many times on duty. Almost all were meth heads, a real problem in both of their mostly rural areas.

And both have told me that they HATE the "bad cops" in their depts and how difficult it is to get them removed. Some of it is nepotism, but I kinda doubt that's the case in a large dept like Detroit.
If they know where the line is they would speak up when the bad cops keep their jobs.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:59 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If they know where the line is they would speak up when the bad cops keep their jobs.
I'll pass on your much needed advice.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I'll pass on your much needed advice.

It's been passed on and ignored.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:09 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Thank GOD she didn't get in the car with him. Screws definitely loose there.

Further evidence they should be subject to deep psychological testing on an annual basis by a third party who isn't part of the boys club.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Both of my brothers are cops. They're considerably younger than me.

They're big strong ugly boys who look very intimidating. But they certainly know where the line is that they'll never cross. Neither has ever drawn his weapon, sprayed mace or used a taser or other take-down device. All of us were competitive wrestlers in HS and college and can do that w/o mechanical/chemical assistance. And they both have had to subdue unruly troublemakers many times on duty. Almost all were meth heads, a real problem in both of their mostly rural areas.

And both have told me that they HATE the "bad cops" in their depts and how difficult it is to get them removed. Some of it is nepotism, but I kinda doubt that's the case in a large dept like Detroit.
True. Nepotism would be more prevalent in a smaller department.

I’m still of the belief that most cops are well intentioned. I just refuse to believe that the bad cops are a small minority. That minority is a lot bigger than most people care to admit.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:23 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
True. Nepotism would be more prevalent in a smaller department.

I’m still of the belief that most cops are well intentioned. I just refuse to believe that the bad cops are a small minority. That minority is a lot bigger than most people care to admit.
Silence about the bad cops make the good cops complicit, and therefore, bad cops. That dynamic is what really stacks the deck against the average citizen.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:28 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Once I read this part of the story, I gotta wonder, HOW IN THE HELL is this guy still a cop?
It does make you wonder, but I've got you beat in a how is this guy still a cop stories. John Frederick Parker.

He had multiple infractions including using a prostitute on duty, being drunk on duty, and falling asleep on duty...among other allegations. Those aren't even his biggest screw up.

If you don't know who he is...he was the lone cop assigned to protect Lincoln at Ford's theater on April 14th, 1865. Where was he when Booth fired his shot? At the bar getting drunk.

According to some stories he showed up to work the next day with a prostitute and still drunk.

He wasn't fired.

Even after all of that.

Amazingly he was kept on White House security detail and was fired 3 years later for sleeping on the job.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...uard-12932069/

Old 02-01-2019, 11:32 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
She was wise to not get a ride with him. She don't know him...

He's supposed to be safe just because he has on a uniform? Not today...

Not with that creep that's for sure.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:35 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/03/n...sentenced.html

This guy made it all the way to police commissioner of probably the most overpaid police force in the United States.

Ever heard of the unsolved Oak Beach Murders?
....do so more reading. It gets real ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies